Thread: OSRS Loot Simulator

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 OSRS Loot Simulator 
    Krator || Indie Dev

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Hi everyone,

As per mentioned previously, I've abandoned the last build I had for this, and I just wanted to restart because I've learned a little more with Unity and animations using their in-house software. I'm also (primarily) working on a desktop version (depicted below) that may be able to be ported to mobile applications (iOS and Android, sorry Windows users). A few of the core mechanics will be changing, such as the item -> XP system. Still working out the kinks, but for the most part I'm going to try to incorporate items with skills. Say you roll a raw fish, you get some Fishing XP. Combat items is where it gets a little tricky and I think this is going to be the largest struggle for me. I'll try my best to balance them, but for now the solution I have is:

Armours:
    • Defence + HP XP

Weapons:
    • Melee Weapon
      • Some items will be assigned to Strength XP, others assigned to Attack XP
    • Magic Weapon
      • Magic XP

• Ranged Weapon
      • Ranged XP

Skilling Items:
    • Raw fish -> Fishing XP
    • Ores -> Mining XP
    • Bars -> Smithing XP
    • Logs -> Woodcutting OR Firemaking XP
    • Potions -> Herblore
    • Seeds -> Thieving
    • Herbs -> Farming
    • Runes -> Runecrafting
    • Planks -> Construction XP
    • Hides/Gems -> Crafting XP
    • Impling jars -> Hunter XP
    • Bolts/arrows/bows -> Fletching XP

Again, I'll continue to balance and manage the XP rates/rarity of certain things accordingly. The only skill I do not currently have plans for is Slayer. If you have any genuine ideas, feel free to share them otherwise we may be missing a skill I appreciate those of you who have stayed in contact via Skype asking about this project and I'm glad I can finally give you guys some level of understanding of where this is going. Here's some media of the new layout below. Graphics are a WIP but we're making a lot of progress.

Attached image

Old Post:
    [SPOIL]Hello everyone,

Before I start, I'd like to say thank you to those who supported my previous project, however it has since been worked on and sold to someone who had more time and wanted to take it in a different direction. I've recently got back into app development and started a new "game" loosely based on this CS:GO Case Simulator, but obviously with a RuneScape twist. As per usual, here's some media to give a general idea of where it's at right now.

This game is purely RNG and has no perks that will be available to give you any kind of edge.

I'm still working on the stats screen, but basically it records all the items you've gotten over time. For example, I've received 20 AGS and 44 red partyhats so far. It then adds the values of those items up and gives me my 'lifetime earnings'. Your current wealth* is displayed on the top right of the screen at all times, on all screens. I'm also working on a leveling system.

Leveling up won't give you perks, it doesn't make any items more frequent to pop up, it's just incentive to play and compete. XP is based on item value when you sell it. You recieve 5 XP per roll, regardless if you sell the item or not. If you sell the item, you get 50% value in XP. For example, AGS is 50M, I get 25 XP as well as 50M gp if I choose to sell it. Coins (current wealth/gp) will be used for hiscores purposes (RNG based hiscores, fair right?) as well as "in-app" purchases to give you sprite packs that basically reskins the app. More on this later.

If you guys have any suggestions or comments, please don't hesitate. This is very much still in the brainstorming stage and I appreciate all feedback.

Media:
    [SPOIL]

Game screen:
    Attached image

New loot:
    Attached image

Your current items in your inventory:
    Attached image

Update 1/3/2017:
    Stats interface:

Update 1/6/2017:
    Removed the old stats interface. Began working on a perk system.

Right now, this is the only active perk. Perks can be earned by spending GP in the in-game store. This perk, "Lotto", has a chance to take the item you initially rolled and change it into another item in exchange for no XP. Basically, if I roll a Rune Scimitar (awful loot) and my perk triggers (scales with level, current formula is (level x .05 / 100), subject to change), I could choose to reroll the rune scimitar in exchange for no XP gain and a possible better item. The game mechanics are changing and you will not have unlimited rolls all day, every day. I'll update more on this later.
    [/SPOIL]
    [/SPOIL]
    Attached image
    [/CENTER]

2. Thankful user:

Banned

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Goodluck with this looks really interesting.

Krator || Indie Dev

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Legerity View Post
    Goodluck with this looks really interesting.
    Thank you! Shouldn't be a long process to finish, doesn't get incredibly complex.
    Attached image
    [/CENTER]

Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    How is this going to be based? Just open a chest, or is it going to be a clicker type game. Where you click the screen, get gold and buy the chest?

Other than that. Looking good buddy
    Where the fuck is my cigarettes, I need my cancer. [C]44..

Krator || Indie Dev

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Remi View Post
    How is this going to be based? Just open a chest, or is it going to be a clicker type game. Where you click the screen, get gold and buy the chest?

Other than that. Looking good buddy
    Hey, thanks for the reply! Right now the fundamentals are clicker-based. You tap the chest (phone app, so yes, tap), it gives you an item which you can then keep or sell for XP + GP. GP will allow you to buy cosmetics in the app and XP will level you up, which is pending incentive. I have a few ideas but nothing in concrete.
    Attached image
    [/CENTER]

7. Thankful user:

Spread Love

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Oh wow, good luck it's looking good so far

Krator || Indie Dev

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhruv View Post
    Oh wow, good luck it's looking good so far
    Hey, thanks!

On a related note: support signatures now available!

Spoiler for Signature:

Completed a prototype stats screen. Definitely looking for feedback on this one. Might go a 'table' route instead of text. I'll mach that up tomorrow, but here's what's planned on being tracked as of yet:

If you have another idea of something to track, do run it by me.
    Attached image
    [/CENTER]

Registered Member

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    intriguing concept, some feedback

-the "x" (to close interface) is on the wrong side, should put it top right corner

-"If you sell the item, you get 50% value in XP. For example, AGS is 50M, I get 25 XP as well as 50M gp if I choose to sell it"
    don't you mean 25M xp?, like what if something is actually worth 50gp from a roll, I'm assuming that will grant 25xp right? Because 25 is not 50% of 50M, it's .00005% just saying...

-anyway i think a game that is 100% luck based is boring af, literally nothing u can do urself, maybe expand a little where people can alter their luck, for instance u can use "ring of wealth" bonus to inc. chance of higher value item but the roll takes slightly longer as a trade-off, where as using a "berserker ring" bonus gives you standard loot rates but faster rolls = more rolls/hr so players can make a choice somewhere that could be good/bad
    None.

11. Thankful user:

Krator || Indie Dev

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo! View Post
    intriguing concept, some feedback

-the "x" (to close interface) is on the wrong side, should put it top right corner

-"If you sell the item, you get 50% value in XP. For example, AGS is 50M, I get 25 XP as well as 50M gp if I choose to sell it"
    don't you mean 25M xp?, like what if something is actually worth 50gp from a roll, I'm assuming that will grant 25xp right? Because 25 is not 50% of 50M, it's .00005% just saying...

-anyway i think a game that is 100% luck based is boring af, literally nothing u can do urself, maybe expand a little where people can alter their luck, for instance u can use "ring of wealth" bonus to inc. chance of higher value item but the roll takes slightly longer as a trade-off, where as using a "berserker ring" bonus gives you standard loot rates but faster rolls = more rolls/hr so players can make a choice somewhere that could be good/bad
    I do see what you mean regarding the XP rolls. I'll look into that, but I'm trying to be kind of relative to RuneScape in terms of XP. 25M xp would be insane for 1 item. I'll look into altering the formula.

As for the luck-based comment, I can understand this. I'll pass it onto the content team and see if they have any propositions. Thank you so much for the feedback, please do let me know if you have any more ideas regarding content.

In regards to the exit button, I've re-positioned them all accordingly. Thanks for pointing that out!

Attached image
    [/CENTER]

Krator || Indie Dev

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Scrapped the old 'stats' interface. Began working on a 'perk' system as suggested. Right now, this is the only active perk. Perks can be earned by spending GP in the in-game store. This perk, "Lotto", has a chance to take the item you initially rolled and change it into another item in exchange for no XP. Basically, if I roll a Rune Scimitar (awful loot) and my perk triggers (scales with level, current formula is (level x .05 / 100), subject to change), I could choose to reroll the rune scimitar in exchange for no XP gain and a possible better item. The game mechanics are changing and you will not have unlimited rolls all day, every day. I'll update more on this later.

Attached image
    [/CENTER]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information