Thread: 14.12 New domain Rune-Server.EE

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
    if it was as easy as u pretend it is i'd have seized all my competitors' domains and reigned victory already
    and im assuming that was kevy workign on it since rune-server.org already redirects to the .ee again (cached dns)
    nice conspiracy theories but no, given the aggressive past 5-6 weeks of channel takedowns i'm not surprised by this at the very least
    except that this doesnt follow jagex's standard for seizing domains at all? the conspiracy theory of "jegflex wants to takedown rune-server" is a much less believable one imo
    we cant be sure but sounds to me like some troll that has a slightly higher brain capacity than most r-s users

Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by substance View Post
    except that this doesnt follow jagex's standard for seizing domains at all? the conspiracy theory of "jegflex wants to takedown rune-server" is a much less believable one imo
    we cant be sure but sounds to me like some troll that has a slightly higher brain capacity than most r-s users
    if it was a carried out troll it's of the highest tier, but we've seen tens of big youtubers getting doublestriked in the past weeks and they've been extremely aggressive with it so it would fit in that stance
    and taking down rune-server is hitting us where it hurts believe it or not, as rune-server is the only 'hub' where the more talented people are and the actual advancing goes on. if they kill the community it all happens at, they do a lot of damage.
    xxxxxxx

3. Thankful users:

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    the email used in the who.is infomation is [email protected]

munich.com whois

Attached image

World media group LLC is a domain squatting company which points to the credibility of them being involved with jagex being low

5. Thankful user:

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Still very likely that its Jagex. This employee is on their legal counsel. He has all authority to use his name in the case.

Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    the email used in the who.is infomation is [email protected]

munich.com whois

Attached image

World media group LLC is a domain squatting company which points to the credibility of them being involved with jagex being low
    why would that company seize rune-server though? unless someone has offered a ridiculous amount for a (dying) community i don't see why they would
    xxxxxxx

Respected Member

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    if it was a carried out troll it's of the highest tier, but we've seen tens of big youtubers getting doublestriked in the past weeks and they've been extremely aggressive with it so it would fit in that stance
    and taking down rune-server is hitting us where it hurts believe it or not, as rune-server is the only 'hub' where the more talented people are and the actual advancing goes on. if they kill the community it all happens at, they do a lot of damage.
    this is exactly what they'd be thinking too. Mopar, runelocus and the rest of the tiny little side projects dont even have 30% of the content on r-s, sure most will sod off to those other crummy communities but they're knocking out the leading google go to for rsps, lots of rsps knowledge will be lost if this site was to die.

i've gone through icann policy on domain seizure and by no means is it a quick call, yes someone could fake these documents, however I personally think this is real. If you've hosted rsps before or been around rsps, you'll know Jagex always have this knack of appearing at the end of the year / start of the next year., used to get a DMCA literally every January. The previous tactic of calling owners and contracted failed miserably, most of them all have rsps servers now. you take 1 server down 10 more crop up and thats mainly because of rune-server.

take the head off the snake.

edit:

@munich.com is just a mail hosting service, usually throwaway accounts, I don't know anyone who would use that service for a personal email but hey ho, it has no relevance to the take down.

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    this is exactly what they'd be thinking too. Mopar, runelocus and the rest of the tiny little side projects dont even have 30% of the content on r-s, sure most will sod off to those other crummy communities but they're knocking out the leading google go to for rsps, lots of rsps knowledge will be lost if this site was to die.

i've gone through icann policy on domain seizure and by no means is it a quick call, yes someone could fake these documents, however I personally think this is real. If you've hosted rsps before or been around rsps, you'll know Jagex always have this knack of appearing at the end of the year / start of the next year., used to get a DMCA literally every January. The previous tactic of calling owners and contracted failed miserably, most of them all have rsps servers now. you take 1 server down 10 more crop up and thats mainly because of rune-server.

take the head off the snake.
    But surely jagex know that the community arent just going to dissappear, everyone will just flock to rl or mopar?

why would that company seize rune-server though? unless someone has offered a ridiculous amount for a (dying) community i don't see why they would
    they build advertising sites from active domains, i guess rune-server.org gets enough traffic to be worth their time? Its only a theory however its all very fishy and the evidence against it being jagex makes me really question if it is. This doesn't seem like jagex's method of doing things at all in my opinion.

I just dont understand why they'd register it privately especially with an email that's got those links to it.

Respected Member

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    We're fucked lads.
    Attached image

Spoiler for Spoilers!:
    Attached image
    Attached image
    Attached image
    Attached image

11. Thankful users:

Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    But surely jagex know that the community arent just going to dissappear, everyone will just flock to rl or mopar?
    interestingly enough, i was in need of the old tool 'rsmv' just about an hour ago for a test tool i wrote to see if my model was dumped properly and with rune-server being down i had no way to download it. well, eventually from some shady tutorial forum from 2007... but you get my point
    rune-server has millions of posts and thousands of important resources that all independently contributed to the scene moving forward. comparing that to runelocus, which is nearly 99% filled with people with an iq below the temperature outside atm, i see why they'd want to kill this off..
    xxxxxxx

13. Thankful users:

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Start from the top and work your way down

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information