Thread: Merging RS2 and 503+ section of the private server?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Head Veteran and Respected Member

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    No. There's enough activity in each section, and enough demand where we don't need to combine them. It'd be a waste of time and nobody would be able to narrow down what they're looking for.

Programmer, Contributor, RM and Veteran

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvid View Post
    You don't actually give any reasons why merging the two sub sections is beneficial over keeping the sections as they are. Also, unless we get a decent system where users can properly prefix their threads and filtering based upon those prefixes is a breeze, merging the two sections will only cause the structure to get worse.
    Most people already put the revision number in the title of the thread (in both the RS2 and 503+ sections).

From a technical standpoint there are a fair number of similarities between 3xx and 5xx revisions, so the split has always felt rather arbitrary imo, and historically I think it led to a bit of a "them" and "us" attitude which didn't do very much good for advancing the entirety of the RSPS scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Mgt Madness View Post
    The negative side to merging it would be if someone is looking for a specific 503+ download, tutorial, client etc.. they will have a harder time.
    A difficulty which already exists in both the RS2 and 503+ sections as they both cover a wide range of revisions. I don't think merging them would make it significantly more difficult - as stated above, most people already put the revision number in the thread title to help with this.

3. Thankful users:

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    Most people already put the revision number in the title of the thread (in both the RS2 and 503+ sections).
    In the more popular sections (i.e. Help, Requests), people rarely if ever put revision numbers.

I think it led to a bit of a "them" and "us" attitude which didn't do very much good for advancing the entirety of the RSPS scene.
    Interesting standpoint. I still think that even if the sections were never split apart from the get-go there still would be people strongly in favour of RS2 and people strongly in favour of 503+, and there would have been an outcry for separation for years.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    If anything i'd like it more seperated, theres a LOT of information on this forum and twice as much bullshit. It's hard to sift through.

Ex Rune-Scaper

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    First, put a poll on this thread so you can see what the community wants.

Support, why?

Snippets, tutorials, requests, configurations, show-offs: does not have anything to do with what revision you're using, majority of the time it's regarding general programming.

Project, Advertise: All thread titles generally indicate what revision they are using.

Help, download: There are already so many different revisions out there and if you need help with a specific revision you can indicate which revision you need help with. As for downloads, indicating the revision number in the thread title would be appropriate.

This combination will make this new category more active by merging the two communities.
    Attached image

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Free View Post
    First, put a poll on this thread so you can see what the community wants.
    That's not going to influence the administrators' decision in the slightest.. so no, don't waste your time making a poll.

Snippets, tutorials, requests, configurations, show-offs: does not have anything to do with what revision you're using, majority of the time it's regarding general programming.
    Ok, well what if I want snippets for my 317 server and the entire page is filled with the latest 718 snippets? What if I'm looking to dev for someone and all I can see is people requesting 718 devs? What if I want to see what people are creating for 317s and not 718s? I'm going to be sitting there sifting through thread after thread because they aren't organized.

Project, Advertise: All thread titles generally indicate what revision they are using.
    What about the plethora of other sections that rarely if ever contain threads with revisions in their titles? It'd be way too disorganized.

Help, download: There are already so many different revisions out there and if you need help with a specific revision you can indicate which revision you need help with. As for downloads, indicating the revision number in the thread title would be appropriate.
    Do people do that now? No, lol. What makes you think people will start doing it? Your support of this suggestion is based on the theory that people will magically start indicating revision numbers and whatnot. Ain't gonna happen bud.

This combination will make this new category more active by merging the two communities.
    No it won't, it will make it "seem" like it's more active because you've thrown everything in one section. The amount of people that use a merged section would be the same number of people that use the sections now.

Banned

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    I personally like it the way it is simply because I do not use anything from the 503+ section nor have I viewed it many times. So I can not support this.

Banned
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Vip3r View Post
    317 RS and 742 RS is the same freaking game
    Rune-scape is Rune-scape....

800+ RS is the same game as OSRS its still Runescape. I dont see the point.

Developing 317 and 742 is pretty different in terms of references and whats there.

317's are dirty, unorganized and very outdated. A-lot of them don't even have proper caches. (mostly just folders with files, shouldn't even be considered a "cache".)

RSPS it-self is dying as its available to thousands of people to create one. The main communities are garbage, and corrupt. << IF I GET BANNED FROM THAT LOL

RSPS used to be to learn and to have fun, but now people who own them don't even code and are money hungry.
    I would like to see a change and so would many other people.
    I think development communities shouldn't offer a download section to those who haven't given.
    Now there's many leechers and many nubs just looking to make a buck.

Most developers sell their work for crazy amounts of money just to make money.

Since rs3 came out RSPS has declined for sure. The reason is, people who wanted to play the 700-742 revisions again had no drive to learn how to code.
    They either want to make money or play the game themselves because they miss the old revision.

Quote Originally Posted by Mgt Madness View Post
    The negative side to merging it would be if someone is looking for a specific 503+ download, tutorial, client etc.. they will have a harder time.
    Also the 317 section members only know how to work with 317s, so if a 503 member posts a help thread, the 317 peeps will be like
    Nubs need to stop leeching for money.

I personally think the section should be closed to those who have no interest in learning java.

Theres over 1000000000 RSPS's available to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Thakiller View Post
    No. There's enough activity in each section, and enough demand where we don't need to combine them. It'd be a waste of time and nobody would be able to narrow down what they're looking for.
    Most of the activity is from leechers and help threads for those who dont want to use google and search and actually learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Joris View Post
    Nah RS2 and 503+ are 2 different communities. Can't just merge em xD
    Technically 503-742 is rs2 :L

OT: Partially Support, my regard on this is merging should on be for the advertisement section and the project section.
    RS2 is technically 503-742 still, as EOC didnt come out till about 752(correct me if im wrong) EOC isnt even really rs3, the cache format didn't get changed completely until 789.

I really think the tutorial, snippet and download section should be off limits to those who have no interest in java and haven't given to the community at all.

Also I think it should not be allowed to have Help threads on download/snippet/tut threads.

I really think the Section should be more clear, it should be divided into major cache changes, and the difference in code.
    RS2 Server and RS2 Client sections shouldn't exist. It's highly incorrect naming.
    It should be OS-459, 460-788, and 789+

Donator

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Backwoods View Post
    Rune-scape is Rune-scape....

800+ RS is the same game as OSRS its still Runescape. I dont see the point.

Developing 317 and 742 is pretty different in terms of references and whats there.

317's are dirty, unorganized and very outdated. A-lot of them don't even have proper caches. (mostly just folders with files, shouldn't even be considered a "cache".)

RSPS it-self is dying as its available to thousands of people to create one. The main communities are garbage, and corrupt. << IF I GET BANNED FROM THAT LOL

RSPS used to be to learn and to have fun, but now people who own them don't even code and are money hungry.
    I would like to see a change and so would many other people.
    I think development communities shouldn't offer a download section to those who haven't given.
    Now there's many leechers and many nubs just looking to make a buck.

Most developers sell their work for crazy amounts of money just to make money.

Since rs3 came out RSPS has declined for sure. The reason is, people who wanted to play the 700-742 revisions again had no drive to learn how to code.
    They either want to make money or play the game themselves because they miss the old revision.

Nubs need to stop leeching for money.

I personally think the section should be closed to those who have no interest in learning java.

Theres over 1000000000 RSPS's available to play.

Most of the activity is from leechers and help threads for those who dont want to use google and search and actually learn.

Technically 503-742 is rs2 :L

OT: Partially Support, my regard on this is merging should on be for the advertisement section and the project section.
    RS2 is technically 503-742 still, as EOC didnt come out till about 752(correct me if im wrong) EOC isnt even really rs3, the cache format didn't get changed completely until 789.

I really think the tutorial, snippet and download section should be off limits to those who have no interest in java and haven't given to the community at all.

Also I think it should not be allowed to have Help threads on download/snippet/tut threads.

I really think the Section should be more clear, it should be divided into major cache changes, and the difference in code.
    RS2 Server and RS2 Client sections shouldn't exist. It's highly incorrect naming.
    It should be OS-459, 460-788, and 789+

I dont think I can take you seriously. Yes the GAME is rs2 but these sections are 2 different COMMUNITIES. Smh

11. Thankful users:

Banned
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Joris View Post
    I dont think I can take you seriously. Yes the GAME is rs2 but these sections are 2 different COMMUNITIES. Smh
    I'm in all seriousness. It might be 2 diff communities but the game is the same.

I think the naming is more incorrect, thats what i was trying to put out.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information