Thread: Ares - C# Framework

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31
  1. #11  
    Donator


    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,908
    Thanks given
    356
    Thanks received
    323
    Rep Power
    299
    Good luck seems very interesting will follow!!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    167
    Thanks given
    0
    Thanks received
    40
    Rep Power
    95
    Will be following and hopefully contributing at some point.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Registered Member
    Whis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Age
    22
    Posts
    111
    Thanks given
    38
    Thanks received
    49
    Rep Power
    130
    Code:
    /// <summary>
            /// The x coordinate
            /// </summary>
            private int posX;
    
            /// <summary>
            /// The y coordinate
            /// </summary>
            private int posY;
    
            /// <summary>
            /// The height coordinate
            /// </summary>
            private int height;
    Code:
    /// <summary>
            /// All getters and setters
            /// </summary>
            #region Getters + Setters
            public int PosX
            {
                get { return posX; } 
                set { posX = value; }
            }
    
            public int PosY
            {
                get { return posY; } 
                set { posY = value; }
            }
    
            public int Height
            {
                get { return height; } 
                set { height = value; }
            }
            #endregion
    what

    learn the language benefits c# offers over java before attempting this
    "It's all a matter of perspective. There is no single path in life that is right and fair and does no harm."
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Gud gud rub rub.

    Scape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    233
    Thanks given
    83
    Thanks received
    74
    Rep Power
    313
    I'll follow up may contribute if i have some time.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Registered Member
    Optimum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,151
    Thanks given
    630
    Thanks received
    626
    Rep Power
    1160
    Quote Originally Posted by Whis View Post
    Code:
    /// <summary>
            /// The x coordinate
            /// </summary>
            private int posX;
    
            /// <summary>
            /// The y coordinate
            /// </summary>
            private int posY;
    
            /// <summary>
            /// The height coordinate
            /// </summary>
            private int height;
    Code:
    /// <summary>
            /// All getters and setters
            /// </summary>
            #region Getters + Setters
            public int PosX
            {
                get { return posX; } 
                set { posX = value; }
            }
    
            public int PosY
            {
                get { return posY; } 
                set { posY = value; }
            }
    
            public int Height
            {
                get { return height; } 
                set { height = value; }
            }
            #endregion
    what

    learn the language benefits c# offers over java before attempting this
    Don't just comment "learn the benefits" with no plausible explanation man. You showed me encapsulated fields..... what about them?
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    Registered Member
    Whis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Age
    22
    Posts
    111
    Thanks given
    38
    Thanks received
    49
    Rep Power
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimum View Post
    Don't just comment "learn the benefits" with no plausible explanation man. You showed me encapsulated fields..... what about them?
    No need for separate getters/setters

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    "It's all a matter of perspective. There is no single path in life that is right and fair and does no harm."
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    Registered Member
    Optimum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,151
    Thanks given
    630
    Thanks received
    626
    Rep Power
    1160
    Quote Originally Posted by Whis View Post
    No need for separate getters/setters

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    At the end of the day that's all down to personal preference. I very well know you don't need a private variable and a getter + Setters for that variable. I've done C# for 4 years.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18  
    Registered Member
    Whis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Age
    22
    Posts
    111
    Thanks given
    38
    Thanks received
    49
    Rep Power
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimum View Post
    At the end of the day that's all down to personal preference. I very well know you don't need a private variable and a getter + Setters for that variable. I've done C# for 4 years.
    if writing 10 extra lines of code helps you sleep at night then sure go for that lol
    "It's all a matter of perspective. There is no single path in life that is right and fair and does no harm."
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #19  
    Donator

    Nighel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,020
    Thanks given
    150
    Thanks received
    200
    Rep Power
    107
    Really interested in this frame work once you got login/packets etc working.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #20  
    The internet's reject
    Andy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,359
    Thanks given
    147
    Thanks received
    1,481
    Rep Power
    3094


    C# isn't Java, methods are "NamedLikeThis" and local variables are "namedLikeThis" while private fields are "_namedLikeThis".

    And public properties, static or otherwise are like
    Code:
     public static int Money { get; set; }
    File structure should also be similar.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]



    Also avoid using callbacks based on EventHandler (unless its just to control where something should go), target the latest .NET and take advantage of async/await.
    What am I watching now?

    Reply With Quote  
     


Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information
Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Are YOU a Player Mod for RuneScape?
    By ιаυяа in forum Voting
    Replies: 156
    Last Post: 06-23-2008, 11:03 PM
  2. Where are you from?
    By Jukk in forum Voting
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-20-2008, 03:07 AM
  3. Replies: 68
    Last Post: 12-02-2007, 05:50 AM
  4. PK Isle Haters, here you are.
    By Inside Sin in forum Showcase
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-19-2007, 07:26 PM
  5. Wireframes are the hotness <3
    By Beh3moth2 in forum Showcase
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-12-2007, 11:05 PM
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •