Thread: Where are the Zombie servers?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Where are the Zombie servers? 
    Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    I've been searching the forum around for quite a few days and the game mode of zombie survival is extinct! What happened? These were rare to find and the excitement was fun since most of these were unique. Each server had minor differences and kept it fun. However, the downsides were people overlooked these servers which would lead to a low player base which gets boring walking around finding no players to kill or hunt etc. The servers that are run now like it was stated in another thread is a business. It'd be pretty cool to see one up in a high revision, there is one in works in the RS2 revision!

This is just like a heads up for developers that wanna make something cool and fun.

Banned

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    They all died down, survival servers don't seem to last; Players get bored of killing zombies I guess.

3. Thankful user:

Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by kyoto View Post
    They all died down, survival servers don't seem to last; Players get bored of killing zombies I guess.
    I mean, they wouldn't they down fast IF they were released at a stable version where it's not TOO buggy. I believe that if it's worked on in the projects and the small written features are down then released for beta testing for a few days just for a tease. I definitely think players will come back. I honestly do think, it's the player base that comes with it and the difficulty the server challenges one.

Sin City RSPS - Owner

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Runify is currently for sale for $20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Attached image

Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by ConJa View Post
    Runify is currently for sale for $20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's literally a PvP server that tried to implement zombie content.

Soon to be a Blaziken

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Make your own... it's not a very difficult concept someone could make something very cool out of it if they put the time in.

pride, love, happiness
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    What would bring you to a zombie server? Active player base? Or based around sole-survival that didn't require a high amount of players to succeed. Mixture of both?

What if we introduced player-bots that hunted you down and built their stats/wealth? Created a system like DMM's where you can loot the bank. Create a market system (grand exchange?) that was exclusively player-to-player? What if when a player-bot died, their wealth was dumped into the grand exchange? Hmm.. possibilities. The resources are there to do it, it's asking if any of us have the drive to do it. Need to know if there's a demand for it or not

Share i Tb'd

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by chaflie View Post
    What would bring you to a zombie server? Active player base? Or based around sole-survival that didn't require a high amount of players to succeed. Mixture of both?

What if we introduced player-bots that hunted you down and built their stats/wealth? Created a system like DMM's where you can loot the bank. Create a market system (grand exchange?) that was exclusively player-to-player? What if when a player-bot died, their wealth was dumped into the grand exchange? Hmm.. possibilities. The resources are there to do it, it's asking if any of us have the drive to do it. Need to know if there's a demand for it or not
    when you do that pm me.

Success is the worst teacher

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    I found that the problem lied in maintaining the server, It's all well and good running the server and players enjoying it but creating no revenue makes it extremely hard to pay for the expenses. It's hard to monetise the server whilst keeping it balanced for other players to enjoy. I personally loved creating a zombie server it was a great learning curve. The most important factor though is to introduce new content, not the generic runescape content.

Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa Hat View Post
    I found that the problem lied in maintaining the server, It's all well and good running the server and players enjoying it but creating no revenue makes it extremely hard to pay for the expenses. It's hard to monetise the server whilst keeping it balanced for other players to enjoy. I personally loved creating a zombie server it was a great learning curve. The most important factor though is to introduce new content, not the generic runescape content.
    Just curious what kind of expenses you mean?

VPS hosting with Google trial means you can have unlimited powerful VPS access.
    Domain costs about £8 for 2 years.
    Webhosting is probably the most costly but still insignificant.

Surely if you aren't just paying people to do inidividual jobs for you and you know what you're doing, the running costs should be very low. Or is there something i'm missing?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information