Thread: Conversations with Mod Ash and Andrew Gower (RuneFest)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    JavaScript Heathen 👹

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnakos View Post
    @Apollo , I am aware its very unused due to the poor knowledge of RUBY here at R-S and thats why people who already into RSPS mostly go for PI or Hyperion? (And that most people are lazy to rework a lot of work from scratch?)
    I used to think that too, but now I think it has more to do with the lack of support from the community. If you look at the outstanding issues, most of which need to be done in Java, we're not far off from a release. Unfortunately, people are too busy or don't care enough so it won't get finished. It's hardly a lack of knowledge, and more a lack of trying. If Snippets and Tutorials were filled with Apollo content, I am confident there would be more people using the base because of the amount of content released for it.

on-topic:
    It's really great getting a peak into what Andrew was thinking during the creation of RuneScript. As for the stigma, I am sure a lot of it comes from their legal department, if they don't protect their work than they'll lose it.
    >> real life is pretty much the same as code. off-by-one, naming, and unterminated recursion

Donator

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    leaving rune-server - admins can't even mind their own business and insist on ham-fisting their own practices onto their users as-if anyone asked their irrelevant, presumptuous opinions
    then they mute when their repeated spamming of irrelevant responses, that are specifically not wanted, is called stupid
    Last edited by Arbalist; 02-12-2021 at 11:43 PM.

Registered Member

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by frostbit3 View Post
    I used to think that too, but now I think it has more to do with the lack of support from the community. If you look at the outstanding issues, most of which need to be done in Java, we're not far off from a release. Unfortunately, people are too busy or don't care enough so it won't get finished. It's hardly a lack of knowledge, and more a lack of trying. If Snippets and Tutorials were filled with Apollo content, I am confident there would be more people using the base because of the amount of content released for it.

on-topic:
    It's really great getting a peak into what Andrew was thinking during the creation of RuneScript. As for the stigma, I am sure a lot of it comes from their legal department, if they don't protect their work than they'll lose it.
    I'm not sure what your talking about the only actual difficult issue in this list is combat, which major wants written in ruby. Which is difficult enough I guess.
    Hyperion V2 Martin's Updates.

Scar says:
    i hate it when it hits your face

Banned

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Thanks for the share

love

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Feel like this deserves a bump, i just read it and was a great read.
    Attached image

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information