Thread: ScapeRune #462 - Bringing back what you loved, piece by piece!

Page 2 of 241 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Looking forward to seeing more media on this.
    Attached image

Always Hiring Workers

Only Discord = Act#8888 || Unique ID: 685662432131285002

hi

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Huey View Post
    I'm not trying to hate on your project at all.... But I must say..

You do realize RuneScape 2007 Server - Play Old School RS exists right? It offers everything you've listed above, but with a larger player base. The only thing you could offer is literally F2P & faster experience rates.

Now before you say Oldschool RS is not true old school because of the new items they've added into the game & bosses. Here's why they've did that. Players get bored easily. The game offers a small amount of content.
    When you're nearly maxed out the game is no longer fun because there's literally nothing left for you to do besides grind skills.

So you're replicating a game that's already out with a huge player base.... Why?
    I know you've tried to complete this project countless times. But honestly man.. Just stop. Your best shot is going at a 500+ revision server and remaking something from that era.

Mige5 has a 2006 server that's replicating RuneScape & has a very very small player base due to OSRS. That should tell you something.

But anyways good luck.
    Oldschool Runescape existing really doesn't mean anything. The main reason for why people play private servers is for faster progression than the main game.

There were private servers back in real 2007 but people still played them over the main game. Although I agree with the fact that it being a remake it wouldn't get very far considering that oldschool runescape exists. The main reason for the spark of 2006 remake or any type of remake server in general was because there was no other option but to be forced to play EOC. Starting one now is just pointless imo.

Anyways good luck.

3. Thankful users:

Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Huey View Post
    I'm not trying to hate on your project at all.... But I must say..

You do realize RuneScape 2007 Server - Play Old School RS exists right? It offers everything you've listed above, but with a larger player base. The only thing you could offer is literally F2P & faster experience rates.

Now before you say Oldschool RS is not true old school because of the new items they've added into the game & bosses. Here's why they've did that. Players get bored easily. The game offers a small amount of content.
    When you're nearly maxed out the game is no longer fun because there's literally nothing left for you to do besides grind skills.

So you're replicating a game that's already out with a huge player base.... Why?
    I know you've tried to complete this project countless times. But honestly man.. Just stop. Your best shot is going at a 500+ revision server and remaking something from that era.

Mige5 has a 2006 server that's replicating RuneScape & has a very very small player base due to OSRS. That should tell you something.

But anyways good luck.
    I do realize that RuneScape offers these "Old school" servers, I played on them myself for about a year 1/2 before it stopped feeling like "Old school", at least in my opinion. In fact, I quit working on the last OSRemake because of Jagex putting these 2007 servers back out, and I am heartbroken to watch them turn into what they have turned into today. I also agree with you that Jagex adds this newer content because like you said, "players get bored easily". However, I believe there is a portion of the players who, just like me, have quit Jagex's 2007 servers because this new content has gotten out of hand and goes against the point of even reviving old school in the first place. Also, I don't think it is fair to compare a 2006 server to a 2007 one, as RuneScape gained HUGE amounts of popular content in that span of a year such as Construction, Warriors Guild, Barbarian Assault, etc. These 2006 remakes are also very common after the leak of 2006scape, and I feel like that has caused quite a buzz kill for that era which would explain Mige5's smaller player base. I do believe it would be pointless and a waste of time for me to make a remake of the current OSRS revision, but I don't see anything wrong with one of a #462 as it is a totally different game. The way OSRS is looking these days, a 500+ would be more similar than a 400s would anyways as far as game play goes. I do these projects for a challenge, educational purposes, and to bring hope to whats left of the true RuneScape veterans. Was honestly expecting a more positive post coming from you, but thanks for the good luck.

5. Thankful users:

Officially Retired

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Valiant View Post
    Oldschool Runescape existing really doesn't mean anything. The main reason for why people play private servers is for faster progression than the main game.
    Did you really just ignore everything I said? I said the only thing he could offer is Free to play or Faster rates
    There were private servers back in real 2007 but people still played them over the main game.
    Because private servers were still relatively new. Take a look back at history & look at the current state of RSPS's. What has changed in the past 4 years lol?

Although I agree with the fact that it being a remake it wouldn't get very far considering that oldschool runescape exists. The main reason for the spark of 2006 remake or any type of remake server in general was because there was no other option but to be forced to play EOC. Starting one now is just pointless imo.
    Anyways good luck.
    Which is why I stated if he wanted to remake anything his best option is a 500+ server. At least it would offer newer content and HD. Something OSRS doesn't have at the moment. But hey, it's his choice.

Quote Originally Posted by thing1 View Post
    I do realize that RuneScape offers these "Old school" servers, I played on them myself for about a year 1/2 before it stopped feeling like "Old school", at least in my opinion. In fact, I quit working on the last OSRemake because of Jagex putting these 2007 servers back out, and I am heartbroken to watch them turn into what they have turned into today. I also agree with you that Jagex adds this newer content because like you said, "players get bored easily". However, I believe there is a portion of the players who, just like me, have quit Jagex's 2007 servers because this new content
    They're a business, they don't care if older players quit. It's all about bringing in newer player. Players quit everyday, and players join every day. That's how it operates....
    I don't think it is fair to compare a 2006 server to a 2007 one, as RuneScape gained HUGE amounts of popular content in that span of a year such as Construction, Warriors Guild, Barbarian Assault, etc. These 2006 remakes are also very common after the leak of 2006scape, and I feel like that has caused quite a buzz kill for that era which would explain Mige5's smaller player base. I do these projects for a challenge, educational purposes, and to bring hope to whats left of the true RuneScape veterans.
    A 2006 server & a 2007 server would literally gain about the same amount of players nowadays. Unless you're an amazing advertiser that has enough funds to put your advertisement everywhere just like Ikov does.
    That would literally be your only hope to be successful. If this server would've been developed let's say 3 years ago. You would get tons and tons of hype no doubt about it.
    Was honestly expecting a more positive post coming from you, but thanks for the good luck.
    Just being honest.
    Attached image
    Listen children don't become this guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Owner Spikey View Post
    Why can I attack lower level npc's in a matter of a mouse hover but for a higher level npc the only choice to attack is by right clicking option attack?

7. Thankful user:

WEEEEEWOOOOWEEEEEWOOOOWEEEEWOOOO-----[[#]]---[[8]]--[[8]]------[[8]]----[[8]]------[[8]]
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Good luck with this project man, love this revision.
    Attached image
    Spoiler for Come under my wing:

Spoiler for sb lol!:
    Attached image
    Attached image
    Attached image
    Attached image
    Attached image

Oldschool Runescape progress thread is here!

Banned

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Good luck son, if you do this properly, you'll do great.

Banned

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Good luck, true oldschool

Myre

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Good luck, but as others are saying don't go true oldschool. Add twists of your own and make it a private server, not a remake. That will get you the players, remakes are out done and are soon out the door. Once again best of luck and will check up occasionally on this.

Banned

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Glad to see you back Thing Best of luck

Community Veteran

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Perhaps I should reword that at the top, tried to make it as simple as I could for people to comprehend. As far as maps go I've got it under control, all #465 xtea keys have been collected . Thanks for the support!
    Oh no I get what you're saying, I was just saying it's a common misconception that the filestore is meant for a specific client revision, such as referring to the '377 cache' as what is common with the 317 clients etc. Didn't know if you knew or not but you probably do.

you use to do 2005 remakes right? I think I remember you getting far with those, so really good luck with this and have fun. I never played Runescape in 2007 but from the pictures you have displayed it looks like it's before things started getting out of hand.

Page 2 of 241 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread Information