Thread: RuneLimited by Akinz

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 RuneLimited by Akinz 
    Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    http://www.rune-server.org/runescape...ce-stable.html

Alright, so after buying my website, I Googled RuneLimited and realized it was a server in development by Galkon.
    So, Galkon I'm sorry I stole your name, but you never went through with it anyway!

I'm kind of making a blind shot here with this server, I'm really not sure if it's going to be terrible, or a big hit. I decided to post my progress here, simply to get feedback on how I'm doing, and on my ideas.

Now to start off, the base is DSPK, but the InsidiaX source. I know, I sound like an idiot saying I'm using that, but it caught my eye. I've fixed many of the DSPK bugs, or InsidiaX-only bugs, also the DSPK deadlock (Hopefully), and all of the bugs I've caught on the server prompt

I have never owned an economy server, so this will be my first. I have owned 3 different servers in the past, all called "ForeverPkers", all of the 3 sources I got to #1 twice on Mopar, and currently I'm in the top 5. I realized that my server is so outdated and being raped by all the new shit that's going on, so I'm letting it sit while I develop this new server.

The EXP rate of RuneLimited will be between 20x RS and 40x RS, I have not yet decided and haven't put much testing into the rates. As I'll say below, I want the server to be not grinding, but not instantly 99 everything.

Anyways enough with this wall of text, here's some media. I started on this 1 week ago, so you won't see too much of a change yet. I've been working on making it stable and making it look nice and not fucked up rather than starting on content.

Spoiler for Media:

100% Gnome agility course with emotes and correct exp, and bonus at the end.

Sidebars I fixed, no longer are buggy and all texts work correctly upon login

Just the login screen

The first quest, Desert Treasure, which allows you to get Ghostly robes, Ancient staves, and to use Ancient Magicks

Fixed trading, shows name and inventory space correctly

Special timer, 1 minute for most, some vary. In this case, the Unicorn stallion heals you automatically every 60 seconds and you can see the timer. Some other specials require activation.

Sorry for the pathetic amount of media, I'd put more but it's hard to explain any difference I have so far in the original base.
    My minimum release time on this will be a month. Minimum. It could take longer.

Here are my goals for this project
    Spoiler for Goals:
    1000+ items available in-game
    Server that's easy to get into, and easy to get addicted to
    Not grinding but not too easy
    Gameplay which is replay-able, but not repetitive
    90% Skills working, with the exception of Construction, simply because I do not want all the objects in my client taking up space
    20+ Complete-able quests
    Economy where 2147m makes you shit your pants when you see it in the trade screen (Unlike RuneScape )
    Players have equal rights as donators do, yet are tempted to donate nonetheless
    100% Summoning familiars, each with a unique and viable special attack for any level of player
    Reach the top 5 on Mopar, and MMORPGtoplist (The main 2 I care about)
    Stay online for over a year (Meaning my server is successful)

Might I add, those are ACTUAL goals, not goals like most people have (100% skills durrrr)
    I am confident that I can reach most of these goals, and that's all that matters.

Updates
    Code:
    9-(4-11)-11
    Many updates to the website and client, just polishing and bugfixing on the client.
    Not many server additions that are worth talking about

9-3-11
    Added 100% Gnome agility course, with correct exp, along with bonus exp for finishing. No spam click bugs or any other bugs. Next, Barbarian and wildy course.

9-2-11
    Added correct text for each summon familiar, which updates when you spawn a familiar, dismiss a familiar, or die and lose your familiar. I honestly don't know how to use Petsummon.rsi to display the summoning NPC pictures, so I have added the text no picture available for all of them. (Don't even know if Petsummon.rsi contains that)

9-1-11 Desert Treasure quest:
    Kill the 4 Desert Treasure bosses hidden in the Edgeville dungeon, very powerful and hard to kill. Return for your reward.
    Reward Magic EXP, ability to use Ancient Magicks, wear an Ancient staff, and ability to buy Ghostly Robes (Non tradeable)
    Working on
    Code:
    100% Agility with a few Agility quick-paths

Thanks for your time, please read before posting, once again I'm posting this for feedback, suggestions, and to know how bad I'm fucking up.

I WILL update this thread as much as I update the server, hopefully at least once every other day.

Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Seems like its going to be a good server so good luck with coding and getting everything done like you want it.

3. Thankful user:

supa fly guy

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    inb4 galkon, He is still developing a server named Runelimited. Might want to think of a new name.
    Wouldn't use DSPK wouldn't think you would go down that road thought you were better than that.
    Ot, Goodluck
    Ps, Hi james.

5. Thankful users:

Donator

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Yeah you should definitely change the name :x

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Looks like InsidiaX.

/Face Palm
    nobodys perfect, i'm nobody, therefore i'm perfect.

8. Thankful user:

Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Satisfy Meh View Post
    Looks like InsidiaX.

/Face Palm
    Sorry for the pathetic amount of media, I'd put more but it's hard to explain any difference I have so far in the original base.
    Now to start off, the base is DSPK, the InsidiaX source.
    Idiot.
    I know what the fuck I'm doing, and didn't I say read the thread before posting?

Quote Originally Posted by Owned_ View Post
    Yeah you should definitely change the name :x
    He's no longer developing the server.
    Proof: http://www.rune-server.org/runescape...nelimited.html

I'd like to hear it from him, if he is. Either way, I own RuneLimited.com. And pretty sure there are tons of servers with the same name anyway. Doesn't matter, it's just a name. Since when has Galkon ever owned a public server anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex' View Post
    inb4 galkon, He is still developing a server named Runelimited. Might want to think of a new name.
    Wouldn't use DSPK wouldn't think you would go down that road thought you were better than that.
    Ot, Goodluck
    Ps, Hi james.
    I don't think he is.
    Yes I have used DSPK before and I completely threw away all the work I did because of it's stability, but InsidiaX with the deadlock I fixed seems just as stable as any other piece of shit PI out now anyways. You know I'm too lazy to use the client with a different source, too much converting.

supa fly guy

Thanks given
    Thanks received

Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    What the fuck..

Edit:

Officially Retired

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Y u steal galkons server name lol?

But watever goodluck
    Last edited by Huey; 09-03-2011 at 12:22 AM.
    Attached image
    Listen children don't become this guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Owner Spikey View Post
    Why can I attack lower level npc's in a matter of a mouse hover but for a higher level npc the only choice to attack is by right clicking option attack?

13. Thankful users:

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Best of luck, looks vary interesting.
    All the best,
    Wiki

coming soon

15. Thankful user:

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information