Thread: How to quit smoking?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Registered Member

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Spoiler for Replies:

Quote Originally Posted by Stevenhax View Post
    Try decrease the amount you smoke daily as mentioned earlier.
    I quit smoking myself for half a year now and the hardest part was breaking the habit of smoking in
    set occasions. An example being: when I went to cycle to school I would always light a cigarette,
    when there was a break I would always smoke one etc.
    If you can break the habit of always smoking at these specific occasions and just smoke one when you really
    want to things will start getting easier. I noticed myself not even want to smoke many of the times
    I did, it had just become a habit since normally I would do nothing at these moments and I somewhat
    used it to kill time / be doing something. To break the habit of always smoking at set occasions I'd suggest
    looking for a replacement activity to do when you would normally smoke.

PS: don't try quitting multiple things at the same time, for example if you drink as well and you quit drinking
    and smoking together it'll be much harder and you'll most likely end up failing.

TLDR; If you let's say smoke a pack a day and you try going from a pack to zero in a day I can almost guarantee you it
    will not work out, if you slowly decrease the amount and break the smoking habits it'll be much easier.
    Try finding a replacement activity for when you would normally smoke.
    Yeah I'm trying to break my habits and not smoke as much as I used too at the times when I used to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by minutes View Post
    How I did quit smoking? well one day I just said to me this is my last pack of pack of cigarettes. My teacher did this also like 3 years ago, and I was surprised its that easy to quit. and For now I have been clean from smoking over 6 months, and its feels awesome. tip for this also: DO NOT BUY OTHER NICOTINE PRODUCTS! its only going to push you abit..

edit + never buy a new pack of cigarettes.. that is the key for success!
    Mmm, won't work out so well. I can't simply quit in a day because I smoke 1-2 packs a day it will just make everything worse and I'm not going through detox.

Quote Originally Posted by substance View Post
    Kool shades bro

Quote Originally Posted by Idiot Bird View Post
    If theres anything ive learnt over the years, its that self disciplin is key to success. When i wanted to lose weight, self disciplin is what helped me. You also need the will to do something, unless your mind is set to it, you simply cant. So unless your mind is set to quitting, dont. I cant quit smoking right now mainly bevares i dont want to, ive tried once just to see if i could, without really being motivated and ill tell you right now, after 24 hours i felt like a junkie needing a fix, which is what i was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Idiot Bird View Post

If i had ny mind set to it, i could endure it tho.
    I'm aware it's highly dependent on my self discipline. My mind is heavily set on quitting, but I still sometimes come back to the though that it's not worth quitting. I'm slowly lowering the amount I smoke each day and I am fully determined to quit no matter how hard it will be or how long it will take me to do so. It's killing me slowly and I can't go on like this anymore. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Savions View Post
    source of smoking less is good motivation

what REALLY wants u to smoke less?
    The source of me wanting to quit, is my health. For the past 10 years I have had the mindset that it doesn't matter I'll smoke until I die, but recently I have come to terms that this isn't the way to live. I have been experiencing severe pain in my chest (heart/lung). I can't even run a few hundred meters without losing my breath anymore.

Unless I manage to quit it will only get worse and eventually will kill me.

Banned

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    you need to control yourself properly, there are many ways to quit, cold turkey or just by not doing it anymore, sometimes I quit for 1-3 months just because I'm too lazy to go out and buy a pack, but even you "quit" you know you're never going to be the same, you'll always look at people with cigs in their hands, you'll always feel the lust for it. I wish the best for you tho, get over your addiction with another healthier addiction.

3. Thankful user:

Ask me how I'm doing

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Setup View Post
    Smoke weed. Both of my parents used to smoke cigs at least a pack a day for 8 years. I introduced them to weed where they stopped smoking cigs, and now smoke weed every weekend.
    I think the point of this thread is he wants to stop smoking, not start smoking weed.
    Attached image

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    push yourself to say stop. Your mentality thinking is important.
    removed

Community Veteran

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Same boat as you. Been smoking for 11 years now. It's a very hard habit to break.

I've been vaping on/off for a few years and it does work, but only if you have the right mindset. You need willpower.

If you truly don't want to quit smoking you will never quit smoking. If you cannot fight back the urge to buy a pack of smokes you will keep smoking. As corny as it sounds a lot of it is in your mind. Mind over body man. Shorter term smokers won't fully understand what it's like for a long term user to stop, hence some of the suggestions such as not to buy a pack of smokes, or smoke weed instead (so edgy) will obviously not work for you.

Vaping is the only thing I've found that has actually helped with both the addiction as well as the habit. Going to be trying to go straight vape on Monday. But I've known even longer term smokers than me who have quit either with this weird anti-depressant they prescribe for it, as well as cold turkey. My Mom who smoked for nearly 30 nears just one day quit cold turkey. And by one day I mean it took 3 or 4 years for her to fully quit, but she quit and hasn't had a smoke in years now. Everyone is different I guess eh.

Good luck brother.

RageXile Owner ;)
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Pretend touching a cigarette will kill humanity *including yourself* instantly.

Idk just trying ideas

8. Thankful user:

Donator

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Aim High View Post
    Pretend touching a cigarette will kill humanity *including yourself* instantly.

Idk just trying ideas
    What
    Spoiler for Lolz:
    Attached image
    [Today 06:47 PM] Rusko: Shut uo ethernet ur moms a whore

10. Thankful user:

Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Activate View Post
    I've been trying to quit/smoke less for the few weeks now, but.. I always come back to it. I've tried vaping, candies, pills etc. Recently I've been having severe health issues, been smoking for around 10+ years now. If anyone has any advice it would be appreciated.
    I have smoked since I was 12.... My dad would send me out to collect halfies for him and one day I smoked one with him and have smoked since. I'm 20 now.
    I'm actually in the process of quitting. The best way is to smoke weed instead of cigarettes, or just go all-out spartan, prepare ur head first, and just stop smoking, mind over matter. I have faith you'll be able to stop soon and can get back onto living a healthier life.

Marijuana

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Smoke ONLY at night. If you can stick to that, it will work!

Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Mind over matter. This is something I have never gotten into as I always found it a waste of time and money, but I would recommend trying to replace it with a physical activity that will get easier if you kick your bad habits such as weightlifting and cardio. Many people I have helped train in the gym have quit smoking due to not having appropriate stamina and ended up changing their lives for the better.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information