Thread: Best server & client from scratch?

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1 Best server & client from scratch? 
    Registered Member
    Coder Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,757
    Thanks given
    86
    Thanks received
    83
    Rep Power
    231
    Hello,

    Does anyone know or even has a link where I could get a base server & client (OSRS) with only some of the basic mechanics of PvP, PvM and trading?
    Planning to start my own thing from scratch, got some experience in the past, so want to try from scratch Thanks!

    PS.
    Most important for me is how the code looks like, how it's structured, one big file with all of the game's logic is a big no-no from me.
    My english skills back in the days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coder Alex
    Well, if it's gooded decent, it's good.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    All you gotta do is speak on Ye

    Jay Gatsby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,086
    Thanks given
    992
    Thanks received
    1,128
    Rep Power
    4667
    Definitely look at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Repo: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. Thankful user:


  4. #3  
    Registered Member
    Coder Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,757
    Thanks given
    86
    Thanks received
    83
    Rep Power
    231
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Gatsby View Post
    Definitely look at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Repo: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Thanks looks promising, but I see it uses Kotlin instead of plain Java.
    My english skills back in the days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coder Alex
    Well, if it's gooded decent, it's good.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Forum Moderator

    Corey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,214
    Thanks given
    865
    Thanks received
    1,011
    Rep Power
    4597
    Quote Originally Posted by Coder Alex View Post
    Thanks looks promising, but I see it uses Kotlin instead of plain Java.
    What's wrong with that?
    A lot of developers are switching from Java to kotlin.


    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Spoiler for .:
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Registered Member
    Levi X D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    549
    Thanks given
    92
    Thanks received
    69
    Rep Power
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by Coder Alex View Post
    Thanks looks promising, but I see it uses Kotlin instead of plain Java.
    Kotlin generally speaking, is pretty similar to Java. From what I have seen, it takes less code to get the same outcome as Java. I think it comes down to preference? I don't know the true upsides to using Kotlin. I haven't looked into it much.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Registered Member
    Coder Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,757
    Thanks given
    86
    Thanks received
    83
    Rep Power
    231
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    What's wrong with that?
    A lot of developers are switching from Java to kotlin.
    I actually see no big issue with a new language, especially that is built on top of Java, learning a new syntax would take 1-2 days, just thought that it's interesting.
    A side note for myself is that I need to ask the owner about permissions on this, because it's unclear, owner says that this rsmod platform will be used for developers to sell their plugins? What if I want to have my own RSPS, keep it as a branch of the original, host it, add content onto it etc.
    My english skills back in the days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coder Alex
    Well, if it's gooded decent, it's good.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    Forum Moderator

    Corey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,214
    Thanks given
    865
    Thanks received
    1,011
    Rep Power
    4597
    Quote Originally Posted by Coder Alex View Post
    I actually see no big issue with a new language, especially that is built on top of Java, learning a new syntax would take 1-2 days, just thought that it's interesting.
    A side note for myself is that I need to ask the owner about permissions on this, because it's unclear, owner says that this rsmod platform will be used for developers to sell their plugins? What if I want to have my own RSPS, keep it as a branch of the original, host it, add content onto it etc.
    People do that already, go for it.


    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Spoiler for .:
    Reply With Quote  
     


Thread Information
Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)


User Tag List

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 09-25-2013, 08:50 PM
  2. [REQ]Making a server+client+webclient from scratch[REQ]
    By pokechat89789780 in forum Requests
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-22-2011, 04:12 PM
  3. New server coded 100% from scratch!
    By Benjamin in forum Projects
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 11-07-2009, 04:19 PM
  4. Creating a Client From Scratch
    By Nima304 in forum Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-02-2009, 06:08 AM
  5. Server source made from scratch, no pics
    By saviour in forum Downloads
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-04-2008, 01:21 AM
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •