Thread: 14.12 New domain Rune-Server.EE

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 50
  1. #21  
    scream


    substance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,638
    Thanks given
    445
    Thanks received
    1,134
    Rep Power
    2961
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
    if it was as easy as u pretend it is i'd have seized all my competitors' domains and reigned victory already
    and im assuming that was kevy workign on it since rune-server.org already redirects to the .ee again (cached dns)
    nice conspiracy theories but no, given the aggressive past 5-6 weeks of channel takedowns i'm not surprised by this at the very least
    except that this doesnt follow jagex's standard for seizing domains at all? the conspiracy theory of "jegflex wants to takedown rune-server" is a much less believable one imo
    we cant be sure but sounds to me like some troll that has a slightly higher brain capacity than most r-s users
    Bathed in flames we held the brand
    Uncurled the fingers in your hand
    Pressed into the flesh like sand
    Now do you understand?
     

  2. #22  
    i almost gave a fuck
    Velocity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    21
    Posts
    1,897
    Thanks given
    930
    Thanks received
    1,993
    Rep Power
    2959
    Quote Originally Posted by substance View Post
    except that this doesnt follow jagex's standard for seizing domains at all? the conspiracy theory of "jegflex wants to takedown rune-server" is a much less believable one imo
    we cant be sure but sounds to me like some troll that has a slightly higher brain capacity than most r-s users
    if it was a carried out troll it's of the highest tier, but we've seen tens of big youtubers getting doublestriked in the past weeks and they've been extremely aggressive with it so it would fit in that stance
    and taking down rune-server is hitting us where it hurts believe it or not, as rune-server is the only 'hub' where the more talented people are and the actual advancing goes on. if they kill the community it all happens at, they do a lot of damage.
    Spoiler for large sig:
    Quote Originally Posted by JavaStrong View Post
    Gson is what the base code is and Json is the Java Extension / Version of Gson made by Google Inc.


    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
     

  3. Thankful users:


  4. #23  
    scream


    substance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,638
    Thanks given
    445
    Thanks received
    1,134
    Rep Power
    2961
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
    it's [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    the email used in the who.is infomation is [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    munich.com whois



    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] which points to the credibility of them being involved with jagex being low
    Bathed in flames we held the brand
    Uncurled the fingers in your hand
    Pressed into the flesh like sand
    Now do you understand?
     

  5. Thankful user:


  6. #24  
    Registered Member graardorrsps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    62
    Thanks given
    12
    Thanks received
    9
    Rep Power
    11
    Still very likely that its Jagex. This employee is on their legal counsel. He has all authority to use his name in the case.
     

  7. #25  
    i almost gave a fuck
    Velocity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    21
    Posts
    1,897
    Thanks given
    930
    Thanks received
    1,993
    Rep Power
    2959
    Quote Originally Posted by substance View Post
    the email used in the who.is infomation is [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    munich.com whois



    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] which points to the credibility of them being involved with jagex being low
    why would that company seize rune-server though? unless someone has offered a ridiculous amount for a (dying) community i don't see why they would
    Spoiler for large sig:
    Quote Originally Posted by JavaStrong View Post
    Gson is what the base code is and Json is the Java Extension / Version of Gson made by Google Inc.


    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
     

  8. #26  
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5,041
    Thanks given
    981
    Thanks received
    2,793
    Rep Power
    5000
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
    if it was a carried out troll it's of the highest tier, but we've seen tens of big youtubers getting doublestriked in the past weeks and they've been extremely aggressive with it so it would fit in that stance
    and taking down rune-server is hitting us where it hurts believe it or not, as rune-server is the only 'hub' where the more talented people are and the actual advancing goes on. if they kill the community it all happens at, they do a lot of damage.
    this is exactly what they'd be thinking too. Mopar, runelocus and the rest of the tiny little side projects dont even have 30% of the content on r-s, sure most will sod off to those other crummy communities but they're knocking out the leading google go to for rsps, lots of rsps knowledge will be lost if this site was to die.

    i've gone through icann policy on domain seizure and by no means is it a quick call, yes someone could fake these documents, however I personally think this is real. If you've hosted rsps before or been around rsps, you'll know Jagex always have this knack of appearing at the end of the year / start of the next year., used to get a DMCA literally every January. The previous tactic of calling owners and contracted failed miserably, most of them all have rsps servers now. you take 1 server down 10 more crop up and thats mainly because of rune-server.

    take the head off the snake.

    edit:

    @munich.com is just a mail hosting service, usually throwaway accounts, I don't know anyone who would use that service for a personal email but hey ho, it has no relevance to the take down.
     


  9. #27  
    scream


    substance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,638
    Thanks given
    445
    Thanks received
    1,134
    Rep Power
    2961
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    this is exactly what they'd be thinking too. Mopar, runelocus and the rest of the tiny little side projects dont even have 30% of the content on r-s, sure most will sod off to those other crummy communities but they're knocking out the leading google go to for rsps, lots of rsps knowledge will be lost if this site was to die.

    i've gone through icann policy on domain seizure and by no means is it a quick call, yes someone could fake these documents, however I personally think this is real. If you've hosted rsps before or been around rsps, you'll know Jagex always have this knack of appearing at the end of the year / start of the next year., used to get a DMCA literally every January. The previous tactic of calling owners and contracted failed miserably, most of them all have rsps servers now. you take 1 server down 10 more crop up and thats mainly because of rune-server.

    take the head off the snake.
    But surely jagex know that the community arent just going to dissappear, everyone will just flock to rl or mopar?

    Quote Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
    why would that company seize rune-server though? unless someone has offered a ridiculous amount for a (dying) community i don't see why they would
    they build advertising sites from active domains, i guess rune-server.org gets enough traffic to be worth their time? Its only a theory however its all very fishy and the evidence against it being jagex makes me really question if it is. This doesn't seem like jagex's method of doing things at all in my opinion.

    I just dont understand why they'd register it privately especially with an email that's got those links to it.
    Bathed in flames we held the brand
    Uncurled the fingers in your hand
    Pressed into the flesh like sand
    Now do you understand?
     

  10. #28  
    Sponjebobu
    Idiot Bird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,469
    Thanks given
    1,530
    Thanks received
    2,149
    Rep Power
    4320
    We're fucked lads.

    Kandarin's Website: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    The greatest upcoming OSRS PK server
     

  11. Thankful users:


  12. #29  
    i almost gave a fuck
    Velocity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    21
    Posts
    1,897
    Thanks given
    930
    Thanks received
    1,993
    Rep Power
    2959
    Quote Originally Posted by substance View Post
    But surely jagex know that the community arent just going to dissappear, everyone will just flock to rl or mopar?
    interestingly enough, i was in need of the old tool 'rsmv' just about an hour ago for a test tool i wrote to see if my model was dumped properly and with rune-server being down i had no way to download it. well, eventually from some shady tutorial forum from 2007... but you get my point
    rune-server has millions of posts and thousands of important resources that all independently contributed to the scene moving forward. comparing that to runelocus, which is nearly 99% filled with people with an iq below the temperature outside atm, i see why they'd want to kill this off..
    Spoiler for large sig:
    Quote Originally Posted by JavaStrong View Post
    Gson is what the base code is and Json is the Java Extension / Version of Gson made by Google Inc.


    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
     

  13. Thankful users:


  14. #30  
    Registered Member graardorrsps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    62
    Thanks given
    12
    Thanks received
    9
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by substance View Post
    But surely jagex know that the community arent just going to dissappear, everyone will just flock to rl or mopar?
    Start from the top and work your way down
     

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information
Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. New to rune server.
    By I like hell in forum The Red Carpet
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-02-2012, 11:43 AM
  2. Hello All ~ New To Rune-Server
    By Java++ in forum The Red Carpet
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-27-2012, 07:25 AM
  3. Happy New Year Rune-server (2010)
    By Qimmy in forum Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-06-2010, 12:40 AM
  4. Hello, im new to rune-server.
    By Mithril11 in forum The Red Carpet
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-21-2009, 02:14 AM
  5. Hey I'm new to Rune-Server :)
    By icp again in forum The Red Carpet
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-15-2009, 07:17 AM
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •