Thread: [876 Project] - Looking For Developers!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 [876 Project] - Looking For Developers! 
    Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    I like to start by saying thank you for taking your time to look into this opportunity.

The whole idea of this project is to bring back the gaming scene of RSPS and the developing scene of RSPS.

Goals:
    • The first goal of this project is to get an 876 client connected to the server. So I will need a developer who is able to provide a working 876 client and server. First one to send me a PM of it working along with download link you will be apart of this project immediately.
    • The second goal of this project is to add features. We will add all default features into the server making the server playable. Extra features we will discuss later.
    • The third goal of this project is to modify cache files, making it more interface friendly with players.
    • The final goal is to edit the map along with making customs of everything.

How many people do I need?
    I currently need 5 developers who are up to the task. The server we work on will be private until it's ready for release to the community. (Basically when 876 is outdated)
    Update:
    ###Developer Spots (5 Left)###

If you think your up to this task please send me a PM explaining why you should be apart of this team and try to provide past example projects on what you did. Remember being apart of this team you are only benefiting the community, players, developers, and yourself. There is no staff pay as this project will be an experiment to the community. The only thing close to pay you'll receive is fame.

However, if the community takes a turn again and starts leeching/leaking the server and client we're building, we will no longer support the open source and will keep our server completely private for future releases. Along with developers getting paid to keep the project private, secured, and safe from leechers & leakers. If a developer betrays us just so they can get paid, the developer will no longer be apart of the team along with severe consequences. This team is more focused on giving the source out to the public when the time is right, but it's also trying to be a lesson for other developers to actually learn from the project. Someone that just takes an open source project, edits it a little, and claim it as their own server is very frowned upon in this community. So please don't do it, have respect.

Any questions?
    PM me I'll answer them as soon as possible.

Registered Member

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Good luck.

Banned
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    I don't think any dev capable of doing 876 will work for free, but good luck finding someone

Banned

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    good luck w/ this

Donator

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Good Luck

Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommeh View Post
    Good luck.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Chryonic View Post
    I don't think any dev capable of doing 876 will work for free, but good luck finding someone
    Well if need be for a reasonable cause they can get paid. Other than that the project is for more towards of learning java, and networking, and when released to the public it will be easier for the people who want to learn java on how it works and why it works. Along with releasing custom tools to help developers out easier, and other unseen features. And thanks I'll need that luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthless View Post
    good luck w/ this
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravaged View Post
    Good Luck
    Thanks.

Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    What will YOU bring to the table? All you write about is what other people should do. Such as converting, i can convert. But what is the point of it if you are not going to do anything?

Respected Member

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Akatosh View Post
    What will YOU bring to the table? All you write about is what other people should do. Such as converting, i can convert. But what is the point of it if you are not going to do anything?
    He'll be taking the credits, of course. Someone has to do the dirty work the others just won't do.

9. Thankful users:

Banned

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    severe consequences? like what exactly?

good luck

Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Akatosh View Post
    I will be helping with the development. I'm not going to be doing nothing and tell what other people what needs to be done. Like for instance when I said "The first goal of this project is to get an 876 client connected to the server. So I will need a developer who is able to provide a working 876 client and server. First one to send me a PM of it working along with download link you will be apart of this project immediately." I'm not trying to steal the project, I'm currently trying to get the client working with the server, but in other hands if someone has already done it I'm not going to use it and claim it, it will be a team project, and I want to know how they did it so I can learn along the way also.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldritch View Post
    He'll be taking the credits, of course. Someone has to do the dirty work the others just won't do.
    I will not be taking any credits unless I have done something the community hasn't done yet. So really it's fair game for all developers. Don't get credit unless you done something useful and the community hasn't released any coding towards what you did, not what someone else did or made. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Porsche View Post
    severe consequences? like what exactly?

good luck
    Like the whole project gets taken down including the open source for the community to learn off from. Along with announcing to the community who has betrayed us for bad rep. Nothing too severe, but severe enough for the community to miss out on an opportunity to take RS-PS to the next level. Really Matrix Team has inspired me to make this project. So thanks for the luck will be needing it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information