Thread: Merging RS2 and 503+ section of the private server?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Merging RS2 and 503+ section of the private server? 
    Banned

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Hello,

As we all know there's been a huge decline in the RSPS scene since the launch of Rune-Server. A whole generation of RuneScape players who came and started this RSPS scene have all but moved on, Jagex will do what a company will to market to the next generation and by their own admission expect OSRS to eventually die out. As a server owner still in the running I can definitely say that at the time of writing this thread, Oldschool servers are a lot easier to populate- after all, even those with no money angle in their reasoning to stick around definitely aren't doing it to launch a server with 5 players. RuneScape 3 as a game is changing more and more, the newer players are adapting to the new intricacies and fundamental mechanics of the new game and to someone whose been around RuneScape since 2005- it's definitely lost that simplicity factor so the idea that new generation of players to adapt to 503+ when they come to the RSPS scene is ridiculous. The 503+ scene is already dead as fuck and isn't going to grow anytime soon. Because we are the predominant RuneScape Private Server community and in comparison to the advances in RSPS research pursued by members of other communities I think it's safe to say we as a community were leaps and bounds ahead of the others (I know it's the internet and anyone has access to public information but the members who lead us to where we are were Rune-Server members). With Moparscape adapting to become a private server- not to mention an Oldschool server but only gaining > 100 players "The mother of RuneScape private servers"- my arse :L as well as the fact that prior to 2016 we still had 300 members (mostly guests, sure) and now we average half of that.

Runescape Population Avg by Qtr Year
    ^As you can see, Oldschool hasn't gotten any bigger since 2013 (has some rises but mainly a fat decline since it's release), RuneScape 3 has recovered somewhat since EoC but it's changing as a game entirely.

tl;dr:
    - Rune-Server is the dominant RuneScape private server community and it's on the decline.
    - RuneScape 3 is changing as a game (as well as declining) to the point it's no longer the RuneScape our community is familiar with.
    - Oldschool RS is expected to die by Jagex themselves.
    - 503+ is too small to be given its own section at this point.
    - Moparscape is out of the running as far as a private server community.
    - Creating a structure to prefix the revisions isn't hard at all.
    - 317 RS and 742 RS is the same freaking game (any mechanic 317 doesn't have that 742 does e.g curses, x10 hitsplats and whatnot can be easily changed by the developers). EoC is introduced in 743 and above.

I may or may not have addressed everything there is to it, if there are points to be addressed please do I don't mind quoting interesting and valid points. Again, this is something I want you guys as a community to consider, I'm not saying it's the future or the what we need or should do. It's an option, the communities are dying and if you have any points for or against this please voice your opinions below.

-Vip3r

2. Thankful users:

Banned

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    No thanks, seems silly, people already get confused about what's RS2 and 503+ Adding all the snippets/tuts etc etc together will just make it worse.

4. Thankful users:

Extreme Donator

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    I support this.

Banned

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Affliction View Post
    No thanks, seems silly.
    Thanks 09vet, the fact it "seems silly" changes everything- lets not even consider it >.>

7. Thankful user:

Banned

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    What's wrong with having it separately, though?

9. Thankful users:

Owner of Dawntained

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    The negative side to merging it would be if someone is looking for a specific 503+ download, tutorial, client etc.. they will have a harder time.
    Also the 317 section members only know how to work with 317s, so if a 503 member posts a help thread, the 317 peeps will be like
    Attached image

11. Thankful user:

Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    I support this.

Extreme Donator

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Mgt Madness View Post
    The negative side to merging it would be if someone is looking for a specific 503+ download, tutorial, client etc.. they will have a harder time.
    Also the 317 section members only know how to work with 317s, so if a 503 member posts a help thread, the 317 peeps will be like
    Did not think about that.

14. Thankful user:

Banned

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    There are ways to manage revision variance in one section, the main issue is both are too small and ones practically dead :l

Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    No support for me either. Been brought up multiple times but I think it's fine the way it is.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information