Thread: How do tattoos over scars really turn out?

1. #1 How do tattoos over scars really turn out? 

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Just a heads up, the thread does contain image(s) of scars, if you're easily triggered please don't read!

Spoiler for Thread:
    Well, I've recently been thinking about tattoos and in the last 7 years I have been self harming, drug and alcohol abuse ect, but I can't seem to find any photos or information on the internet of tattoos that go over scars with much detail, they all tend to be low quality and bullshit looking photos which I feel the tattoo will have no meaning to me for a rough idea of what to put over them.

I have scars similar to this which in some photos turn out well and some don't, do people know if it depends on the shade of ink ect?

As for the other scars they look like this but on the photo they're darker, but mine are wider and longer. I've asked about this one as the scar tissue doesn't 'bump out' like the other scars, they've left an indent in the skin (cm-cm and a half) wide but you can tell that the skin doesn't bump out like the first photo which I know for a fact a tattoo wont cover completely as the skin is fucked, but it changes it's color or adds an attraction to the eye away from the scar itself.

Does anyone personally have any tattoos over scar tissue that they're willing to share or send via inbox so I can see how they look? Like does the ink stay inside scar tissue or does it change it slightly? Spent a fair bit of time on google trying to find some answers and I can't seem to find any. Also I know this isn't the best place to ask, but where else am I gonna ask where I'm anonymous?

Thankyou.

Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    it will never fully cover it but you can ask the tattoo artist to play with it so it looks like the scar is "made" you can go all sort of ways but it wont ever fully go away. you can also let an artist draw with pencil on it first to see how it looks.
    R-S Mod Response  NL
    Proud to be dutch.

Do you want to start modelling? Check lumplums thread here!
    https://www.rune-server.ee/runescape...del-guide.html
    Don't forget to look at the videos they will help you using primitives.

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziva View Post
    it will never fully cover it but you can ask the tattoo artist to play with it so it looks like the scar is "made" you can go all sort of ways but it wont ever fully go away. you can also let an artist draw with pencil on it first to see how it looks.
    I didn't feel too comfortable about asking a tattoo artist that's the problem

Enum_ Services
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow Cat123 View Post
    Just a heads up, the thread does contain image(s) of scars, if you're easily triggered please don't read!

Spoiler for Thread:
    Well, I've recently been thinking about tattoos and in the last 7 years I have been self harming, drug and alcohol abuse ect, but I can't seem to find any photos or information on the internet of tattoos that go over scars with much detail, they all tend to be low quality and bullshit looking photos which I feel the tattoo will have no meaning to me for a rough idea of what to put over them.

I have scars similar to this which in some photos turn out well and some don't, do people know if it depends on the shade of ink ect?

As for the other scars they look like this but on the photo they're darker, but mine are wider and longer. I've asked about this one as the scar tissue doesn't 'bump out' like the other scars, they've left an indent in the skin (cm-cm and a half) wide but you can tell that the skin doesn't bump out like the first photo which I know for a fact a tattoo wont cover completely as the skin is fucked, but it changes it's color or adds an attraction to the eye away from the scar itself.

Does anyone personally have any tattoos over scar tissue that they're willing to share or send via inbox so I can see how they look? Like does the ink stay inside scar tissue or does it change it slightly? Spent a fair bit of time on google trying to find some answers and I can't seem to find any. Also I know this isn't the best place to ask, but where else am I gonna ask where I'm anonymous?

Thankyou.
    My honest opinion is just ask. They aren't gonna judge you. Would it make sense to judge someone your trying to make a sell to? Get this my friend, Someone that lives near me had a tattoo of her husbands name and last name (obv her last name to) and he sadly passed away. 1 month later she had already got a new man and went and got his first name covered up but not the last name because they had sons and stuff. What do you think that tattoo guy was thinking? Pick a tattoo you like and get it there. Remember a tattoo can limit your job opportunities.

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Enum_ View Post
    My honest opinion is just ask. They aren't gonna judge you. Would it make sense to judge someone your trying to make a sell to? Get this my friend, Someone that lives near me had a tattoo of her husbands name and last name (obv her last name to) and he sadly passed away. 1 month later she had already got a new man and went and got his first name covered up but not the last name because they had sons and stuff. What do you think that tattoo guy was thinking? Pick a tattoo you like and get it there. Remember a tattoo can limit your job opportunities.
    True true, guess that's kinda stupid to get another name after a month. I already got a tattoo of a penguin on my right shoulder lol

WVWVWVWVWVWVWVW

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    True true, guess that's kinda stupid to get another name after a month. I already got a tattoo of a penguin on my right shoulder lol
    Idk about the smaller scars but the deeper ones would look cool if it went with a tattoo design, instead of trying to hide them
    Attached image
    Attached image

Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    I didn't feel too comfortable about asking a tattoo artist that's the problem
    I do understand but how do you want to get a tattoo if you don't even feel comfy about askig how to cover it

They are the last persons that will indirectly judge you about it.
    R-S Mod Response  NL
    Proud to be dutch.

Do you want to start modelling? Check lumplums thread here!
    https://www.rune-server.ee/runescape...del-guide.html
    Don't forget to look at the videos they will help you using primitives.

Enum_ Services
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziva View Post
    I do understand but how do you want to get a tattoo if you don't even feel comfy about askig how to cover it

They are the last persons that will indirectly judge you about it.
    Exactly most tattoo artist are cover with tattoos, and probably have some covering up some weird stuff.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Sure a tattoo artist is going to be like oh shit, but its gonna be an "oh shit, props to you dude".

10. Thankful users:

Community Veteran

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    you'll have to get over your anxiety (that's a horrible thing to say to someone but in this situation it's what is needed) and ask the artist if they are capable of doing it well. sometimes it can turn out really good, and other times not so much. it all really depends on the skill of the artist. but don't be too worried about them judging you for your scars. they've probably seen the same thing hundreds of times man. they aren't going to turn you away unless they don't feel they can do it.

good luck fudge.

Thread Information