Thread: Server sided map data

1. #1 Server sided map data 
    Extreme Donator

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    So I recently dropped my 667 and picked up Vencillio for a change and there are some things I am not familiar with. I am using a 118 packed cache but the server is still loading the original map data which causes the regions to be loaded with incorrect objects. I looked around and it is loading the objects from the contents of the /data/map/mapdata/ directory which contains a bunch of gZipped files. I was hoping someone could explain to me what these files were and where I can get/dump ones for #118. I really appreciate any help you can give me, even if you are not fully sure.

Waddup

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    The files in the index4 folder you packed in your cache go in there. Those are the map data files

Extreme Donator

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan_ View Post
    The files in the index4 folder you packed in your cache go in there. Those are the map data files
    Truth be told I did not actually pack the data, I went and found some client release that used 118 and then just ripped the itemDef changes from it and added them into my itemDefinitions and snagged their cache. There was some changes to the getSprite method in itemDefinitions but that was about it. Is there some tool I can use to dump my cache and get the map data files that way? Also why does the server not just have a copy of the cache and load everything it needs in like that? I noticed there are various XML files that contain definitions that could just be retrieved from the cache?

No one has a quick solution for me? I would really hate to have to rip the loader from the client to load this data in from the cache... especially when I know others must 'just have' this map data. I guess it probably came with the data release but unfortunately all of the links I can find are broken so the only thing I have is the raw cache.

Thread Information