Thread: Runescape Remake

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Endeavor

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by blakeman8192 View Post
    Isn't this the goal of RuneScape Private Servers in general?
    Not anymore. In my opinion, it's more of a see who can make the best PK server with a shop based economy community.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    317 lol?

I didn't play rs back then and i don't think i ever would have started runescape if that's what it was like when i first saw it.

400ish is when i started, or a little before the new interfaces came out (Attack interfaces\equipment and what not)

RS was at it's peak for me around 450ish, before the range update with the over powered cross bows.
    I agree. A 459 would be better content wise.

Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey` View Post
    Not anymore. In my opinion, it's more of a see who can make the best PK server with a shop based economy community.
    True, none will be the best if people keep leeching posting the same thing with same features, it's getting ridiculous and irritating to go into the Rs2 Advertisement section, click a thread read it, exit, then look at someone elses thread only to find out it's the same as the last one you just got done reading.

If an actual Rsps, RS Remake was to happen, i would think it'd get more players, but it probably won't do to the difficult quest, xp rates being to slow for some people, items being difficult to obtain due to drop rates, how much time it would take to make cash for good items to start off pking with in a small community.

what's listed above are key facts of why people play servers the exact opposite of what was listed, but then again, if everything is listed in an advertisement, people who join should know what to expect, and there are so little people who actually really do miss the old runescape, and there are so many people who want the easy road in runescape, which is why they turned to Private servers.

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Thing1 and I have been working on a 455 remake...

However we are still considering if we should continue with rsps in general, because, as you see, 90% of the people here don't enjoy runescape for some odd reason.

But to answer your question:

Of course people will play it. Harry and Luke only say that because they aren't making that type of server.

Why would making such a server be impossible?

WTF can't you replicate with an rsps? A community? Of course you can...I don't see what else would be even close to impossible?
    Amused as I am not, I must continue to try. -Keith Charles
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayton View Post
    I'm sorry, but I have to agree with Hybrent.

Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Fresh View Post
    If Hypothetically someone created a 90% - 100% Runescape remake of the 317 era. An exact replace including all dialogues all drops, shops, auto spawn, every quest to detail. With perfect features.. and kept an economy with strict drops and difficult leveling making 99's a rarity.

Assuming the server was incredibly stable and you knew it was going to be online for some time would you bother playing this apposed to current Runescape?

Way I see it if you look through an item, object, animation or graphics list there are so many un used but all have a purpose on Runescape. I remember Ryan (Thing1) having plans and decent development of something similar but I haven't heard of any progress at all.

I'm not saying I'm even thinking about doing this just curious =D
    I am still developing on my remake, I just haven't posted a project thread yet...

Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    I'm kind of disappointed that nobody has done this successfully. That is the goal of RSPS, to EMULATE RuneScape, not muddy it up with "custom items" and stupid crap..

Really, this needs to be done, but enhanced. Using a 317 is preferable, as this is the base we know most about. A 317 client can be manipulated to load newer revision data (459 is best) and a server could come out of that.

Obviously, you're not going to have 4 xp per hit in a private server, and you're not going to get the same xp for everything you do as well..

Enhanced, a server like that would be played by many, because that's why people join private servers, to have fun and still feel like they're playing RuneScape.
    (At least the people who played RS when it was the 400+ revision..)

Banned

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    How about this then, Jagex still have RSC and after the update letting most playes play now it has 3k members online hourly. That's rsc I personaly can't stand it. If jagex relased a 450 revision for the public to play I know I'd play it why couldn't it work on an underground level? in time if the community grows there's a better feel to the server. ( Duel arena packed, Noobs in lumb . Trading in Falador)

Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanity View Post
    Not a 317, but maybe 459 -> 474 I would consider it. The chance of someone actually following through with something like this is very slim.
    You know, you should give it a try *pleasepleasepleaseplease*.

Runescape has become a joke for me now, anyway - any server with half decent staff, combat & pvm suits me.

Banned
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    = lawsuit

Endeavor

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by tivo7 View Post
    = lawsuit
    If I was forced to shut my server down beyond my ability to fight back I'd release the source.

Banned
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey` View Post
    If I was forced to shut my server down beyond my ability to fight back I'd release the source.
    lol so you take others down with you

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information