Thread: Ares - C# Framework

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31
  1. #21  
    Registered Member
    Optimum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,204
    Thanks given
    649
    Thanks received
    648
    Rep Power
    1290
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post


    C# isn't Java, methods are "NamedLikeThis" and local variables are "namedLikeThis" while private fields are "_namedLikeThis".

    And public properties, static or otherwise are like
    Code:
     public static int Money { get; set; }
    File structure should also be similar.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]



    Also avoid using callbacks based on EventHandler (unless its just to control where something should go), target the latest .NET and take advantage of async/await.
    Thanks for the feedback. The call back was just a test. The when structure will be changed soon.

    With your fields conventions. That's preference. I personally don't like the underscore. I prefer to use java conventions. I've still to rename methods to upper case.

    Thanks though.
     

  2. Thankful user:


  3. #22  
    The internet's reject
    Andy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,371
    Thanks given
    148
    Thanks received
    1,511
    Rep Power
    3133
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimum View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. The call back was just a test. The when structure will be changed soon.

    With your fields conventions. That's preference. I personally don't like the underscore. I prefer to use java conventions. I've still to rename methods to upper case.

    Thanks though.

    It shouldn't be a preference, it's a way of indicating variable scope. If you're going to write maintainable code at a large scale, follow the code conventions of the language.

    It also allows you to avoid filling your code with dozens of ugly "this.variableName"



    Code:
    public class Person 
    { 
        private string _firstName; 
     
        public Person(string firstName) {
           _firstName = firstName;
         }
    }
    Java conventions belong in Java, not C#.
    What am I watching now?

     

  4. Thankful users:


  5. #23  
    Registered Member
    Optimum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,204
    Thanks given
    649
    Thanks received
    648
    Rep Power
    1290
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    It shouldn't be a preference, it's a way of indicating variable scope. If you're going to write maintainable code at a large scale, follow the code conventions of the language.

    It also allows you to avoid filling your code with dozens of ugly "this.variableName"



    Code:
    public class Person 
    { 
        private string _firstName; 
     
        public Person(string firstName) {
           _firstName = firstName;
         }
    }
    Java conventions belong ins Java, not C#.
    I agree with you. Use a languages conventions but at the end of the day; Stay persistent in your conventions. For me it's just the way I am comfortable. I type pretty fast most of the time following my conventions so gong back and changing a lot of names is just a waste of time. Though I will have method names in the C# way.
     

  6. Thankful user:


  7. #24  
    Жизнь есть дар
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,287
    Thanks given
    386
    Thanks received
    913
    Rep Power
    634
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimum View Post
    I agree with you. Use a languages conventions but at the end of the day; Stay persistent in your conventions. For me it's just the way I am comfortable. I type pretty fast most of the time following my conventions so gong back and changing a lot of names is just a waste of time. Though I will have method names in the C# way.
    Andy is right, if you're going to release an open-source project follow the standard conventions of that language. Because people that may use this project may not be comfortable or like what you like. That's why we have standards.

    Best of luck though, it's nice to see frameworks other than Java. Although I would really love to see frameworks for newer languages such as [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], or [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
     

  8. Thankful user:


  9. #25  
    Registered Member Exipe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Age
    17
    Posts
    97
    Thanks given
    4
    Thanks received
    29
    Rep Power
    51
    how come you can never accept being wrong?
    thought the whole point of the project was for you to improve?
     

  10. #26  
    Registered Member
    Whis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Age
    22
    Posts
    146
    Thanks given
    47
    Thanks received
    65
    Rep Power
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyr View Post
    Andy is right, if you're going to release an open-source project follow the standard conventions of that language. Because people that may use this project may not be comfortable or like what you like. That's why we have standards.

    Best of luck though, it's nice to see frameworks other than Java. Although I would really love to see frameworks for newer languages such as [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], or [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] best performing server so far
    "It's all a matter of perspective. There is no single path in life that is right and fair and does no harm."
     

  11. #27  
    Registered Member Vox Populi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    85
    Thanks given
    26
    Thanks received
    8
    Rep Power
    19
    Strangely enough, my graphical service for Vencillio pops up...
    Remove the client's background, you or the owner of Vencillio have never had the permission to use it.
     

  12. #28  
    Registered Member
    Optimum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,204
    Thanks given
    649
    Thanks received
    648
    Rep Power
    1290
    Quote Originally Posted by Exipe View Post
    how come you can never accept being wrong?
    thought the whole point of the project was for you to improve?
    It's not wrong to use your own conventions

    I agreed with Andy. Of course you should use languages default conventions. Bur you don't have to.

    Quote Originally Posted by Freyr View Post
    Andy is right, if you're going to release an open-source project follow the standard conventions of that language. Because people that may use this project may not be comfortable or like what you like. That's why we have standards.

    Best of luck though, it's nice to see frameworks other than Java. Although I would really love to see frameworks for newer languages such as [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], or [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    True; but I can say my audience will more or less be people who use java

    Quote Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
    Strangely enough, my graphical service for Vencillio pops up...
    Remove the client's background, you or the owner of Vencillio have never had the permission to use it.
    Hey pal did you have permission to use the artists background that you used?
     

  13. #29  
    Registered Member Vox Populi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    85
    Thanks given
    26
    Thanks received
    8
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimum View Post
    Hey pal did you have permission to use the artists background that you used?
    That does not have any relevance in R-S. I got scammed period, delete it.
     

  14. #30  
    🎶🎶Why do good girls like bad guys🎶🎶

    i_pk_pjers_i's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,184
    Thanks given
    4,131
    Thanks received
    454
    Rep Power
    1442
    Quote Originally Posted by Exipe View Post
    how come you can never accept being wrong?
    thought the whole point of the project was for you to improve?
    I'm not so sure I would agree that using different conventions is "being wrong". Sure, there are standards for conventions but IMO use what works for you.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Vouches (11, many more available upon request): [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    LOL : [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Made me smile : [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    I'm honored : [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Quote Originally Posted by Idiot Bird View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
    lol np mate looks like the community brought ur rep down to ur IQ
    Not too sure about that, it's at 0 . It would have to go minus to even be remotely close to his IQ.
     

  15. Thankful user:


Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information
Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Are YOU a Player Mod for RuneScape?
    By ιаυяа in forum Voting
    Replies: 156
    Last Post: 06-23-2008, 11:03 PM
  2. Where are you from?
    By Jukk in forum Voting
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-20-2008, 03:07 AM
  3. Replies: 68
    Last Post: 12-02-2007, 05:50 AM
  4. PK Isle Haters, here you are.
    By Inside Sin in forum Showcase
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-19-2007, 07:26 PM
  5. Wireframes are the hotness <3
    By Beh3moth2 in forum Showcase
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-12-2007, 11:05 PM
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •