Thread: FrugooScape?....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 FrugooScape?.... 
    Banned
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Okay, well I've heard of FrugooScape before, but I never played it, and i heard it was sued\shut down by Jagex or what ever; So i did some research on it to see what made it so "amazing".

I've heard lots of different rumors of what happened to it; People say the owner profited huge ammounts of money from having so many players on or what ever, others say it had flawless economy with friendly staff, good PVP, and awesome skilling... ect... ect...

So, I watched some videos of it on YouTube and come to find out, all it looks like to me is a freaken project czar with custom items?...

So, your telling me some guy just took a project czar source, recoloured some items, and advertised and some how made HUGE ammounts of money and had tons of players on his server? Unless he did some uber cleaning he wouldn't be able to hold 50 players on a project czar source with a freaken Super Computer (that has like 500GB of ram).

So, anyone mind filling me in on what made this server so ownage?

Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    You got everything wrong. He went to college, studied java, made frugooscape completely from scratch. He didn't get sued by jagex, rumor has it that he made $40k from all the ads because he had like 8k+ people on and stopped hosting. There is nothing special about frugooscape it is an empty server with a whole bunch of people.

Squidward
    It's been around since cheezscape 80 sources if I'm correct, back then it was an amazing
    server, and people still like it. It's nothing to do with these Czar sources you see nowadays.

They appearantly got asked by Jagex to take off their 474 and 503/508 webclients.

^ What he said

Since 07

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by deathbadger View Post
    Okay, well I've heard of FrugooScape before, but I never played it, and i heard it was sued\shut down by Jagex or what ever; So i did some research on it to see what made it so "amazing".

I've heard lots of different rumors of what happened to it; People say the owner profited huge ammounts of money from having so many players on or what ever, others say it had flawless economy with friendly staff, good PVP, and awesome skilling... ect... ect...

So, I watched some videos of it on YouTube and come to find out, all it looks like to me is a freaken project czar with custom items?...

So, your telling me some guy just took a project czar source, recoloured some items, and advertised and some how made HUGE ammounts of money and had tons of players on his server? Unless he did some uber cleaning he wouldn't be able to hold 50 players on a project czar source with a freaken Super Computer (that has like 500GB of ram).

So, anyone mind filling me in on what made this server so ownage?

Who gave you that bullshit information?

Banned
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Oh, well thanks for filling me in, and lots of people said different things not just one person "told me"

Registered Member

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    as bad as frugoo is its better than every server in some ways and its been around so long people have many friends there so everyone else keeps everyone else there but its down again for "updates" yet theres still 100 people on the forums right now shows how dedicated some people are to it
    Hyperion V2 Martin's Updates.

Scar says:
    i hate it when it hits your face

Banned
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    as bad as frugoo is its better than every server in some ways and its been around so long people have many friends there so everyone else keeps everyone else there but its down again for "updates" yet theres still 100 people on the forums right now shows how dedicated some people are to it
    yeah thats what i noticed, i was watching videos and the combat and stuff is horrible, and theres like 100+ on forums like you said.

Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Because I have him on skype and regularly talk to him, I suggest you listen:
    Frugooscape classic was not made by him, but was very popular.
    He then made Frugooscape ultimate which was made by him and completely from scratch because he studied java at college. He DID get shut down at one point because JaGeX claimed copyright on their client that he was hosting, he got a letter but he did not tell me what it said.
    He earnt $50,000+ a year from google ads, and I do not know the reason why it is down at the moment.

Reason, I know so much? Member of the frugooscape community for 2+ years. (Name was Top Glitch).

Runner up in the banner competition lol: (can't find the best version I did lol I had a whole thread on it)

Registered Member

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    ooooooooo never knew he didnt make the origional but knew everything else lol
    Hyperion V2 Martin's Updates.

Scar says:
    i hate it when it hits your face

FrugooScape?....

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    [/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Logical View Post
    Because I have him on skype and regularly talk to him, I suggest you listen:
    Frugooscape classic was not made by him, but was very popular.
    He then made Frugooscape ultimate which was made by him and completely from scratch because he studied java at college. He DID get shut down at one point because JaGeX claimed copyright on their client that he was hosting, he got a letter but he did not tell me what it said.
    He earnt $50,000+ a year from google ads, and I do not know the reason why it is down at the moment.

Reason, I know so much? Member of the frugooscape community for 2+ years. (Name was Top Glitch).

Runner up in the banner competition lol: (can't find the best version I did lol I had a whole thread on it)
    Oo wow, $50K a year on ads, thats amazing lol. Didn't he have like 2 or 3 worlds?

Attached image

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information