Thread: Hyperion - Perfect OldSchool Base

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Scu11 View Post
    They are rightfully mine when I spent hours typing them LOL. I know I worked for free I never denied that, read the post again. I'm saying that you don't just take someones work that they released to help others and make out you made it, that's so disrespectful to the original author, such as Graham & the hyperion team.
    They are not rightfully yours, rightfully "having a just or legally established claim"

Im pretty sure you dont legally own it and you also released it to the community.

Programmer, Contributor, RM and Veteran

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc323909 View Post
    Quit acting like a spaz lmfao who the hell cares if your given credits or not.
    If people put hundreds of hours of work into something, the least they can expect is other people leaving their name in it (i.e. in the copyright, @author tags, etc).

They are not rightfully yours, rightfully "having a just or legally established claim"

Im pretty sure you dont legally own it and you also released it to the community.
    Actually, by default the original author has copyright of the work (even if it is not explicitly specified in a copyright statement) and I'm reasonably sure that the original author of that work is Scu11. As for the second point, releasing something to the public does not mean it is in the public domain! For example, the original release of Hyperion (and the original parts remaining in derivatives such as this server) are licensed under the BSD license which has restrictions (albeit very few) on what can be done with it.

3. Thankful users:

Hyperion - Perfect OldSchool Base

Thanks given
    Thanks received

Rightfully is not the same as "lawfully". Yes I released it to the community. As Graham was saying, many of us put hours and hours into work and release it for all of you to use for free, and a lot of us just watch you make 30 minutes of edits and make thousands of $, the least you can do is credit the people that actually put the effort in to give you lot what you want, as otherwise you sit there complaining about how your PI laggs or how nobody has released an alternative to wL.

Attached image

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Rightfully is not the same as "lawfully". Yes I released it to the community. As Graham was saying, many of us put hours and hours into work and release it for all of you to use for free, and a lot of us just watch you make 30 minutes of edits and make thousands of $, the least you can do is credit the people that actually put the effort in to give you lot what you want, as otherwise you sit there complaining about how your PI laggs or how nobody has released an alternative to wL.

Herp derp, you think your a professional? lol get off your high horse your just another person in this community "to give you lot" im sure you have used things that people have released and "you sit there complaining about how your PI laggs" I dont play project insanity or even care about it/ask about itso dont bother making false claims.

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Herp derp, you think your a professional?
    At which point did he say he thought he was a professional in that post?

lol get off your high horse your just another person in this community "to give you lot" im sure you have used things that people have released
    Indeed has has - for example, he based his server on Hyperion. However, he kept the credits for Hyperion intact unlike what seems to have happened here.

Which goes back to my original point, the least you can do is credit someone if you base your work on theirs.

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Herp derp, you think your a professional? lol get off your high horse your just another person in this community "to give you lot" im sure you have used things that people have released and "you sit there complaining about how your PI laggs" I dont play project insanity or even care about it/ask about itso dont bother making false claims.
    Clearly avoiding the main part of my post. I never said I'm a professional, but I'm clearly better than this guy. Yes I use things people have released hence rs2-server is based on hyperion? Also you need to learn what generalisation is, I was not speaking to you directly and your involvements with PI but many of you want substitutes to such shit and when you get them people just take credit for it, so why should people continue to be open source when people like this have the attitude that they do?

Attached image

Donator
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    No offense intended to you Graham, but most people can assume when 'Hyperion' is mentioned credits are automatically given to you, i'm sure in Russian's defense he did not mean to miss you and hyperion's original development team out, or to cause any offense.

Scu11's issue is different in my opinion and without knowing more I can't really comment.

9. Thankful user:

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by The A View Post
    No offense intended to you Graham, but most people can assume when 'Hyperion' is mentioned credits are automatically given to you, i'm sure in Russian's defense he did not mean to miss you and hyperion's original development team out, or to cause any offense.

Scu11's issue is different in my opinion and without knowing more I can't really comment.
    They're still collectively claiming 100% credits lol.

Attached image

Donator
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    They're still collectively claiming 100% credits lol.
    I think what they mean is 100% credits for everything that didn't come with hyperion?

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by The A View Post
    No offense intended to you Graham, but most people can assume when 'Hyperion' is mentioned credits are automatically given to you
    Yet I'm not the only person that developed Hyperion. Brett and Blake also did substantial amounts of work on it . Which is why I'd prefer for people to list all the names in full.

Also most of my posts on this thread are actually not going on about that but going on about Scu11's missing credits.

13. Thankful user:

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information