Thread: [SOLVED] Bumping topics in Merchants section

Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1 [SOLVED] Bumping topics in Merchants section 
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    3
    Thanks given
    0
    Thanks received
    3
    Rep Power
    0
    Hello

    Well, it's 2019, so I think it is about time to talk abou this (and this is why ppl are getting warnings):

    When You try to BUMP Your topic in Merchant section, You can not do that unless it has been 24h before Your last post in topic.
    Great.
    Now, when someone tryies to BUMP his topic faster, his BUMP post will be auto-merged with his previous (last) post. Thats cool.
    But...
    At the same time when 2 posts are beeing merged, previous (last) post date is auto-updated to date from BUMP post (the merged one).
    So...
    When someone can finally BUMP his topic, and BUMP post won't be merged anymore (24h has past), Moderator will see this:
    - Previous post from 8am today (where in fact this post date was from 11am yesterday, but because of auto-merge, date was updated to 8am).
    - BUMP post from 11am today.
    And he will give author a WARNING because he posted at 8am and 11am same day, which is bullshit. Posts were auto-merged together and date were updated.

    Why...in 2019, You still don't have BUMP button for topics in Merchants section? Author new post will be merged with previous post (topic won't be bumped) unless
    he uses BUMP button (from Topic Settings).

    Common guys, keep up for f sake
     

  2. #2  
    All you gotta do is speak on Ye

    Jay Gatsby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,131
    Thanks given
    1,004
    Thanks received
    1,240
    Discord
    Harry.#0001
    Rep Power
    5000
    Why do you need a new feature added just because you’re too lazy to wait for 24 hours before posting...?

    Quote Originally Posted by combatx View Post
    Kris let me help your undeveloped mind set, I need new opcodes to support the 184 version?
     

  3. #3  
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    3
    Thanks given
    0
    Thanks received
    3
    Rep Power
    0
    1. Lazy? I'm on this forum few days, but I already saw at least 4 MMO-RPG game forums. I had this stupid issue because there is NO COUNTER. I'm really aware person, but I won't set a bump clock on my PC, lol. There are Forum Tools for such things.
    2. If adding useful features to forum code is such a big problem, then I guess You really don't care much about this forum or users. There is a 3rd option - You are using stock code with no mods and You don't know how to add it. Which is even bigger lol then my first point.
    3. Is this Suggestion section? I guess it is. This is my suggestion. All other forums have it. If You don't like users posting suggestions in Suggestion section then remove this section. What's the point to keep it here, lol?
     

  4. #4  
    All you gotta do is speak on Ye

    Jay Gatsby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,131
    Thanks given
    1,004
    Thanks received
    1,240
    Discord
    Harry.#0001
    Rep Power
    5000
    Quote Originally Posted by MrAve View Post
    1. Lazy? I'm on this forum few days, but I already saw at least 4 MMO-RPG game forums. I had this stupid issue because there is NO COUNTER. I'm really aware person, but I won't set a bump clock on my PC, lol. There are Forum Tools for such things.
    There’s a date at the top of your post with a time stamp. Use this to check if your last bump was 24 hours ago. Why would you need a bump clock?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrAve View Post
    2. If adding useful features to forum code is such a big problem, then I guess You really don't care much about this forum or users. There is a 3rd option - You are using stock code with no mods and You don't know how to add it. Which is even bigger lol then my first point.
    I wouldn’t consider this a useful feature, it seems like a waste of development time and something that will just reduce actual forum interaction as users will log in simply to hit a button and then log back out. Granted it’s not much better having them write “bump” and logging out, but it’s at least a few more seconds on site which means they’re more likely to see something that piques their interest and keeps them online.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrAve View Post
    3. Is this Suggestion section? I guess it is. This is my suggestion. All other forums have it. If You don't like users posting suggestions in Suggestion section then remove this section. What's the point to keep it here, lol?
    When did I say I didn’t like you posting it? You posted a suggestion, I gave you feedback. Don’t expect to have things added just because you suggested it happens and provided a few sparsely related points about it in a low effort thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by combatx View Post
    Kris let me help your undeveloped mind set, I need new opcodes to support the 184 version?
     

  5. Thankful user:


  6. #5  
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    3
    Thanks given
    0
    Thanks received
    3
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Gatsby View Post
    There’s a date at the top of your post with a time stamp. Use this to check if your last bump was 24 hours ago. Why would you need a bump clock?
    I don't need a bump clock, I've just told You there is no proper indicator of AUTHOR last post. The thing You are talking about is oeverall indicator of last post in topic - of any user, not author. It is pointless and doesn't matter in our discusstionm AT ALL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Gatsby View Post
    I wouldn’t consider this a useful feature, it seems like a waste of development time and something that will just reduce actual forum interaction as users will log in simply to hit a button and then log back out. Granted it’s not much better having them write “bump” and logging out, but it’s at least a few more seconds on site which means they’re more likely to see something that piques their interest and keeps them online.
    You wouldn't consider this a useful feature because You are a mod who never used forum like a normal user and for sure doesn't use bump feature. This whole adrgument about "login time" is just LOL. I will take an opinion about that at the end of this post *.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Gatsby View Post
    When did I say I didn’t like you posting it? You posted a suggestion, I gave you feedback. Don’t expect to have things added just because you suggested it happens and provided a few sparsely related points about it in a low effort thread.
    You didn't gave Your feedback, You just post some nonsense-argument that doesn't really matter. But let me gather all the infos You just gave me:

    1. You don't see it usefull because You don't use it. Legit.
    2. This forum is using stock code therefor no one is able to code such thing. Got it.
    3. You really care about POST COUNTER which is some kind of indicator of forum usage which is one big LOL - You don't want to remove "bump" post, becaue You will have less posts on forum. My god.

    Everything is clear now. Thank You. Sorry for bringing this up. Someone can lock this topic.
     

  7. Thankful user:



Thread Information
Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)


User Tag List

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 10-30-2016, 04:13 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-08-2011, 02:59 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-26-2011, 05:46 AM
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •