Thread: Solak - A Custom That Actually Makes Sense

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 45
  1. #11  
    Registered Member
    Stable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    86
    Thanks given
    36
    Thanks received
    26
    Discord
    View profile
    Rep Power
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron W View Post
    Best of luck with the server.
    Thanks buddy aprpeciate it

    Quote Originally Posted by jet kai View Post
    Hey Stable! Are the forums currently running at the moment or are you still working on them? Having a bit of an issue registering on the forums.

    Currently we will not be having, forums I'll fix the button to link to our discord.

    Quote Originally Posted by taboo View Post
    Good job on the slayer helm tiers . I like that idea. I too have that on my server
    Always wanted to have tiers of slayer helmets with different benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by MrClassic View Post
    Not a fan of customs, but those helmets are well thought of

    Good luck!
    Once again thank you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rythe View Post
    I'm so confused.
    Why is there two Solaks? Just realized this. I was told its a fight between you two and not here to create drama trust me, but I do think you both should team up and just have the 718 and the 317.

    Spoiler for ????:




    Good luck however.

    Excited to see what you both have to offer!!

    1- Two different revisions.
    2- We have already paid for most of the graphics/advertisement/domains and branding on Solak.
    3- I've contacted the owners offering them a new name + domain and all but they just told me to fuck off.
    4- Not to cause any issues or anything I believe our name Solak was chosen before them, and hopefully will perform better.
    5- Them holding that name will do nothing but harm them more than it helps them.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. Thankful user:


  3. #12  
    Extreme Donator


    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Age
    28
    Posts
    377
    Thanks given
    358
    Thanks received
    202
    Rep Power
    866
    Quote Originally Posted by Stable View Post
    Thanks buddy aprpeciate it



    Currently we will not be having, forums I'll fix the button to link to our discord.



    Always wanted to have tiers of slayer helmets with different benefits



    Once again thank you.




    1- Two different revisions.
    2- We have already paid for most of the graphics/advertisement/domains and branding on Solak.
    3- I've contacted the owners offering them a new name + domain and all but they just told me to fuck off.
    4- Not to cause any issues or anything I believe our name Solak was chosen before them, and hopefully will perform better.
    5- Them holding that name will do nothing but harm them more than it helps them.
    I understand they are two different revisions, why do you think I suggested having both revisions and both sides come to commence in my last comment. And no I have nothing against anyone in this situation so please hear me out.
    You may have paid for graphics, domains and advertisements but who is to say these guys haven't had the idea of the same name for a lot longer and possibly kept low about it until BETA was released (before you bought all this stuff). I mean, its 50/50 I guess on this one. I am designing artwork for their client, hence where my confusion came and wanted to ask about it so please don't take me offensively.
    Also, praising about how better it will perform is just a dumb thing to say especially as the owner as its all about competition at this point and nothing fun, this is literally asking for problems from their side and assuming having the same name will do nothing but harm them as again many people may prefer 718 over 317, so who is to say this is true.
    Personally, I don't think anyone should claim a name is theirs until you truly buy copyrights this way you have the advantage to sue (in circumstances maybe a bad idea as rsps is technically illegal to host.)

    Anyway, you may see me hop on, no hate on you stable and I am impressed with the work you do lately map editing. Keep it up and good luck with this+++

    Plus not only that, Smidge and Quantum are some what new to the site so I can kind of see your point a little more. No stress.

    Nice of you to offer to buy them domain and hosting. Hell, if they refused, I'll take it! haha

    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #13  
    EradicationX Is Back!
    Sadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    50
    Thanks given
    19
    Thanks received
    31
    Discord
    View profile
    Rep Power
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by Rythe View Post
    I understand they are two different revisions, why do you think I suggested having both revisions and both sides come to commence in my last comment. And no I have nothing against anyone in this situation so please hear me out.
    You may have paid for graphics, domains and advertisements but who is to say these guys haven't had the idea of the same name for a lot longer and possibly kept low about it until BETA was released (before you bought all this stuff). I mean, its 50/50 I guess on this one. I am designing artwork for their client, hence where my confusion came and wanted to ask about it so please don't take me offensively.
    Also, praising about how better it will perform is just a dumb thing to say especially as the owner as its all about competition at this point and nothing fun, this is literally asking for problems from their side and assuming having the same name will do nothing but harm them as again many people may prefer 718 over 317, so who is to say this is true.
    Personally, I don't think anyone should claim a name is theirs until you truly buy copyrights this way you have the advantage to sue (in circumstances maybe a bad idea as rsps is technically illegal to host.)

