This is pog, goodluck brother
Glad to see someone working on a 2004-era as-well as it being an open-source project.
Thanks for the contributions to the community and best of luck on this project. Hoping to see it go far and maybe even one day be used as a foundation for a major remake.
- Imported OSRS spawns, and I filtered for only regions _and_ NPCs (based on name) that existed in 225. There's 6490 spawns right now after all my filtering.
- Made a list of new/old names for NPCs that got renamed, to make sure they got brought over correctly since their first name match failed.
- Imported OSRS spawn directions from another spawn list for standing NPCs like bankers.
- Started on a list to override wander distances per NPC ID, bankers can't move so they get a wander distance of 0. By default I give NPCs a wander distance of 5, and I only need to define it if it needs to be different.
- Made a lot of progress converting OSRS NPC variants -> RS2 NPC IDs, for cases where name matching would only return the first result but there were more.
Variants are recolored NPCs, or NPCs with different options but the same name.
"Man" has 13 variants, "Fishing spot" has 37 variants, etc. all using the same name.
This video shows a few things off:
- OSRS spawns work and their IDs are converted correctly.
All of these were called Goblin, so I had to define the OSRS IDs for red/green goblins and give them the appropriate ID in 225, otherwise it would be a generic goblin.
I've made sure to account for variants in other areas as well, like West Ardougne where Man/Woman had sickly appearances instead of the default.
- The base for NPC movement is in place. Each tick there's a 30% chance for an idle NPC to pick a tile in its wander range and start to move towards it.
- I need to implement clipping masks so they can't walk through walls, objects, or other entities.
... oh, and I also updated the main page with some cleaner sections I'll release these NPC configs in a repo when I have the remaining variant IDs converted. Only a handful left.
My next goal is probably to get those clipping masks generated so they don't go through walls. Event queues is after that, before I start on any content.
Absolutely flawed, since rune1 I've always wanted to see more from earlier revisions. Thought I'd only ever get the chance to play with 289 but you're doing something great Let me know if there's a way to support you @Pazaz
This is all original data so itíll be a little closer to reality
As for progress this week, itís been a little busy irl. I have a few non-server updates still that people may be interested in:
- I finished a big refactor in the client and officially moved to ďstep 2Ē of my refactor: making sure everything is consistently named and improving it where possible
- I made a headless discord bot that uses the same engine as the client, but can export transparent PNGs/GIFs of models/sprites/animations/interfaces. Itís compatible with 194 cache as well, and supports changing revisions via command
Spoiler for Discord Bot Commands:
I think Iíll get that working with 289-377 at some point and let people add it to their own discord servers (hell even r-s if they want it), so people can browse the cache or take renders for themselves. Itís more useful for wiki people whose tools only work with 400+, or these old server projects
The section pictures I have on the main page are from my model viewer, which uses the same code as the discord bot but has an interactive camera/hot keys
I'll let you guys know when I have some more progress to show off on the server
Will you be adding like a world list interface on login screen or was that later on in the runescape history? Would be cool to see
click here to see the news post for "Improvements to the game log-in process" to see when they made the full switch.
During 2004-2007 you would select your world before playing:
Spoiler for Select world in 2005:
2004 was pretty much the same as that image (2005), but with less worlds to choose from.
OSRS still even has their 2007 world selection page up!
To answer your other implied question, I do want to have a functional world selection page
Best of luck with this
Hey hope progress is going well Was wondering if this would be of some help? https://www.rune-server.ee/runescape...ml#post5744763
|« Shanty |  EthScape | Crypto P2E server | Classes | Skill specialists »|
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
|Tags for this Thread|