Thread: Need Advice On OS Choice

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Development Services √

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Depending on what you like/prefer out of them both, i'd pick Windows for multiple reasons tbf. You can program on it just as good as Macbook' and also you can watch films just as good too if you get a good enough graphics card. You just need to be wise and build the pc and not buy a built up one. Macbooks are a good running pc for developing/programming/films/editing etc but they aren't so great for gaming. Where as Windows, you'll have a better gaming experience if you do decide to game for abit.

Attached image

Attached image

Donator

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Retṛ View Post
    Depending on what you like/prefer out of them both, i'd pick Windows for multiple reasons tbf. You can program on it just as good as Macbook' and also you can watch films just as good too if you get a good enough graphics card. You just need to be wise and build the pc and not buy a built up one. Macbooks are a good running pc for developing/programming/films/editing etc but they aren't so great for gaming. Where as Windows, you'll have a better gaming experience if you do decide to game for abit.
    I have a gaming desktop for gaming, I specifically said in the thread that its mainly for on the go use or just watching movies and what not.

Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    This might not be exactly on topic but are you at all interested in mobile development? If you feel that then the MBP may be the way to go for IOS development. Since you already have a windows PC I see no harm in going with MBP, it's a nice laptop and since you're not going to be gaming on it I see no downside as long as you can get a used one in good condition in your budget.

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Retṛ View Post
    Windows has better hardware for the price, ability to run .exe's and much cheaper. Mac's cant run .exe's, cost 200% more, generally have worst hardware for the price and give roughly the same experience.
    is this even a debate anymore?

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    I've been in your shoes bud. I'm a windows guy, the operating system is amazing. I can't fuck with mac books. Apples laptops are for people that do not develop shit, just use it.. coming from experience.

Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Hardware does't matter, common guys... Like seriously I can buy a mac book and run windows on if I wanted, same goes with running mac os x on something windows normally comes on, like a dell laptop.

Anyways, I prefer windows because I game on my PC and pretty much every game runs on windows, can't say the same for other os's such as mac os, linux, etc... So if you're wanting to game, get windows, if you want a free os go for mac os or linux

Edit: With your budget it'll be super hard to find a decent macbook, so go with a windows based laptop, much cheaper. Also, if you want mac os x, you can always uninstall windows and install it, because with macbooks you're really just paying for the brand, like all other apple products

Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    Hardware does't matter, common guys... Like seriously I can buy a mac book and run windows on if I wanted, same goes with running mac os x on something windows normally comes on, like a dell laptop.

Anyways, I prefer windows because I game on my PC and pretty much every game runs on windows, can't say the same for other os's such as mac os, linux, etc... So if you're wanting to game, get windows, if you want a free os go for mac os or linux

Edit: With your budget it'll be super hard to find a decent macbook, so go with a windows based laptop, much cheaper. Also, if you want mac os x, you can always uninstall windows and install it, because with macbooks you're really just paying for the brand, like all other apple products
    No, while running Windows on a Mac might be easy, the other way around is a huuuuuuuge pain to do (I speak from experience - that shit's fucked). And don't forget that Mac Os isn't free.
    xxxxxxx

Donator
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
    No, while running Windows on a Mac might be easy, the other way around is a huuuuuuuge pain to do (I speak from experience - that shit's fucked). And don't forget that Mac Os isn't free.
    It's not too bad with parallels, as long as you have a mac with reasonable specs

Dank memes are making the world turn
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Inception-Rsps View Post
    It's not too bad with parallels, as long as you have a mac with reasonable specs
    That's the problem right there, while Linux and Windows are coded in a way that they run on almost every hardware in existence Apple has the "liberty" to specifically tune their software to the hardware they distribute.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information