    Anyway, you may see me hop on, no hate on you stable and I am impressed with the work you do lately map editing. Keep it up and good luck with this+++
    Imagine how my team is feeling finding out that one random server sudddenly chooses the name Solak, just to have a fucking CUSTOM 317 REVISIONED SERVER come and also use SOLAK LOL. I don't mind and don't blame either parties considering I never truly advertised the project, but will be interesting to see.
    I do not understand why this server is called Solak at all though? It literally makes no fucking sense to rename a server from Lunite to Solak when it's an old-school server? Literally no respect for the existing server that quantum or w/e is hosting, especially when you knew about their server in beforehand?

    Regardless my server is Zolak and will actually make sense with the name considering it'll be RS3 cache, but yeah, best of luck to you two using the exact same name lol. I'd vouch for the other 718 to be more in favor to use the Solak name considering all you did was change from Lunite. Why take someone elses name when you already have one smh...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. Thankful users:


  6. #14  
    Registered Member
    Stable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    86
    Thanks given
    36
    Thanks received
    26
    Discord
    View profile
    Rep Power
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadie View Post
    Imagine how my team is feeling finding out that one random server sudddenly chooses the name Solak, just to have a fucking CUSTOM 317 REVISIONED SERVER come and also use SOLAK LOL. I don't mind and don't blame either parties considering I never truly advertised the project, but will be interesting to see.
    I do not understand why this server is called Solak at all though? It literally makes no fucking sense to rename a server from Lunite to Solak when it's an old-school server? Literally no respect for the existing server that quantum or w/e is hosting, especially when you knew about their server in beforehand?

    Regardless my server is Zolak and will actually make sense with the name considering it'll be RS3 cache, but yeah, best of luck to you two using the exact same name lol. I'd vouch for the other 718 to be more in favor to use the Solak name considering all you did was change from Lunite. Why take someone elses name when you already have one smh...
    It's completely understandable what your trying to argue, yet in the end its a "name" for name choosing I usually go RS3 items/monsters and try to find the right domain if its available such as Solak.io/Solak.org/Solak.com - Lunite.io/lunite.org/lunite.com and the same with Solite that I own also.

    And to mention this is not an oldschool server, this is a custom 317 it has nothing to do with oldschool. It's pretty much entirely made from scratch that includes models and monsters so there is 0 relation to it being related to any content from RuneScape whatsoever other than combat, and that such.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rythe View Post
    I understand they are two different revisions, why do you think I suggested having both revisions and both sides come to commence in my last comment. And no I have nothing against anyone in this situation so please hear me out.
    You may have paid for graphics, domains and advertisements but who is to say these guys haven't had the idea of the same name for a lot longer and possibly kept low about it until BETA was released (before you bought all this stuff). I mean, its 50/50 I guess on this one. I am designing artwork for their client, hence where my confusion came and wanted to ask about it so please don't take me offensively.
    Also, praising about how better it will perform is just a dumb thing to say especially as the owner as its all about competition at this point and nothing fun, this is literally asking for problems from their side and assuming having the same name will do nothing but harm them as again many people may prefer 718 over 317, so who is to say this is true.
    Personally, I don't think anyone should claim a name is theirs until you truly buy copyrights this way you have the advantage to sue (in circumstances maybe a bad idea as rsps is technically illegal to host.)

    Anyway, you may see me hop on, no hate on you stable and I am impressed with the work you do lately map editing. Keep it up and good luck with this+++

    Plus not only that, Smidge and Quantum are some what new to the site so I can kind of see your point a little more. No stress.

