Thread: Which one is better for gameing?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by i_pk_pjers_i View Post
    In this case, yes, but at the same time it is likely more expensive.

You seem to be very set in stone between these two PCs - why are you limiting yourself to only two PCs to choose from?
    The PC is most likely the best for the price.
    And i just want to know which one is better because the processor for the Alienware is a HQ PROCESSOR and the pcs processor is a KK processor so i wanna know if that changes which one is better?

Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Really it all depends on if it will be stationary or not. If you want to take it other places, you can't exactly do that with a PC, so in that case the laptop would be better.

However if you don't plan on moving it, you can always just build a better pc then what you would get out of alienware and also have the ability to upgrade it as new items come out.

Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Zivik View Post
    Really it all depends on if it will be stationary or not. If you want to take it other places, you can't exactly do that with a PC, so in that case the laptop would be better.

However if you don't plan on moving it, you can always just build a better pc then what you would get out of alienware and also have the ability to upgrade it as new items come out.
    But if it was just a battle between the 2 the alienware would be better right?

Im asking because laptop components are weaker then pc components so i want to know if the i7-6700HQ on the laptop is more powerful then i5-6500K in the laptop.

Respected Member

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by satellite View Post
    But the Intel Core i7-6700HQ 3,4GHz IS a HQ processor whereas the i5-6500 is a KK processor(this is why im asking).

Thanks!
    http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare...0/m34954vs3513
    They both have their ups and downs, but the question you really should be asking is.. Will you even use that much of the processor? I've got a pretty powerful computer myself right now, but I can honestly say that even when gaming, I'm not taking that much out of the PC. For most games, my CPU usage remains between 30-40% (It's an 8-core 4,4GHz amd processor), but regardless. There's always the possibility of overclocking both of these devices, someone stated that laptops often overheat.. Based off the reviews of AW, it does not overheat at all, even when overclocked to reasonable amounts. The only downside to all AW's laptops are that they're quite heavy, although it's reasonable at these specifications.

Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Person above me beat me slightly to it but comparing on 2 different websites (http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare...Q/3513vsm34954) & http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i...l-Core-i5-6500

The i5-6500 appears to be better then the i7HQ.

Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare...0/m34954vs3513
    They both have their ups and downs, but the question you really should be asking is.. Will you even use that much of the processor? I've got a pretty powerful computer myself right now, but I can honestly say that even when gaming, I'm not taking that much out of the PC. For most games, my CPU usage remains between 30-40% (It's an 8-core 4,4GHz amd processor), but regardless. There's always the possibility of overclocking both of these devices, someone stated that laptops often overheat.. Based off the reviews of AW, it does not overheat at all, even when overclocked to reasonable amounts. The only downside to all AW's laptops are that they're quite heavy, although it's reasonable at these specifications.
    So the best for gaming would still be the alienware regardless of this benchmark you have posted or have you changed your decision? Because the benchmark shows the alienware is not as fast as a the build pc :/
    Also include the factor or not overclocking since the build cannot be overclocked because the CPU is locked. And regardless of their prices.

Respected Member

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    So the best for gaming would still be the alienware regardless of this benchmark you have posted or have you changed your decision? Because the benchmark shows the alienware is not as fast as a the build pc :/
    Also include the factor or not overclocking since the build cannot be overclocked because the CPU is locked. And regardless of their prices.
    Just because the processor is slightly worse on the AW doesn't mean the entire computer is in unusable state lol, the difference between the two processors is actually pretty small. But as I stated, you will hardly ever even use up all of the CPU. The rest of the specifications seemed to be far better on the AW than on the custom build. If you've got the money and don't care for it, I'd say go for the AW. You won't be sorry once you do get it.
    I built this very PC up myself as well, but now, a year after doing that.. I wish I would've just throw in some more hundreds and gotten an AW laptop myself. You will occasionally want to bring your computer with you, trust me on that. With a PC that's rather difficult.

Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Just because the processor is slightly worse on the AW doesn't mean the entire computer is in unusable state lol, the difference between the two processors is actually pretty small. But as I stated, you will hardly ever even use up all of the CPU. The rest of the specifications seemed to be far better on the AW than on the custom build. If you've got the money and don't care for it, I'd say go for the AW. You won't be sorry once you do get it.
    I built this very PC up myself as well, but now, a year after doing that.. I wish I would've just throw in some more hundreds and gotten an AW laptop myself. You will occasionally want to bring your computer with you, trust me on that. With a PC that's rather difficult.
    Hmmmm you are right the processor dosent mean everything. And the alienware has hyperthreading. Is the alienwares graphics card better then the build one or have they changed it so they can put it in a laptop?

Thank you very much!

🎶 As you're falling down 🎶

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    The PC is most likely the best for the price.
    And i just want to know which one is better because the processor for the Alienware is a HQ PROCESSOR and the pcs processor is a KK processor so i wanna know if that changes which one is better?
    You aren't getting my point. There are hundreds if not thousands of PCs with different combinations that can be made, why limit yourself to two choices when you don't have to? That is the part that confuses me.

Hmmmm you are right the processor dosent mean everything. And the alienware has hyperthreading. Is the alienwares graphics card better then the build one or have they changed it so they can put it in a laptop?

Thank you very much!
    They are basically 99% the same graphics card.

Both computers will perform about the same, but really I'd suggest the desktop unless you know you need the portability that a laptop provides - which is basically the only reason for laptops existing in the first place. With that laptop, you basically cannot upgrade it so you are limited to that hardware - with the desktop, you can upgrade it in the future as better GPUs become available, etc.

Laptops are usually more "limiting" if that makes sense, and you should only buy one if you know you need one and the portability that comes along with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Idiot Bird View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
    lol np mate looks like the community brought ur rep down to ur IQ
    Not too sure about that, it's at 0 . It would have to go minus to even be remotely close to his IQ.

10. Thankful user:

Spread Love

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    I'm sorry but if someone is trying to tell me that the laptop is faster than the Desktop you are out of your mind. Also comparing the prices between the two is just funny

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information