Thread: Need help with my server, putting online changing name and making a client

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Dagger View Post
    Do you still need help? If so, PM me your skype.

Oh cmon man, it doesn't seem like he's been around for awhile. We all have to start somewhere. Obviously if he just takes a source and puts it online and releases it to the public it's going to fail. I'm sure he plans on modifying the source.
    i understand & appreciate that, this community & scene needs new people & new heads - but he clearly hasn't put in any effort to actually learn, to expect to just download a server & client and put it online, lol..

i bet that after he has worked out to change the name in 2 files and click export to jar he will be back here wondering how to make himself an admin and how to add a ::item command

Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    dark dagger what you Skype accept my request and pm me it

For your corrected Iv had 2 server iv never done the developing side of it, not everyone has the gift to do it, so if you not going to help and take you comments else where

I have tried coding for last 3 months

Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Daley View Post
    i understand & appreciate that, this community & scene needs new people & new heads - but he clearly hasn't put in any effort to actually learn, to expect to just download a server & client and put it online, lol..

i bet that after he has worked out to change the name in 2 files and click export to jar he will be back here wondering how to make himself an admin and how to add a ::item command
    Good point. I'll make sure when I'm helping him that I make sure he knows a few things here and there and that he can't just release a source fresh off the download.

Respected Member

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    The title itself already contains three of the literally easiest tasks there are regarding RSPS development. Any tool should be capable of something as simple as changing name. It doesn't even require ANY knowledge in java or any language whatsoever.
    Speechless about this thread to be honest. No, I didn't read the previous replies yet but I bet they're similar to mine >.>

Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    iITS HARD TO FINE IV TRIED FINDING IT BUT COULDNT?!

Respected Member

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by CYROPLACE View Post
    iITS HARD TO FINE IV TRIED FINDING IT BUT COULDNT?!
    Define "tried". Opening a class or two is not "trying". Come back in two weeks. That's trying. That's about how long I try before I request assistance from the community(Unless it's something ridiculous like a configuration, then I cap it in some hours). That's almost always enough time for me to figure the stuff out as well.

Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    iv been using eclipse searching for the name and couldnt find it so define that aye?

Respected Member

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by CYROPLACE View Post
    iv been using eclipse searching for the name and couldnt find it so define that aye?
    So.. One obstacle hits your way and you come running to the community? This is NOT trying at all. This is simply a pathetic attempt to get spoonfed. In this "industry" (whatever you may call it) you will face endless amounts of obstacles. If you come running to the community with every single obstacle that hits your path.. you'll be creating tens of help threads every single day. Try on your own. You'll manage to learn to do this type of stuff if you succeed. However that's not even the most beneficial part of trying. You actually learn to figure the stuff out. That's the golden part about it. The more you try, the better you become at figuring stuff out. The less you'll be creating threads in this help board and the more you'll be answering them. Perseverance is the key here.

Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    been trying for 2 and half weeks

if your here to criticize then leave i got told to come here for help as i got told the people here are good for help, .....

Donator

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Failing to see how OP cannot find references of what his server is called searching by all files of "leechmescape"

I guess setting up on a VPS would be another story, but u been tryin to find the name of it for 2 weeks???

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information