Thread: When i animate dragon defender with DatMaker it corurpts

1. #1 When i animate dragon defender with DatMaker it corurpts 
    Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    I tried to animate my dragon defender ripped from 637 model dump, i chose "left hand" and saved it, whenever i try to use that model my character turns invisible, and if i try to open that animated model with DatMaker, DatMaker crashes. Does anyone know how to either animate it properly, where to get a program that i can easily animate 637 items, or perhaps a download link for an animated dragon defender? I also tried to do this with a flameburst defender ripped from a random 317 cache, same thing happened.

(at the moment when i do any animation it just floats there and doesnt move with my character)

Registered Member

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    If you're using a Delta server, 637 items won't work with it unless you create the dragon defender from scratch, but if it's PI then you probably need to load 602+ items for it to show up mainly because it just isn't compatible with a lower revision.
    sweet

Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Alien View Post
    If you're using a Delta server, 637 items won't work with it unless you create the dragon defender from scratch, but if it's PI then you probably need to load 602+ items for it to show up mainly because it just isn't compatible with a lower revision.
    I'm using PI, 317 characters/gfx/anims, 634 model header and other items like comp cape, tokhaar-kal, pretty much everything but shields work properly.

Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    bump

Registered Member

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    If you're using just regular 317 characters/gfxs and anims you need to update all of that to 600+, the 634 models will not work with 317 chars and anims because it's just not what they use and the character models are to small to fit with the new items and armor/capes ect.
    sweet

Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    If you're using just regular 317 characters/gfxs and anims you need to update all of that to 600+, the 634 models will not work with 317 chars and anims because it's just not what they use and the character models are to small to fit with the new items and armor/capes ect.

with 317 chars and anims + 634 model header i can use ALL capes, hats, amulets, rings etc with no problems, so i'm pretty sure that it's posisble to somehow animate the shields (I made this thread for dragon defender but i actually need more like farseer kite eagle eye kite chaotic kite void deflector etc)

I'm not updating the character graphics or anims to anything over 503 for various reasons, and i have other shields like dragon kiteshield and spirit shields that are newer than 474 and works fine in my PI. I'm pretty sure someone has uploaded an animated dragon defender somewhere, and i'm also pretty sure that there is a way to animate 634 shields to work with 317 characters.

If it's impossible to animate 634 models from cache into 317, i'll just have to wait for someone to make a 317 dragon defender that's animated.

Registered Member

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    The dragon kiteshield isn't an actual item, it's custom, so it doesn't require a revision, and spirit shields are definitely easy to re-do to work with 317+ so they're not the real versions either, you honestly just need 600+ animations ect to get these to work, trust me I know what I'm talking about.
    sweet

Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    The dragon kiteshield isn't an actual item, it's custom, so it doesn't require a revision, and spirit shields are definitely easy to re-do to work with 317+ so they're not the real versions either, you honestly just need 600+ animations ect to get these to work, trust me I know what I'm talking about.
    Has anyone released a custom 317 dragon defender? i've seen them in quite a few servers like Soul Split, and once again if changing character models or anims is the problem and there is NO way to make it for 317 characters i'm not going to update my characters/anims and i guess i'll just do a rune defender recolour.

Registered Member

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    You can search for it on Google, but SoulSplit has 602+ stuff the last I knew. And if you really don't want to update the characters and stuff, I'd just recolor a defender.
    sweet

Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    You can search for it on Google, but SoulSplit has 602+ stuff the last I knew. And if you really don't want to update the characters and stuff, I'd just recolor a defender.
    I already searched on google, all i found were dumped from 637 or newer cache, and soul split has an option where you can choose between 317 and 602 characters.
    I guess i'll just recolour it then :/

Thread Information