Thread: Making a more popular server.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Registered Member

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by linas View Post
    And be bored trying to get them when they can just get cash from killing other npcs and have a motivator at first then later they can try getting harder items. Because a dds in shops is shit. And making an npc drop these items would be too hard and boring unless it drops like 1/4.
    Did you ever play Runescape before? The way you talk about getting hard items, Runescape its like 1/50 for bandos items from Godwars dungeon, and you think it should be 1/4 to even be worth putting in as a loot? then everyone would have max cash after 1 day lol.
    Avalon Developer

Registered Member

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleem View Post
    What's so stupid about that? There are no rules on a RSPS, and putting Claws/Godswords in the shops isn't harming the economy, as long as you put a decent price on it.
    What he means is, if those weapons were in shops there would be unlimited items of that type and then everyone would just buy it from the shop instead of interacting with the players.
    Avalon Developer

Registered Member

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by chaoticblitz View Post
    What he means is, if those weapons were in shops there would be unlimited items of that type and then everyone would just buy it from the shop instead of interacting with the players.
    He stated nothing to do with unlimited stock - so no, he didn't mean that
    Attached image

Onyxia

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by linas View Post
    Hi!

I just wanted to make a thread to tell people about my ideas and what, in my opinion, makes a server enjoyable.

The reason why i'm making this is because i see too many server with leeched stuff and making the owner of the server think that its good.

I'm going to start off from easy(leeched), medium and hard made servers.

EASY:

An easily made server is a leeched one. Basic examples are - insidia, trisidia and such.

How to build a pretty good eco for such a server:

Start off with adding items like claws, godsword, god armour and such to shops. If you don't add customs to your server the eco will be automatically ruined, since there will be no harder items to achieve.

Configuring xp rates, drop rates and monster hp, attack, defence:

Xp rates:
    The best xp for a just started server should-would be around 2-5k and skills like 100x from their original multipliers.. Higher will make training anoyying.

Drop rates:
    1/25 for harder monsters. Like bosses and monsters(read next) that have higher hp/def/atk.

Monsters:
    A common thing in a leeched server is penguins. I don't suggest using this type of npc since it's overused. Be more creative if you have an imagination, or atleast add the penguins in different locations, let them have movement, don't put them all in one spot, lined up.

HP, ATK, DEF - monsters that would be for new players should have lower off these, except hp, make it around 500.

Note: this doesn't just apply for a leeched server, it does for all, but like 1/10 off the things i wrote.

MEDIUM:

A medium server is usually a Pk'ing server.

Why? Because it must be done with everything overlooked especially combat.
    I suggest adding bosses and monsters because if a person is bad at pking, bored or lonely(apply's for new servers mostly) he can go pvming and such.

Theres not much to say about these servers, just this: do not add dicing, even as a donator thing, it ruins economy and disabled the term - 'a pking server'.

Another example would be - an economy server with some interesting features added.
    Like minigames, better slayer systems, more interfaces with their uses fixed, more monster fighting locations, more money making locations for multiple levels. The key is not to make the server too easy, descent xp rates 800-1,5k per hit, descent drop rates(not too hard not too easy), and normal non-overpowered monsters. Unless they drop valuable loot.

HARD:

These server are ussually unique.
    Example #1 - a survival server, either zombie or something apocalyptic. A perfect example is either ScapeZ or RuneZ.

Example #2 - an economy server that has been fixed up really hard. All runescape monsters added, perfect GE, atleast all known bugs fixed, most of all items having a valuable, custom teleports removed, original teleports added, all spellbooks working perfectly, adding more places to walk/run to in the world, adding the original dungeon caves/ladders and such, all skills done, most minigames added(but probably not castle wars. Why? Because the minigame is overused, boring and you automatically making such a server would not want valuables added to the shops). + read note above.

Almost all of this is needed, because it will make a better feel about you server, more activities to do.

I'm going to update this post as soon as i find typos and such. Ima add more ideas.
    Remember, this is made not for my personal gain, well kind of. I just want to see more better servers. Because more than half of them are leeched or just done unprofessionally. Thank you. And please respond :>

P.S. before you hate, think about it. Generally a new server would need good items so that some players could start killing bosses or harder npc's more efficiently. This is just for 'easy' tho.
    Fantastic! thanks ;D

Check out my 667/718 Interfaces services, I have more than 25 vouches and will be happy to help you out for affordable prices
    Attached image

Let the games begin!

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Almost all rsps starts with a good starter

Deathlypvpz Founder

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    THIS WAS A GREAT READ, THX 4 THA ADVICE.

Potential other tutorials you could make:
    How 2 recolor item
    How 2 host server
    How 2 become popular at school
    How 2 grow your private server 6 inches over night.

For real, You need to contact 'How to guide for dummies', You'd probably make a lot of money bruh,
    DOPE GUIDE

7. Thankful user:

love

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by hack3r View Post
    THIS WAS A GREAT READ, THX 4 THA ADVICE.

Potential other tutorials you could make:
    How 2 recolor item
    How 2 host server
    How 2 become popular at school
    How 2 grow your private server 6 inches over night.

For real, You need to contact 'How to guide for dummies', You'd probably make a lot of money bruh,
    DOPE GUIDE
    lol'd.
    Attached image

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information