Rune-Server Usergroups | General Information and Requirements
Updated: February 12, 2019
- Updates user listing for Respected Members.
Below you'll find an index for quick navigation. The following thread contains general information, the usergroup requirements, and current members for all usergroups that're not obtained through a donation model. The information within this thread will be updated as necessary, and the updated date will be modified to match. If you've any questions regarding the information within this thread, contact a member of staff directly.
Last edited by Thee Wolf; 02-12-2019 at 09:12 AM.
The Respected Members of Rune-Server are a prestigious group of long term individuals who've made large contributions to the website in their time. These contributions have no definitive form, just in that they've impacted the community in a positive manner. These members are pillars within the community, acting as role models in their own right. This rank is very rarely given out, and serves to recognize the select few who possess it both for their time spent on the website and the impact they've had while doing so.
This usergroup has no distinct requirements, however the following is considered before a user is selected to receive the rank.
- Respected Members must have gone above and beyond in their beneficial contributions to the community.
- A Respected Member must have a relatively clean history within the site, having caused no significant harm to the site or any specific user.
- Respected Members maintain constant activity on this forum by posting in a positive manner and continuing to contribute to the site's well being.
Becoming A Respected Member
Assuming all of the above requirements have been met and the user has been recognized by the administrative team as someone worthy of the rank, they will be contacted and the rank will be awarded. This rank has no true nomination or voting process as it's a rank solely distributed by the administrators. This rank is something that cannot be obtained by members who're actively seeking it as it's something earned over time, with consistency, and a particular mindset that is recognized as such. Any effort made in acquiring the rank by asking to be reviewed will only be detrimental to one's chances of receiving it. Remember, the final determination of who receives this rank is made solely by the administrative team.
Current Respected Members
The following members are currently in the Respected Members usergroup. There is no specific order:
Spoiler for Respected Members:
Last edited by uint32_t; 03-27-2020 at 03:34 PM.
The Designers of Rune-Server is a usergroup populated by members who've had both their level of designing proficiency and community contributions recognized by their peers and staff team of Rune-Server. These members are exceptionally skilled in their design medium of choice and make an active effort in showcasing their works for the community to enjoy. These members are helpful within the section, providing feedback to others who share their work, contribute to discussions, and take an active part in the monthly community competitions. Above all, designers are role models within the designing community of Rune-Server and have been recognized as such with the rank.
All of these requirements must be met for a member to be put through the nomination and voting process of the usergroup. Failure to meet one of these requirements will automatically disqualify any possible applicants or will result in removal of the rank from a current member.
- Designers must be active within the community, frequently sharing their own work, commenting on the works of others, and playing their role in the monthly competitions.
- A Designer must have a clean history, having never been found ripping the work of others.
- Designers must be both knowledgeable and highly skilled in their programs. Their medium of choice doesn't matter, however they must be generally regarded as proficient within it.
Becoming A Designer
Assuming all of the requirements are met and the member has been recognized as someone deserving of the rank, a nomination thread will be created by a current standing member of the usergroup where all current members will cast their vote and speak their opinion of the nominee. If the majority vote in favor of the applicant's admission, the nominee will be notified of their invitation into the group and will be given the rank.
If you wish to become a Designer and believe you meet the requirements, the current members of the usergroup will already be ahead of you in creating the nomination thread and starting the voting process; harassing members of this group in your pursuit of the rank will only be detrimental to your admission.
The following members are currently in the Designer usergroup. There is no specific order:
Spoiler for Designer Members:
Last edited by Thee Wolf; 02-02-2019 at 08:07 AM.
The Veterans of Rune-Server is a usergroup populated by members who've been here since the very beginning. These members are well versed in everything that's happened within the site over the years. These members have first hand experience the many changes Rune-Server had going through; been here for the very highs and lows as the website and its members have evolved. It's been a long journey, and these members have experienced every bit of it.
Though this usergroup has no other requirements aside from being registered before a specific date, there is still some rough outlines that must be met to become a member.
- Veterans must have a registration date of at least 2006. There may be some exceptions made, however they are very rare and circumstantial.
- Veterans must have a firm grasp of the history of Rune-Server, being able to recall key events in what's shaped the website through the years.
Becoming A Veteran
The Veterans are a strictly administrative appointed usergroup. There is no voting or nomination process and the administrative team will review your account and have a private discussion with a member who meets the usergroup requirements. Simply put, if you're not already a member of this usergroup, it's highly unlikely you'll become one.
The following members are currently in the Veterans usergroup. There is no specific order:
Spoiler for Veteran Members:
Last edited by Omar; 04-13-2020 at 06:04 PM.
The Programmers of Rune-Server are a group of individuals who've been recognized for their proficiency and knowledge in coding their chosen languages. These members have been recognized among the many who've taken to learning as the very best, having shared or showcased many outstanding projects within Rune-Server.
Though this usergroup has no distinct requirements, the real sole prerequisite is that of a recognizable talent and skill.
- Programmers must be recognized among their peers and within the community as being exceptionally proficient and knowledgeable within their chosen programming languages.
Becoming A Programmer
The Programmers are a vote-in usergroup where the pre-existing members who've recognized a nominee's value will create a nomination thread where their potential admission will be discussed and subsequently voted on. If the majority vote in favor of the applicant's admission, the nominee will be notified of their invitation into the group and will be given the rank. Harassing members of this group in your pursuit of the rank will only be detrimental to your admission.
The following members are currently in the Programmers usergroup. There is no specific order:
Spoiler for Programmer Members:
Last edited by Thee Wolf; 01-23-2019 at 12:26 AM.
The Contributor rank is designed to encourage and promote positive contributions both within Rune-Server and the RuneScape private server community as a whole. It is not a rank that you can get by running a popular RSPS, nor from getting to the top of the toplist; rather, it is one based around helping users, providing insightful information, and releasing useful code or assets — such as models or maps.
All of these requirements must be met for a member to be put through the nomination and voting process of the usergroup. Failure to meet any one of these requirements will automatically disqualify the nominee.
- Contributors must be active, positive members within the community and have a solid history of useful contributions to the community at the time of their nomination
- Contributors must have a clean history, having not been infracted for serious offenses or caught misattributing work
Becoming A Contributor
To receive the contributor rank, a nomination thread must be created by a standing member of the group or a member of the staff team. Upon which, the group as a whole will cast their votes and discuss the nominee. If the majority of the current members are in favor of the nominee, they will be notified of the outcome and the rank will be applied to their account.
Additionally, staff have final discretion over nominations.
Losing The Contributor Rank
In some circumstances, users may end up losing the contributor rank. There are two ways this may happen:
- The user receives a specific infraction from a list of serious infractions. Examples of such infractions are as follows:
- Inappropriate Content
- Releasing Sensitive/Personal Information
- Ban Evasion Account
- Any Infraction 10 points and above
- The user’s activity drops for an extended period of time, or they stop contributing for an extended period of time. When this happens, other users of the group are be able to make a thread explaining why they feel a particular member should have the rank removed. Such threads should only be pertaining to activity rather than personal grievances. A staff member will then have the final vote on whether or not this user should be removed from the rank or not.
The following members are currently in the contributors usergroup. There is no specific order:
Spoiler for Contributor Members:
|« How to create a Report | - »|
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)