1. Name all former members of the Rune-Server Official Server development team
This question in particular is not only difficult to answer, but realistically, we probably should have rephrased it as I am sure even we do not quite have each and every single iteration down. However, below is a rough timeline of some of the eras:
- Xerox, Jukk, Olli, Wolfpack, Bezza, Guthan, Thiefmn6092, Dodian, Gander, Zachera, Mastav, Dan, Kevy, InzInz (Yes, even Kevy!)
- Peterbjornx, Graham, Scu11, Sean, Thiefmn6092, Blakeman8192, Arian, Cascade
- Lenin, Leanbow, Sir Dave, kLeptO, Galkon, Jeff
Getting a point required at least three names. An additional bonus point was given to Graham for having the largest number of correct names.
2. List all domain names Rune-Server has had over its history
3. Name a forum theme Rune-Server had other than the current themes
4. Name a prominent feature that disappeared from the Rune-Server header after the vBulletin 4 migration
- Dark Fantasy
- Vision Green
The intended answer for this question was "Did you know?". But webmail/email, pastebin, and the various databases were also valid answers.
5. Which two users infamously claimed to have successfully bruteforced the XTEA keys used to encrypt maps?
The original intended answers were @Richard1992
. However, as Graham pointed out, Light232
also made similar claims. All three users are valid answers, getting a point required two out of the three.
6. Complete the following: "A whole class just to _____ a database? ____ ___ __ ____ ______ _____.____ hence ___."
A: A whole class just to mange a database? this can be done though server.java hence Md5.
7. Name three discontinued forum ranks
Any of the following three would have been valid answers:
8. List a multimedia feature that was infamously added to the Rune-Server official server
- RSPS Cleaner
- ShoutBox Moderator
- Trial Moderator
- Executive Moderator
- Administrative Assistant
- Server Developer
- Global Moderators
- Sectional Moderator
- Official MiddleMan
9. Which former Rune-Server staff member went on to become a Jagex employee?
- Video cutscenes
- Voice acting
10. Which Rune-Server member kindly bought another Rune-Server member a new laptop to, finally, get him off Windows Vista?
11. What was the username of the person who released the very first public RuneScape server emulator?
12. What forum can all RuneScape private server communities be traced back to?
13. What were the names of the two famous "ip changer" webclients? (A RuneScape client that is compatible with many servers and accessible via the browser)
14. What VPN software would you often have to download in order to connect to RuneScape private servers?
- SilabSoft Client
- MoparScape Client
15. "Silab items" refers to what?
A: Higher revision RuneScape items, such as godswords, dragon fullhelm, etc.
This was due to the fact that the MoparScape client was still shipped with a 3xx cache, whereas SilabSoft had packed items from the late 400s into hers. It was not uncommon to find help threads and requests for "silab items".
16. Complete the following: "[email protected]"
17. "Uber" is another name for which iconic RuneScape private server?
18. Who invented the "Perfect Compiler"?
A: [Mod] Taharok
19. Which server infamously uploaded a video tour of their office?
20. A server release involved a very popular streamer being banned from his own server, whilst streaming it. What was the name of that server?
21. A well known hosting company that is commonly used within the RSPS community, had a datacenter fire in 2021. This caused massive infrastructure issues across a number of industries and the ripples were even felt in the RSPS community. What was the name of the hosting company?
22. The logo of which server was the recipient of seminal fluid in a fabled, scandalous video?
Yes, a Rune-Server member gave Scu11's server a cumtribute live on video.
23. What fruit was involved in the 2006scape hack?
When 2006Scape was hacked by toil, a gif of a man having sex with an orange was plastered all over the website.
24. Name a dragon item that was commonplace in RSPS before it was implemented into Runescape
25. Name the popular batch file(.bat) many server owners used to rely on in order to give the server a presence of being relatively stable
- Dragon platebody
- Dragon kiteshield
- (non exhaustive list)
26. What was the name of the Java class that prominently featured in many servers and aimed to handle lag reduction?
27. A server release resulted in the misconception that a hacker was in a certain part of each user's files. This coined the popular term, "hacker in the ___"?
A: Hacker in the cache
28. A Rune-Server member, named after a mythical sea creature, managed to ban evade in the Discord for a number of months - even continuing the charade for weeks after their ban, before finally admitting their evasion. Who was it? You must supply both the original username of the evader(the mythical sea creature one) and the main username used to evade.
29. "Barry Zeroth" is an anagram for which unwavering ban-evader and notorious terrorizer of the free-help channel?
A: Brother Razy
30. Which user has had the largest number of infractions? (Infractions, not infraction points!)
31. Which staff member has given out the most infractions?
32. Which user has received the most PMs?
Other honorable mentions:
32. Which user has sent the most PMs?
- @Numbers - most received by non-staff
- @Infexis; - most received by a member who has never been staff
Most sent by non-bot, non-staff: Nova Genesis
33. Which active user has been here the longest? Active means logging in in the past 30 days.
Other honorable mentions:
34. Which user has the most VM's
- @Ramenryoko; - longest active non-staff user
- @Tom; - longest active user who has never been staff
Most VMs received by non-staff: @Leanbow