Thread: Cleaner Interface Drawing (OSRS,RS2) Any size

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Cleaner Interface Drawing (OSRS,RS2) Any size 
    Banned

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Hello so since I'm back on rune-server now / RSPS thought ill show u something little I decided to work on So I'm making a new interface system because I hate how it's currently done so the first thing I did was to make a method so I can now use 17 sprites to create any size Interface and opacity this is good so u don't have to spend time cutting interfaces out and editing to your interface as much and it's better for memory and size of the cache so here is a little demo running on debug mode so I can edit it live

Why did I want to make a new Interface System:

I just simply don't like it and I think this is a better way to do it and I can expand on it in the future making the interfaces resizable and make it so I can move them around and such

Why did I add an OSRS Style:

I added this because a lot of servers now have a osrs game frame switcher etc so this could be brought into that and even make the interface change revision and the scroll bar which is easy enough

What will I do next:

Next, I will be doing the same for buttons and making it so I can draw text inside the button without a new child making it easier cleaner and more efficient and making it so you can have hover buttons and only use one child so you don't have to have multiple

Any Questions you have or suggestions feel free to post below

Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    I've seen this on skype! Extremely excellent, I wish you the best on your progression.
    Attached image
    Attached image

3. Thankful user:

Blurite

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    You should work on your movable UI again
    Attached image

Banned

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    You should work on your movable UI again
    I have the code still may do soon with Rs2 style interface not rs3 i did actually complete it

Waddup

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Looks good Will this be compatible with all default interfaces though?

Banned

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan_ View Post
    Looks good Will this be compatible with all default interfaces though?
    not atm did not think about it since I was gonna re-build how most interface's work by re-doing them how they are read from cache ect but I'm sure it would be easy enough to achieve this

Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian_ View Post
    and it's better for memory and size of the cache
    Ha...

Also if you actually understood much of the interface system (especially in the 474-600 era.. but still applies to OSRS), then you'd understand why there's a need for the amount of different and dynamic components. I mean sure you could make text a part of the button I guess but in the end you're only making a system that's more and more static.

Also I'm not sure what you mean by how you're making it resizable... because interfaces are already resizable. It's probably a pain for most people though because they never bothered to make an actual editor like Jagex intended to have always used.

I would suggest you educating users on Jagex's highly dynamic interface system or making a tool to help people out instead of reinventing interfaces all together. Even if you end up completing this, there's no way your work could be dynamically placed into any client seeing as clients change vastly revision to revision.

-Sorry, edited this quite a bit.
    Attached image

Banned

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Gosre View Post
    Ha...
    dont think you know much lol if you are going to be like that and post nothing constructive please leave and for your information If you have more files aka sprites that will increase the size of the cache even if it is only a couple of kb it adds up in the end and if you are loading sprites into your client you are using more memory as you are loading more sprites even if its not a lot Now please leave with your 77 post count i would not of even mind if you had anything else to say all you picked out in the thread is that little thing and you choose to try and prove me wrong and make your self-look good (You failed you just look like a big-headed jerk ) have a nice day lmao if you can do better go ahead

Edit : it looks like you decided to edit your post lol and resizable by the meaning players can resize it and im not using " Jagex's highly dynamic interface system" I'm using my system and if you haven't notice this a the 317 (Well is the most known for being the 317 section) section lmao

Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian_ View Post
    dont think you know much lol if you are going to be like that and post nothing constructive please leave and for your information If you have more files aka sprites that will increase the size of the cache even if it is only a couple of kb it adds up in the end and if you are loading sprites into your client you are using more memory as you are loading more sprites even if its not a lot Now please leave with your 77 post count i would not of even mind if you had anything else to say all you picked out in the thread is that little thing and you choose to try and prove me wrong and make your self-look good (You failed you just look like a big-headed jerk ) have a nice day lmao if you can do better go ahead

Edit : it looks like you decided to edit your post lol and resizable by the meaning players can resize it and im not using " Jagex's highly dynamic interface system" I'm using my system and if you haven't notice this a the 317 section lmao
    Actually you should re-read. Also, in your title it says "Cleaner Interface Drawing (OSRS,RS2) Any size", RS2 included....
    Attached image

Banned

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Gosre View Post
    Actually you should re-read. Also, in your title it says "Cleaner Interface Drawing (OSRS,RS2) Any size", RS2 included....

RS2 Style of interface btw if rune-server is so bad why are u here to annoy people

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information