Thread: So what's with the rule about projects linking to their website?

1. #1 So what's with the rule about projects linking to their website? 
    Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    RS2/RS503+ Project Section says

The following types of threads/posts are not allowed to be post in the projects sub-forum:
    • Any direct advertising of another community, this includes webclient links. If you have a playable server, post it in the advertisement sub-forum with these links.
    Whereas on several threads in both section there are outgoing links to project sites. Is this rule bendable for certain people or are have mods stopped caring?
    I'd like to know the reason for it as well because having users sign up for your project is a good way to keep them up-to-date besides this site.
    Quote Originally Posted by blakeman8192 View Post
    Keep trying. Quitting is the only true failure.
    Spoiler for skrrrrr:

Attached image

Banned

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    I assume the rule was set in place to help separate the "Projects" from the "Advertisement" sections. Linking your website or forum on a server's project thread would be advertising that server because all updates/progress made could be shared on the thread. As for mods not giving a shit, that's up to them to answer.

3. Thankful user:

Head Veteran and Respected Member

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Linking to their website isn't allowed if their website is a community. They can link a website if it's a sort of blog type of thing where people can't openly discuss various topics on forums, use a shoutbox, play betas, and things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyluur View Post
    s this rule bendable for certain people or are have mods stopped caring?
    People violate this rule 24/7 and yeah if it's not blatantly obvious the mods don't give a rats ass anymore. We have 3 forum mods, we barely see Michael, and if the trend is anything like before I was demoted Koy/Menth don't give a fuck about reports anymore and just handle a few here and there and delete the rest.

The fact that there's not more mods than there are is embarrassing. Yeah I get it, candidates aren't flying all over the place, but there's people who wouldn't be total retards. If the admins came on once a fortnight anymore they'd realize it too.

🎶 As you're falling down 🎶

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Thakiller View Post
    Linking to their website isn't allowed if their website is a community. They can link a website if it's a sort of blog type of thing where people can't openly discuss various topics on forums, use a shoutbox, play betas, and things like that.

People violate this rule 24/7 and yeah if it's not blatantly obvious the mods don't give a rats ass anymore. We have 3 forum mods, we barely see Michael, and if the trend is anything like before I was demoted Koy/Menth don't give a fuck about reports anymore and just handle a few here and there and delete the rest.

The fact that there's not more mods than there are is embarrassing. Yeah I get it, candidates aren't flying all over the place, but there's people who wouldn't be total retards. If the admins came on once a fortnight anymore they'd realize it too.
    I agree with you 100%. It may be easy for some people to pass blame of things slipping through the cracks all onto the current mods (I am not saying that you are doing that at all), but at the same time it's easy to see that a website this big would be extremely hard for only a few mods to moderate especially when they may have other things going on in life. It would be unrealistic to expect that every report or everything be dealt with right away, or even at all when there are so many rule breakers and very, very few mods anymore. Plus, modding is extremely time consuming even when there are already others helping out - I was a mod on mopar back in 2007 and I haven't really wanted to mod anything ever since I stepped down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Idiot Bird View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
    lol np mate looks like the community brought ur rep down to ur IQ
    Not too sure about that, it's at 0 . It would have to go minus to even be remotely close to his IQ.

So what's with the rule about projects linking to their website?

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyluur View Post
    Whereas on several threads in both section there are outgoing links to project sites. Is this rule bendable for certain people or are have mods stopped caring?
    Report them

edit: affiliates are of course not forced to follow this rule

Attached image

Thread Information