    Nice of you to offer to buy them domain and hosting. Hell, if they refused, I'll take it! haha
    As I mentioned I tryed speaking to them, we have already invested thousands into the branding of this server, I've done my research in terms of the domain and looking around for a server named Solak, I have found one that was closed therefore, I deemed it ours.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #15  
    Registered Member
    thing1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,017
    Thanks given
    128
    Thanks received
    1,011
    Rep Power
    2163
    Custom maps seems unique, best of luck!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. Thankful user:


  9. #16  
    Registered Member Turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    372
    Thanks given
    4
    Thanks received
    71
    Discord
    View profile
    Rep Power
    57
    Been with this project since the start. Stable is a great person to work along side with. Big plans for this server!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. Thankful user:


  11. #17  
    Everything is Corrupt
    Quantum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    98
    Thanks given
    15
    Thanks received
    31
    Discord
    View profile
    Rep Power
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by Stable View Post

    1- Two different revisions.
    2- We have already paid for most of the graphics/advertisement/domains and branding on Solak.
    3- I've contacted the owners offering them a new name + domain and all but they just told me to fuck off.
    4- Not to cause any issues or anything I believe our name Solak was chosen before them, and hopefully will perform better.
    5- Them holding that name will do nothing but harm them more than it helps them.
    Weird i dont remember hearing about this. I do remember having sir dan call me an asshole. And apparently, the name was thought of same time as yours? I don't know how you've spent thousands into branding, it really doesn't take that much for logos. Maybe ads, but not branding. Also, there was no claim to this name, we turned around and claimed it and you guys came and said hey we thought of that first. Not really how that goes, you can't go and say hey that ours without having something out there that it is. Literally nothing for over a week we searched before sticking to it, and made a post and you guys were like oh we thought of that before you and already looking into a logo. And thinking using same name wont hurt your server just shows how little you know about it all, even you being in the community longer doesn't really mean you know more. Good luck though ^.^
    In a Quantum World, nothing is real. We are one, and one is all. Live in the Quantum World.

    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #18  
    Registered Member
    Stable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    86
    Thanks given
    36
    Thanks received
    26
    Discord
    View profile
    Rep Power
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by thing1 View Post
    Custom maps seems unique, best of luck!
    Thank you so much! I've put so much time and effort into it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Quantum View Post
    Weird i dont remember hearing about this. I do remember having sir dan call me an asshole. And apparently, the name was thought of same time as yours? I don't know how you've spent thousands into branding, it really doesn't take that much for logos. Maybe ads, but not branding. Also, there was no claim to this name, we turned around and claimed it and you guys came and said hey we thought of that first. Not really how that goes, you can't go and say hey that ours without having something out there that it is. Literally nothing for over a week we searched before sticking to it, and made a post and you guys were like oh we thought of that before you and already looking into a logo. And thinking using same name wont hurt your server just shows how little you know about it all, even you being in the community longer doesn't really mean you know more. Good luck though ^.^
    Appreciate the good luck, likewise to.

    As for the costs we have hired calum for all of the services, and by thousands which are the website, logo, client screen, icons, forum threads, and top lists banners hiring a high quality graphics is not cheap.
    As for the research I have searched it my self in-regards to Solak, if I'm not wrong your server used to be called? RuneGuild, nonethless when searching google and going around you will not find any signs of "Solak" unless its closed servers untill now. Nonethless I wish you the best of luck also if you still need a new domain and all the graphics provided feel free to message me as I mentioned previously. Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
    Been with this project since the start. Stable is a great person to work along side with. Big plans for this server!
    Tortle
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #19  
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    41
    Thanks given
    16
    Thanks received
    12
    Rep Power
    2
    best of luck,
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. Thankful user:


  15. #20  
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    15
    Thanks given
    3
    Thanks received
    18
    Discord
    View profile
    Rep Power
    0
    Should change the name. Not that I have much faith due to the management. But if you're truly looking to be innovative and creative, copying a server's name aint it.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information
Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)


User Tag List

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-12-2017, 03:27 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-28-2013, 03:37 PM
  3. Pin system that actually works.
    By Mike in forum Tutorials
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-29-2008, 05:05 AM
  4. Actual make.
    By Outcast in forum Models
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-19-2008, 11:51 PM
  5. the commercial that made no sense...
    By Xx God xX in forum Videos
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-13-2008, 01:58 AM
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •