Thread: 317 Barrows

1. #1 317 Barrows 
    Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    I'm having a bit of a problem with working on Barrows. The source that I am using is set up to where the secret tunnel is always Ahrims and you don't teleport to the chest room. You click the crypt and ahrims spawns after clicking "Yes" to teleport to the chest and you kill him and then click the crypt again and it acts as if the crypt is the chest.

Here is the code that I'm sure has to do with what I'm trying to fix:

Code:
    public void checkCoffins() {
    			if (c.barrowsKillCount < 5) {
    				c.sendMessage("You still have to kill the following brothers:");
    				if (c.barrowsNpcs[2][1] == 0) {
    					c.sendMessage("- Karils");
    				}
    				if (c.barrowsNpcs[3][1] == 0) {
    					c.sendMessage("- Guthans");
    				}
    				if (c.barrowsNpcs[1][1] == 0) {
    					c.sendMessage("- Torags");
    				}
    				if (c.barrowsNpcs[5][1] == 0) {
    					c.sendMessage("- Ahrims");
    				}
    				if (c.barrowsNpcs[0][1] == 0) {
    					c.sendMessage("- Veracs");
    				}
    				c.getPA().removeAllWindows();
    			} else if (c.barrowsKillCount == 5) {
    				Server.npcHandler.spawnNpc(c, 1672, c.getX(), c.getY()-1, 3, 0, 120, 25, 200, 200, true, true);
    			} else if (c.barrowsKillCount > 5) {
    				if (c.inBarrows()) {
    				//c.getPA().movePlayer(3551, 9694, 0);
    				//c.sendMessage("You teleport to the chest.");
    				c.sendMessage("You try to find some loot...");
    				useChest();
    				}
    			}
    		}
    Any help would be appreciated, even if it's just pointing me in the right direction. Thanks!

Respected Member

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Ew I already dislike this source. Shit code. This has nothing to do with the Ahrims part though.

Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldritch View Post
    Ew I already dislike this source. Shit code. This has nothing to do with the Ahrims part though.
    I realized after posting that I focused on teleporting to the chest. If you were to recommend a good source for a beginner as far as 317s go what would you suggest? I'm trying to learn a little bit more about 317s and hopefully get something started up.

Respected Member

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Dagger View Post
    I realized after posting that I focused on teleporting to the chest. If you were to recommend a good source for a beginner as far as 317s go what would you suggest? I'm trying to learn a little bit more about 317s and hopefully get something started up.
    I really can't suggest anything at this point. All (excluding Apollo - even though it's not 317 I believe) are done so weird. None of the sources have NPCs as entities so you literally don't have much control over the NPCs which is a terrible way of doing them. All these 317's are so dependant on the client it's ridiculous. Most content that's being developed is being hard-coded through the client. You shouldn't even be touching the client for most parts. Like honestly I can't even tell how bad the 317's are, even though I've hardly even looked at them. The worst part is that they're not advancing any further either. People just keep sticking to the same foundamental classes which were written like a decade ago. Ya'll need to let go.

Registered Member
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Dagger View Post
    I'm having a bit of a problem with working on Barrows. The source that I am using is set up to where the secret tunnel is always Ahrims and you don't teleport to the chest room. You click the crypt and ahrims spawns after clicking "Yes" to teleport to the chest and you kill him and then click the crypt again and it acts as if the crypt is the chest.

Here is the code that I'm sure has to do with what I'm trying to fix:

Code:
    				if (c.barrowsNpcs[2][1] == 0) {
    					c.sendMessage("- Karils");
    				}
    				if (c.barrowsNpcs[3][1] == 0) {
    					c.sendMessage("- Guthans");
    				}
    				if (c.barrowsNpcs[1][1] == 0) {
    					c.sendMessage("- Torags");
    				}
    				if (c.barrowsNpcs[5][1] == 0) {
    					c.sendMessage("- Ahrims");
    				}
    				if (c.barrowsNpcs[0][1] == 0) {
    					c.sendMessage("- Veracs");
    				}
    				Server.npcHandler.spawnNpc(c, 1672, c.getX(), c.getY()-1, 3, 0, 120, 25, 200, 200, true, true);
    				if (c.inBarrows()) {
    				useChest();
    				}
    			}
    		}
    Any help would be appreciated, even if it's just pointing me in the right direction. Thanks!
    IIRC this is one of the barrows class written back in like 2012 lol. I recommend re-writing it.

Please see below jotted down something for you quickly (I don't use PI so the methods etc won't match so you'll have to convert where necessary, if you need help pm me your skype):

Code:
    				for (int i = 0; i < c.barrowsNpcs.length; i++) {
    				   if (c.barrowsNpcs[i][1] == 0) {
    					c.sendMessage("- "+Server.npcHandler.getNpcDefinition(c.barrowsNpcs[i][0]).getName());
    				   }
    			        }
                                for (int i = 0; i < c.barrowsNpcs.length; i++) {
    				if (c.barrowsNpcs[i][2] == c.objectId or whatever) { //Assuming the object id is held in here.
    		                    if (c.barrowsNpcs[i][1] == 0) {
    						Server.npcHandler.spawnNpc(c, c.barrowsNpcs[i][0], c.getX(), c.getY()-1, 3, 0, 120, 25, 200, 200, true, true);
    						c.barrowsNpcs[i][1] = 1;
    						c.getActionAssistant().removeAllWindows();
    				    }
    				}
    			    }
    				if (c.inBarrows()) {
    				useChest();
    				}
    			}
    		}

Banned
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    I really can't suggest anything at this point. All (excluding Apollo - even though it's not 317 I believe) are done so weird. None of the sources have NPCs as entities so you literally don't have much control over the NPCs which is a terrible way of doing them. All these 317's are so dependant on the client it's ridiculous. Most content that's being developed is being hard-coded through the client. You shouldn't even be touching the client for most parts. Like honestly I can't even tell how bad the 317's are, even though I've hardly even looked at them. The worst part is that they're not advancing any further either. People just keep sticking to the same foundamental classes which were written like a decade ago. Ya'll need to let go.
    There are quite a few 317 frameworks that eat shit over anything else. You hardly see any 718's that have nearly as many working features as your standard 317 in the download section.

Respected Member

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Significance View Post
    There are quite a few 317 frameworks that eat shit over anything else. You hardly see any 718's that have nearly as many working features as your standard 317 in the download section.
    Mind directing me to one 317 that contains a lot of working content? Oh and no customs please, those just sicken me for many reasons.

Banned
    Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Mind directing me to one 317 that contains a lot of working content? Oh and no customs please, those just sicken me for many reasons.
    Vencillio

Respected Member

Thanks given
    Thanks received
    Quote Originally Posted by Significance View Post
    Vencillio
    Took a look at all the features it has got to offer. Nothing caught my eye. All the media there was.. was either some custom interfaces or OSRS monsters. Literally nothing unique. Not to mention, based on all the help threads regarding Vencillio, that source is everything but stable and usable. Constant help threads regarding the features of it and every thread has like at least one person saying that the issue isn't what they think it is, but rather the fact that it's Vencillio.
    I don't think you've taken a deep enough look at the MX servers out there. Of course if you look at complete leeches then you probably won't find anything unique, but if you look at a server that's not being hosted by a person with ten IQ, you'll notice quite a lot of usable content. But this wasn't even the topic I was on there.. The point was that 317's are VERY poorly developed, everyone's sticking to the foundamental classes that were developed a decade ago. That's a big problem. I'm not saying MX is up to date or anything but it's a lot better than your usual 317s. It surprises me that no one is advancing the 317's out there (At least when I look at the released sources, they're all sticking to the base shit). I mean if you're incapable of developing decent base on your own you could at least rip it off of some other source that has it better but no, people just keep following the same patterns and there you go. There's literally not a single 317 I feel comfortable playing because they feel so raw (The feeling's granted by all the hard-coded stuff). Smaller amounts of hard-coded stuff don't affect much but majority in 317s is hardcoded and that has visible effects on the outcome.
    Sorry for the paragraph, I'm just not understanding it.

Thread Information