Thread: Market Ban Rank(Discussion)

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Market Ban Rank(Discussion) 
    Ex Administrator
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    I've decided to make this thread since a fair number of users have been added to this usergroup. I thought I'd use this thread to discuss the intentions of the rank and how it will effect all the users placed within it, and how it feels to exist on the site for both members outside of it as well as in it. One thing to note, currently the rank does suspend all privileges from your other ranks. This is an unintended side effect due to how VB functions(Yes>No). This does effect all ranks, from Veteran to Extreme Donator. While this isn't intended, it is being determined on what we can do to not have this side effect in place.

The intent of the usergroup is to show all users that your actions in the past or present have deemed you to require a bit more caution. The users in this group know what they've done, and we've allowed them to return to r-s under specific conditions. While this is currently being added on, all past and future users who have a history of scamming will remain in this rank. We want to protect our users the best we can, and the intent of the Black Market section was to create a community hub where trading can be done with high risk involved and little moderation, but we do need to moderate to an extent. Going forward, this ranks gives us more reason to allow scams to be appealed and to give users a second chance. While it does require a return of the items, that doesn't mean you gain 100% trust and nothing was done wrong, and this is to show just that.

It is currently being discussed if we will allow an appeal for this rank placement, but there are some issues. Do we want to allow three chances for someone who scammed one of our members? Does after so long, the person deserve a third chance if their behavior has been exemplary.

I do want to hear more feedback from all members, and yes there will be a bias from both the users in this rank and almost everyone commenting, I hope it can be understood why these steps are being taken and that we can maintain a safe community for our members, by not only ensuring a safe environment, but making sure they have all the information of fellow users they are dealing with. We also wish to be fair, and do understand people make mistakes and they deserve a fair chance to make up for their past deads, especially when our average age group is ~17.

R-S Mod Response  Thakiller

Please note that the intention of this update and any future updates regarding this matter is not to turn Rune-Server into a marketing website. The staff team, and ultimately the administration has agreed NOT to pursue totally revamping the black market section in order to remove any kind of potential scamming. Any sort of additional reputation, statistics, ratings, reviews, and similar systems will most likely NOT be added to the Black Market. This system and any tweaks to the system are designed to cut down on as many problems as possible, that we feel can be controlled without too much involvement - it is NOT a solution to the problem.
    Last edited by Thakiller; 03-16-2016 at 12:44 AM.

HEAD GFX DESIGNER

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    cool thanks finally
    Attached image

xd

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    nah just find a work around for the usergroup issue and if u scam u get this rank its whatever some people will still scam others just gotta live with what we did like on some scarlet letter type shit u feel me

4. Thankful user:

Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    I think adding this rank was a good idea, however of course not everyone would agree for their own reason, I do understand that people have scammed in the past and some change and tend not to do it anymore however I personally find that the Majority do continue and it's just a bad affect on this community, as you giving users multiple reports/scams before getting the rank is again risky as it causes more than one of the scam.

The way that I see it is, you were on the Known Scammers List before, so it's just that users are more aware of it. I see it as being the same thing just more aware, so if you did not have an issue with being in the list, this should not really have an affect that you have the rank. It's that users fault for using the members of this community and this community falsely

6. Thankful users:

SOLUTIONS118 FOREVER

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Nice! Good job on this

There is no substitute for hard work. - Thomas A. Edison

Attached image

Vouches : 160

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Yes thank you!

9. Thankful user:

Rune-Server Affiliate
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    I'm confused about this rank, I guess it's here because people that scam find a way to come back one way or another? I honestly think now there's very little incentive not to scam users, as you keep all your post count, reputation, and money. Is this rank only for minor offenses or can someone that scammed $100-$500 from a member get away with just getting a stamp/logo on there account? Or is this more for people with a reputation that can't be banned due to little or no proof.

Developer

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    I myself did a programming service for someone which of the buyer had access to progress (what was done already) to at any time. When I was almost done, the buyer cancelled the service and probably run away with the progress. I decided to not return the money that was paid to me because I felt scammed myself. This happened in 2014, I was 15 back at the time. I don't understand why I have to have a permanent market restriction and recognition for something like this. I refunded the money months before I appealed after a year ban.

I made this thread complaining about the tag under your usertitle. After certain users (e.g. Thakiller) brought up some good points I realized that the problem lies in the permanent market ban rather than the market ban tag. I've appealed before to get my market ban removed but this was without any success. I think it would be a good thing to allow market ban appeals.
    Last edited by Thakiller; 03-14-2016 at 12:32 AM. Reason: the problem lies, not relies :$

12. Thankful users:

Head Veteran and Respected Member

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    My idea regarding the market ban appeals is this:
    You may appeal your market ban rank, but you will still remain on the known scammers list with an indication that you are no longer market banned.

I'm very interested in hearing the community's opinion on this. While I do think it's a balanced idea, there are some pros and cons.

Pros:
    • Users are given another chance to buy, sell, trade, provide services, and so on to members of the community.
    • Users aren't bound to being permanently market banned as well as having the "shame" of the market ban tag.
    • Users are kept on the known scammers list, therefore emphasizing even further that trades are done at one's own risk in the Black Market.
    • Users are able to be forgiven of their mistakes that they might have made many years prior.

Cons:
    • It's very difficult to set requirements for who can appeal, how they can appeal, when they can appeal, and so on.
    • We allow somebody who we have confirmed is not able to be trusted back into the market section, where a lot of trust is needed.

Member Market Ban Rank(Discussion) Market Banned

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    how about we do this

1. remove the market section

2. remove the scam report section

3. remove this rank

15. Thankful users:

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information