Thread: Mini-map icons

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1 Mini-map icons 
    Registered Member omglolomghi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    620
    Thanks given
    152
    Thanks received
    94
    Rep Power
    22
    Hallo,

    I was wondering how the icons on the minimap work. Are they loaded from the cache with their positions? or are they bounded to the mini-map itself? I'm interested in changing the mini-map icons to coords which I would like, would this be done cache sided or client sided?
    for example the lodestone icon here in lumbrigde.


    thanks in advanced!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Registered Member
    Kris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Age
    19
    Posts
    1,239
    Thanks given
    215
    Thanks received
    377
    Rep Power
    96
    Almost positive it's done through the cache but regardless, bound to the map. I remember seeing some threads about these icons around R-S, if I recall correctly Luminous also could modify them through cache. Pretty damn sure you cannot modify these through the client (At least not properly). Should either lurk around the forums here or request the few people that do know about these.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. Thankful user:


  4. #3  
    Registered Member omglolomghi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    620
    Thanks given
    152
    Thanks received
    94
    Rep Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldritch View Post
    Almost positive it's done through the cache but regardless, bound to the map. I remember seeing some threads about these icons around R-S, if I recall correctly Luminous also could modify them through cache. Pretty damn sure you cannot modify these through the client (At least not properly). Should either lurk around the forums here or request the few people that do know about these.
    Ow thanks man. Looks like it's in index 23
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Registered Member clem585's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,765
    Thanks given
    369
    Thanks received
    464
    Rep Power
    51
    Pretty sure they're objects with an id in their defs that corresponds to the map icon that they represent.
    Project thread
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. Thankful users:


  7. #5  
    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Age
    21
    Posts
    611
    Thanks given
    43
    Thanks received
    186
    Rep Power
    76
    They are part of the scene in index 5 under archive l_x_y, if you decode the buffer you will find them as objects of type 22 (floor decorations). Bare in mind not all type 22 objects are the objects that are minimap icons I can't find my old list of the id's but if you look around i'm sure it's been posted.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. Thankful user:


  9. #6  
    Registered Member omglolomghi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    620
    Thanks given
    152
    Thanks received
    94
    Rep Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeong Suyeon View Post
    They are part of the scene in index 5 under archive l_x_y, if you decode the buffer you will find them as objects of type 22 (floor decorations). Bare in mind not all type 22 objects are the objects that are minimap icons I can't find my old list of the id's but if you look around i'm sure it's been posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by clem585 View Post
    Pretty sure they're objects with an id in their defs that corresponds to the map icon that they represent.
    Thanks! found the id's, any idea what the method is for client sided spawning?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #7  
    Registered Member clem585's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,765
    Thanks given
    369
    Thanks received
    464
    Rep Power
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by omglolomghi View Post
    Thanks! found the id's, any idea what the method is for client sided spawning?
    Just track index #5 in the client. It leads to a file with all the getFiles(), and this file calls the methods that spawns the objects (in that case map icons).
    Project thread
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. Thankful user:


  12. #8  
    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Age
    21
    Posts
    611
    Thanks given
    43
    Thanks received
    186
    Rep Power
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by omglolomghi View Post
    Thanks! found the id's, any idea what the method is for client sided spawning?
    If you want to truly edit your mapicons you need to edit the scene in index 5 (editing the map) you can however make it spawn client sided but it's not as simple as just telling you what method to use.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. Thankful users:


  14. #9  
    Donator

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    441
    Thanks given
    99
    Thanks received
    66
    Rep Power
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeong Suyeon View Post
    If you want to truly edit your mapicons you need to edit the scene in index 5 (editing the map) you can however make it spawn client sided but it's not as simple as just telling you what method to use.
    Yea as he says. You need to edit the actual map data (idx 5) and have the objects spawn when the cache of that area loads. Simply spawning them wont work and client sided is much more difficult and less clean imo.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. Thankful user:


  16. #10  
    Registered Member clem585's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,765
    Thanks given
    369
    Thanks received
    464
    Rep Power
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by Empathy View Post
    Yea as he says. You need to edit the actual map data (idx 5) and have the objects spawn when the cache of that area loads. Simply spawning them wont work and client sided is much more difficult and less clean imo.
    Yea but either way you have to start by understanding the client part before either modifying the client itself (bad) or making a tool (correct solution).
    Project thread
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Reply With Quote  
     

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information
Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Mini-Map Icons Positioning
    By Ali_ in forum Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-13-2015, 11:05 AM
  2. Mini-Map Map Icons
    By Ali_ in forum Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-11-2015, 11:50 PM
  3. [317] Adding additional mini-map icons?
    By Mind Games in forum Help
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-29-2014, 06:01 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-24-2013, 07:22 PM
  5. icons on mini map
    By Flippy in forum Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-23-2009, 06:02 AM
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •