Thread: [Vencillio] Hosting locally on two or more computers

1. #1 [Vencillio] Hosting locally on two or more computers 
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Well I did it. I had this problem before on this thread and was looking for a solution, https://www.rune-server.ee/runescape...computers.html
    I was able to figure it out so here's how you can do it.

1. Set up a network connection between the two (or more) computers by initializing it with the computer you will run the server on. (I used Intel MyWifi which came installed on my laptop).
    Attached image
    If have a windows computer and don't have this you can download it here I believe for...
    Windows 10:
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/dow...Windows-10?v=t
    Windows 8.1:
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/dow...ndows-8-1-?v=t
    Windows 7:
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/dow...Windows-7-?v=t

1.1. Disconnect from any networks your on.
    1.2. Enable the network.
    Attached image
    1.3. There's also options to name the network and give it password.
    2. Open command prompt (type cmd in start menu) and type ipconfig on the server computer when the network is on. Get the IP address for IPv4 Address ...... : 192.168.137.1 for example.
    Attached image
    3. Open ClientConstants.java in the Client folder and find this code public final static String[] SERVER_IPS =
    4. Add the IP address that you noted down in step 2 as the first element of the array.
    5. While your in ClientConstants.java set LOCALHOST = false so it will actually use the IP address and not 127.0.0.1
    6. Now recompile and give the client to your other computer(s) by USB or whatever.
    7. Launch server (on the computer that made the network) and launch client (on other computers*) and you should be good.

*(Note, if you want to launch client on the server computer as well you should set LOCALHOST to true on server computer but false on the others).

The hardest part of this is getting the network connection working. I have a sony vaio on windows 7. I went to Control Panel > Network and Internet then opened Intel(R) My WiFi Technology and enabled the connection. Then I gave it a name and password and connected to it on another laptop. There is also the adhoc option if you just search "adhoc" on your computer. This is more difficult and requires manual entering of IP addresses. I haven't had success with this one yet. You can also try cable to cable with a cross link cable (which is different from standard ethernet cables mind you). Some computers may have firewalls that will need to be bypassed.

Good luck hope this helps, if you have difficulties message me and I will try my best to help. This should also work for other servers as well just different places to change the IP address and what not. Give thanks so I know who I have helped!

2. Thankful user:

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by knd6065 View Post
    Well I did it. I had this problem before on this thread and was looking for a solution, https://www.rune-server.ee/runescape...computers.html
    I was able to figure it out so here's how you can do it.

1. Set up a network connection between the two (or more) computers by initializing it with the computer you will run the server on.
    2. Open command prompt and type ipconfig on the server computer when the network is on. Get the IP address for IPv4 Address ...... : 192.168.137.1 for example.
    3. Open ClientConstants.java in and find this code public final static String[] SERVER_IPS =
    4. Add the IP address that you noted down in step 2 as the first element of the array.
    5. While your in ClientConstants.java set LOCALHOST = false so it will actually use the IP address and not 127.0.0.1
    6. Now recompile and give the client to your other computer(s) by USB or whatever.
    7. Launch server and launch client and you should be good.

(Note, if you want to launch client on the server computer as well you should set LOCALHOST to true on server computer but false on the others).

The hardest part of this is getting the network connection working. I have a sony vaio on windows 7. I went to Control Panel > Network and Internet then opened Intel(R) My WiFi Technology and enabled the connection. Then I gave it a name and password and connected to it on another laptop. There is also the adhoc option if you just search "adhoc" on your computer. This is more difficult and requires manual entering of IP addresses. I haven't had success with this one yet. You can also try cable to cable with a cross link cable (which is different from standard ethernet cables mind you). Some computers may have firewalls that will need to be bypassed.

Good luck hope this helps, if you have difficulties message me and I will try my best to help. This should also work for other servers as well just different places to change the IP address and what not.
    Thank you for the tutorial, I'd suggest some pictures tho

Rune-Server Affiliate
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Wow thanks this helped a bunch

Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    You've got to be fucking kidding me

Respected Member

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Strater View Post
    You've got to be fucking kidding me
    Harsh words from a bronze armour. Welcome to Rune-Server.
    Attached image

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Form View Post
    Thank you for the tutorial, I'd suggest some pictures tho
    Thanks, I added some pictures now and also added a bit more detail.

Thread Information