Thread: How much is a full-time developer? 317 Based

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 How much is a full-time developer? 317 Based 
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Hello,

Looking for a full-time developer for a 317-based server.

Tell me your prices or if someone can recommend someone.

Thank you,
    PortHosts

Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    About $30 an hour.

'Slutty McFur'

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by zayuhh View Post
    About $30 an hour.
    lol wat

Spoiler for wat:
    Attached image
    Attached image

Attached image

Registered Member

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    it depends on various factors but wages can start at ~$13/hr and can range up to $20+/hr.

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Is there anyway you can pay developers by Project? Pay them what they think they need for the entire project?

Once the server is running then put them on hourly?

Registered Member

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    I would suggest Titanium as he is very trust worthy and very good at what he does he is worth the money I believe he charges like 125 a week or so? Idk you would have to talk with him

https://www.rune-server.ee/black-mar...developer.html

Respected Member

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    317? A cent an hour should do just fine. If you're already going with a paid developer, you should probably choose a base which is actually stable and decent. Selecting a source that's already filled with tons of useless crap is not the way to go, your paid developer may indeed develop some decent, well-coded content but if the base is shit, it's still going to cause tons of issues.
    ^Everything I stated is based on the fact that there really aren't any good sources for 317 out there. Apollo is a little higher if I'm not mistaken here. The 317 base which you're speaking of most likely is one of the famous bases out there right now - Ruse, PI, Vencillio or whatever else crap they've uploaded in the downloads section.

But honestly, if you're looking for a good developer that actually has a decent enough amount of knowledge, you should be expecting to pay upwards 15 USD per hour tbh. But, bear in mind, that this would be for the actual hours developed. Not 5 mins of coding, 55 mins of drinking coffee -> Write down one hour. But actual development.

15 USD is what I'd personally start considering, below that - not a chance. And I'm not even that great of a developer.
    Attached image

8. Thankful users:

Theory Wins?
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    317? A cent an hour should do just fine. If you're already going with a paid developer, you should probably choose a base which is actually stable and decent. Selecting a source that's already filled with tons of useless crap is not the way to go, your paid developer may indeed develop some decent, well-coded content but if the base is shit, it's still going to cause tons of issues.
    ^Everything I stated is based on the fact that there really aren't any good sources for 317 out there. Apollo is a little higher if I'm not mistaken here. The 317 base which you're speaking of most likely is one of the famous bases out there right now - Ruse, PI, Vencillio or whatever else crap they've uploaded in the downloads section.

But honestly, if you're looking for a good developer that actually has a decent enough amount of knowledge, you should be expecting to pay upwards 15 USD per hour tbh. But, bear in mind, that this would be for the actual hours developed. Not 5 mins of coding, 55 mins of drinking coffee -> Write down one hour. But actual development.

15 USD is what I'd personally start considering, below that - not a chance. And I'm not even that great of a developer.

Apollo is multi-revision. There's plenty of great 317 frameworks out there that have everything needed to write a great server, people just lack motivation to use those resources.

Pheonix
    Flare
    Hyperion
    RuneSource
    Feather
    Asteria

There's quite a few.

Edit: And I'm not recommended releases based on the above, but the original builds of them which majority of them can be found still on their repositories.

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post

Would their be anyway to do a set price on a project for a 317 source, and then pay the developer hourly after we release it, and people find bugs, etc.

Donator

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by PortHosts View Post
    Would their be anyway to do a set price on a project for a 317 source, and then pay the developer hourly after we release it, and people find bugs, etc.
    If you know what you want done, the best thing to do would be to specify everything and try work out a price with the developer in question before any work is started, ensuring they know all the ins and outs - when work is completed, i'd say the final cost could change, becoming more or less and possibly also based on how long the work took and the developer in question...

good luck finding someone

12. Thankful user:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information