Thread: How Accurate is SitePrice?

1. #1 How Accurate is SitePrice? 
    Hello World
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    If this is in the wrong section I'm sorry i just figured this was the most reasonable section to post it since it deals with websites, i was considering General Discussion as a 2nd option.

Was just wanting to know how accurate is SitePrice? I'm asking because i thought i would just value my website using that site and it says:

estimated website price is - $ 809.

Now i do have over 100,000 hits and a few thousand Unique users also ranked #1 on Google and Bing searches I honestly have no idea how this came to be as i like only Advert. the site back in January for two days and its grown this far but i don't use the website anymore considering shutting it down. But back on topic just wanting to know how accurate the site is or if there is somewhere that is more accurate than the site i named.
    This is my Signature

Registered Member

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Well, mind linking your site? If its a RSPS site I doubt you'll get any more than $30 simply for the fact that RSPS community is so fucked in the head and low ballers, like I normally get around $150+ for a business card and there were some RSPS users asking me for a similar project/complexity time wise for fucking $15 like yeah.

puts "Hi "+name+
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Quacked View Post
    Well, mind linking your site? If its a RSPS site I doubt you'll get any more than $30 simply for the fact that RSPS community is so fucked in the head and low ballers, like I normally get around $150+ for a business card and there were some RSPS users asking me for a similar project/complexity time wise for fucking $15 like yeah.
    In RSPS no-one really values the potential of good work. For what I used to do regarding RSPS websites when I was younger I'd take around £1500 ($2150~) for nowadays. I've not really changed much, I've just realised the value of my work and understand how valuable a good, reliable, knowledgeable website developer is.

There are very few good website developers around in RSPS, and even less who take solid care on the security side of their scripts. People just stick together an hour or so of work in photoshop, add in a few hours of making the site function on the front end and then they sell it on for $50 and people think that's quality work when actually it's nowhere near it.

It's quite embarrassing really.

@OP, your domain isn't worth that. It all depends on if it's a TLD etc, there's far more factors than just traffic that come into it. Traffic can be generated. 100s of hits on http://11325324242342PK.net.org.uk isn't worth much but http://help.me with no traffic would be worth fortunes. There's far more factors that need to be taken into account.
    Professional website developer
    Almost a decade experience
    Bespoke website templates
    CMS & forum themes
    Future proof & secure scripts
    We should chat...

4. Thankful user:

Hello World
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Quacked View Post
    I don't feel like posting the website for various reasons it does not deal with RSPS or Runescape in anyway this was solely a "hey i have an idea for this, in the moment" kind of deal and it kinda took off 100 members the first week or two, 688 indexes on Google , uhm pricechecker or whatever is saying if i use ad sense i could make $18.00 a year in revenue which i doubt could be higher or lower depending how i monetize and if i feel like actually advertising the website. I will say this, it deals with a mobile game their FB has around 6,000 likes they literally do not advertise their game very much they only run FB page nothing else. I gave them a few pointers and they have actually taken some of my suggestions and paid me with in-game currency which i was fine with. I currently use Trenta for webhosting since its really cheap i pay like $30 a year for hosting and domain however my paypal needs fixed waiting for paypa to unlimit my account, so i might have to switch hosts to a free one or something because i don't trust Trenta with my CC details lol i don't care what platform they use.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby View Post
    In RSPS no-one really values the potential of good work. For what I used to do regarding RSPS websites when I was younger I'd take around £1500 ($2150~) for nowadays. I've not really changed much, I've just realised the value of my work and understand how valuable a good, reliable, knowledgeable website developer is.

There are very few good website developers around in RSPS, and even less who take solid care on the security side of their scripts. People just stick together an hour or so of work in photoshop, add in a few hours of making the site function on the front end and then they sell it on for $50 and people think that's quality work when actually it's nowhere near it.

It's quite embarrassing really.

@OP, your domain isn't worth that. It all depends on if it's a TLD etc, there's far more factors than just traffic that come into it. Traffic can be generated. 100s of hits on http://11325324242342PK.net.org.uk isn't worth much but http://help.me with no traffic would be worth fortunes. There's far more factors that need to be taken into account.
    okay but what about a growing active user base? and i figured the site wasn't that accurate. and like i mentioned my website has nothing to do rsps / runescape related its more for a Mobile game nonetheless i talk about it more in another reply to the user you quoted.
    This is my Signature

Thread Information