Thread: Fist of Guthix guide

1. #1 Fist of Guthix guide 
    Why you reading this?

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    I have included a video of how my character fights in f2p. Do note this is only for f2p as I never actually played in p2p fist of guthix xD Do also note I was like 80 combat then

This guide is fairly out of date but if somebody wishes they can help tell me what to update. ( I don't really play Fist of Guthix much anymore)

^ video of my main "Luvandpower" playing f2p As you can see you should not take rune armor if you can help it. Take a rune full helm if you want but it really isn't suggested nor is it helpful.

-rune dagger
    -rune 2h
    -addy arrows
    -maple bow
    -dragon hide
    -higher the prayer level the better!

NOW

on to the real f2p guide lol. Get ready for a wall of text.

Do note: I am luvandpower of TipIt

Fist of Guthix Guide- For All Tips and Tricks.

Created By: Luvandpower
    Trick Created By :by those below lol
    Trick/Tip Created By ; Agnt 999/Cabalas Mage/Its a Pwner, Darthstar90, Sco 99 Range, Luvandpower

__________________________________________________ ___________________

Okay for all out there who wanted some various tricks and strategies used at the Fist of Guthix here is a guide just for you.

Table of Content:

1) Tips
    2) Tricks /Strategies
    3) Special Thanks

__________________________________________________ _______________

1) Tips

I know there are a lot of guides to " becoming the great fog player". But, I won't lie to you it isn't easy, and without a very fast/high graphic computer it will be even harder to accomplish. But, here are the steps:

1. Get a mental picture of the Fist of GUthix Map iin your head. This is because if you know where to look, and when to look you can't lose right?

2. Know thine enemy. I don't know if it is a proverb or not, and don't really care, but it is true here. Instead of being another noob on the block who talks while waiting for a game to appear. Try to see who is wearing what, who is trying to trick who. Also look to see who you have seen play more than once. These are generally your hardest opponets, and will destroy you if you are not ready for them. Having items for all 3 forms of combat helps also. ( I am not member never used summon so have no idea how that works with fog)

3. I call this step "pet the bunny": the reason I call it this is that you have to become one with fog. Knowing exactly where you are ( steps 1-2) and knowing who you are fighting helps. Now either talk a bunch of trash, or be really annoying, so that way people will either a ) be annoyed with you cool.gif want to kill you. Now you have set up your challenge-)

4. Playing with the big boys: Many people say that doing the house trick, or the rock trick is noobish, and will just make you lose in the end. This is NOT true totally. Rocking is one of the best ways to fight. However, if it is a noob your fighting why bother right? If it is a fog pro( standard for this was set by the one and only true Mcnublet, who says you are clearly a pro at 10k rating or more) which you can then be warned, that they have played ALOT and know most of teh strategies by now. These are the one's who will beat you every time if you are not careful.

5. Play the game: Now just have fun, it is a GAME, not a bloody competition.

End of Tip Section Notes : If anyone can make pictures for any of these, feel free to send me the IMG or add it in here if you can.

__________________________________________________ _____________

2) Tricks/Strategies

Custom Made Tricks/Strategies

A lot of Fist of Guthix professionals will use a lot of tricks and strategies that got them where they are not, which will enhance their endurance in the game. Being friends with most of the top twenty five I will try to give you insights from their perspective instead of a low 34k rating levels(referring to myself).

Cabalas Mage's Ring Around the Roses- This trick, which I have only seen performed by him is when there are two people who are actually rocking at the same time, normally a friend of his, and he will follow him and the other person will follow him also, causing them to run around constantly around the rock, making most range attacks fail somehow, also making mage to not hit well, and melee impossible.

Advantages: You will most likely last a VERY long time doing this combo

Disadvantages: The only con with this trick is that if they have already started to mage you before you start this combo then the mage will still hit about the same as just standing somewhere.

How do I get around this trick? : The best option would be to bind, however, as mentioned before Mage does not do well, but it will mess up their combo, and if you do bind them they most likely won't try it again.

Agnt 999's Look up: This is more of an observational viewpoiont of the game. This strategy is simply looking up the person's stats to see if you should be careful or not, or what to wear.

Advantage: Generally people at Fist of Guthix only do one kind of combat, or specialize in one form of combat, normally mage.

Disavdantage: The only problem here is when you get one of those really high levels who know how to switch combat forms, and if you prepare just for one kind then it isn't going to help out too much.

How to beat: N/A

Luvandpower's Run Around: I generally don't run in a match, I normally just go to the center if I don't know the person. However, I will sometimes run from the far left or right to the opposite side, then just walk around for about two minutes, then I head to the middle, the reason for this is most people by that point will be trying to find you, which means they are not looking at the center for you.

Advantage: Less likely to die as fast.

Disadvantage : Less charges if you last the whole game for one thing, and also you will have to keep up with your hitpoints just in case your hunter came back and you were not aware of it.

How to beat: When you get me stay near your side for a few minutes.

Steven1250's DD Destruct- Just a tactic I've used when playing fog, stand in the middle in the big dd. Some players can't even find me in the big pile because my combat level is so high. I haven't lost in 100 games when I used this tactic.

Advantage: Your hunter will have a hard time beating you or even finding your name.

Disadvantage: If you need to move trying to get back in your own position can be hard in this case.

How to beat: Well first off the logical way if you are on a small world then the combo won't work period. Also, turning up your resolution to like 1200 pixels would increase the amount of size, hence, more people to see. The other item to do which I don't advise for slow computers /connections is to turn your graphics all the way up on widescreen.

Luvandpower's OMFG what aare you using!? - the whole entire point of this tactic is to keep your hunter guessing. I actually use a very rare weapon on Fist of Guthix. I use a rune dagger. it hits really fast, which makes people think it is a range attack, however, how wrong they are?.

Advantage: This combo can help you win faster, and your hunted will take a lot of damage if you have high strength and attack.

Disadvantage: If you have low strength and attack, then I do not advise this combo. If you have a hunter who knows you know me then they will be careful too lol.

How to beat: Simply watch what weapon the person uses against you. Also, if it seems like you are being hit for too much damage, then it is very likely they have swapped weapons on you. On another note, if you turn your graphics to widescreen you can see your hunter better, which means you can see what weapon he is using.

Err Pk Day House huggles- This man is crazy, he just clicks like crazy around the house on the map. I can't even do this! this is a trick that must be practiced multiple times. Many of the fist of guthix pro's can do this trick, however, he is most known for it as far as I know. What you do is click to the left, then click to the right very fast.

advantage: You as the hunted will stay a live a lot longer, and as the hunter in this case will be very annoyed.

Disadvantage: Hard to master for the most part. Also, mage can help here.

How to beat: I advise mage here no matter what, sometimes range can work however if they are good enough this won't help a bit.

AsianPker's 4 second rule - This pure chick is just crazy also, she literally times her attack to exactly four seconds then will swap from range to to a rune scimitar to hit then change back really fast. She may only be like sixty something combat, but she is deadly with the bow/scimtar technique beware.

Advantage: This combo will help you kill your opponet faster.

disadvantage: N/A

How to beat: the best way is to make sure you always run around at the center of the Fist of guthix, so that way the hunter will not be able to always hit you like this.

Falcon's timed assault-For attack strategies, i usually like to take out magic and hit super low, then once they get down to about 20hp, i ran at them take out rune scim, hit them once, and take out rune baxe for the KO. Works 50% of the time.

Advantage: This will get your hunted off foot so to speak, he won't expect it coming, hence, it can be a lifesaver.

Disadvantage: Only about 50 % accurate according to Falcon...personally with the right weapon it can be more about 70 % considering there are mostly low levels at FIst of Guthix.

How to beat: Just be watchful of what kind of combat attack is happening while you are the hunted.

__________________________________________________ __________

Defense Strategies

1) Rocking - You can rock your opponet, by when they start to melee you, you run to the other side of a rock so that way they have to run around the rock to get you.

Advantage: Melee will take very long to kill you this way.

Disadvantage: Run energy can get low.

2) Housing - This is when you use the Fist of Guthix houses by entering and exiting a lot. However, I do NOT recommend this strategy, however, if you MUST use it, use it on either world 107 or world 25, because then you can you make an assumption there is going to be a lot of lag, and bad video graphics for most people, which generaly means the houses rule.

Advantage: You mmay be able to escape your opponet for a minute or so using this strategy.

Disadvantage: You will lose A LOT of hitpoints doing this.

3) House Hugging- I have used this myself before, never been much a fan of it myself, however, it does have some value. There are two forms of House hugging.

House Hugging 1 - Stay at a close distance to the house, but do not make it too close.

Advantage : Most people don't check near the houses, just either near the far walls or at the center.

Disadvantage: You will not get as many charges, however, if your hunter never finds you then more power to you.

House Hugging 2- This is when you either run around the house constantly, or running to one side of a house to a different side of another house.

Advantage: No attack really affects you if you do this, besides mage.

Disadvantage: Your run energy will run out once more using this kind of strategy. Also bind will hold you back, and can mess up your game-play.

More tricks and strategies to come later.

The optional items.

- Point 1 -
    ________

Most Fist of Guthixer's lose because of their weight, if you have barely anythign in your inventory, then how do they suspect to beat you?

-Point 2-
    ________

Consider the levels before bringing a bunch of items into the game, many high levels actually lose because of this very same reason.

-Point 3-
    ________

Always realize that what one thing worked on person, will be different with another.

------------------------The items----------------------------

1) Rune scimtar
    2) Rune dagger ( look above)
    3) Staff of some kind.
    4) monk robes, green dragon hide, rc robes. ( any formation of these)
    5) Power or strength amulet ( i personally use the strength for my rune dagger. )
    6) bow/arrows
    7) confidence

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Special Thanks to:

1) Luvandpower ( myself )
    2) Jeff ( Hubby )
    3) Cabalas Mage ( current #1 ranked fogger)
    4) Sco 99 range( ex #1 ranked fogger)
    5) Agnt 999 ( friend)
    6) Night Fox ( for all the little tips etc)
    7) Redbladehunters (for giving me the idea of making my own Fist of Guthix guide in the first place)

-Ali
    Spoiler for sig too large:

Banned

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    nice guide bro. Helpful.

Banned

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    knicethx

Thread Information