Thread: Ruse Can't buff skilling exp?

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1 Ruse Can't buff skilling exp? 
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    15
    Thanks given
    0
    Thanks received
    0
    Rep Power
    11
    Hey guys, trying to adjust the rate of exp for skilling. Here is the code in Skill.java, Now whenever I adjust the numbers it doesn't do anything in-game? Thanks in advance!

    /**
    * This enum contains data used as constants for skill configurations
    * such as experience rates, string id's for interface updating.
    * @author Gabriel Hannason
    */
    public enum Skill {

    ATTACK(6247, 1, 0),
    DEFENCE(6253, 1, 6),
    STRENGTH(6206, 1, 3),
    CONSTITUTION(6216, 3, 1),
    RANGED(4443, 2, 9),
    PRAYER(6242, 6, 12),
    MAGIC(6211, 2, 15),
    COOKING(6226, 1, 11),
    WOODCUTTING(4272, 1, 17),
    FLETCHING(6231, 2, 16),
    FISHING(6258, 1, 8),
    FIREMAKING(4282, 2, 14),
    CRAFTING(6263, 4, 13),
    SMITHING(6221, 7, 5),
    MINING(4416, 3, 2),
    HERBLORE(6237, 4, 7),
    AGILITY(4277, 3, 20),
    THIEVING(4261, 1, 10),
    SLAYER(12122, 6, 19),
    FARMING(5267, 4, 20),
    RUNECRAFTING(4267, 3, 18),
    CONSTRUCTION(7267, 3, 21),
    HUNTER(8267, 3, 22),
    SUMMONING(9267, 5, 23),
    DUNGEONEERING(10267, 5, 24);
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Rune-Server Affiliate

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,843
    Thanks given
    1,188
    Thanks received
    1,581
    Rep Power
    5000
    adjust it in SkillManager.addExperience method, there are bunch of modifiers in that method already just copy one of them
    [Today 01:29 AM] RSTrials: Nice 0.97 Win/Loss Ratio luke. That's pretty bad.
    [Today 01:30 AM] Luke132: Ok u fucking moron i forgot i could influence misc.random
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    15
    Thanks given
    0
    Thanks received
    0
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak View Post
    adjust it in SkillManager.addExperience method, there are bunch of modifiers in that method already just copy one of them
    These? /**
    * Custom skill multipliers
    * @return multiplier.
    */
    public int getExperienceMultiplier() {
    switch(this) {
    case ATTACK:
    return ATTACK_MODIFIER;
    case DEFENCE:
    return DEFENCE_MODIFIER;
    case STRENGTH:
    return STRENGTH_MODIFIER;
    case CONSTITUTION:
    return CONSTITUTION_MODIFIER;
    case RANGED:
    return RANGED_MODIFIER;
    case PRAYER:
    return PRAYER_MODIFIER;
    case MAGIC:
    return MAGIC_MODIFIER;
    default:
    return 1;
    }
    }

    public static final int ATTACK_MODIFIER = 230;
    public static final int DEFENCE_MODIFIER = 230;
    public static final int STRENGTH_MODIFIER = 230;
    public static final int CONSTITUTION_MODIFIER = 190;
    public static final int RANGED_MODIFIER = 260;
    public static final int PRAYER_MODIFIER = 50;
    public static final int MAGIC_MODIFIER = 290;
    }
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Rune-Server Affiliate

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,843
    Thanks given
    1,188
    Thanks received
    1,581
    Rep Power
    5000
    Quote Originally Posted by Exciting View Post
    These? /**
    * Custom skill multipliers
    * @return multiplier.
    */
    public int getExperienceMultiplier() {
    switch(this) {
    case ATTACK:
    return ATTACK_MODIFIER;
    case DEFENCE:
    return DEFENCE_MODIFIER;
    case STRENGTH:
    return STRENGTH_MODIFIER;
    case CONSTITUTION:
    return CONSTITUTION_MODIFIER;
    case RANGED:
    return RANGED_MODIFIER;
    case PRAYER:
    return PRAYER_MODIFIER;
    case MAGIC:
    return MAGIC_MODIFIER;
    default:
    return 1;
    }
    }

    public static final int ATTACK_MODIFIER = 230;
    public static final int DEFENCE_MODIFIER = 230;
    public static final int STRENGTH_MODIFIER = 230;
    public static final int CONSTITUTION_MODIFIER = 190;
    public static final int RANGED_MODIFIER = 260;
    public static final int PRAYER_MODIFIER = 50;
    public static final int MAGIC_MODIFIER = 290;
    }
    I guess
    [Today 01:29 AM] RSTrials: Nice 0.97 Win/Loss Ratio luke. That's pretty bad.
    [Today 01:30 AM] Luke132: Ok u fucking moron i forgot i could influence misc.random
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    no


    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    583
    Thanks given
    97
    Thanks received
    80
    Rep Power
    210
    Don't listen to the author tags, in ruse Skill.java has nothing to do with skilling experience rates. There are some constants at the bottom that have an "experience multiplier", but the only place where that method is even called is in CombatFactory.java and its in relation to combat experience (Constitution and Magic). Each skill has a seperate file named similarly to what you would expect to find in it and most of them have an enum with specific experience rates. For example, to change firemaking experience rates you would go to LogData.java and you might see something like this
    Code:
    LOG(1511, 1, 2125, 40),
    with the 2125 being the experience you gain. The "correct way" would be to go through each file and individually change the xp rates for each action. Then in SkillManager.java you can create a general multiplier. Like if you had an "extreme" player and you want them to have 10% of the experience of normal players, then the only thing you would need to do is
    Code:
    if(player.getGameMode() == GameMode.EXTREME) exp *= .10;
    or something along those lines. If you want to be lazy and assume that the person who used the source before you had everything set up perfectly, then you can just use a general multiplier applied to all skills so if you want to increase the xp rate of all skills then exp *= 1.50 for 50% experience increase
    Best excuse for scamming i've gotten yet

    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    15
    Thanks given
    0
    Thanks received
    0
    Rep Power
    11
    I'll have to try this out thank you!

    Quote Originally Posted by Goody View Post
    Don't listen to the author tags, in ruse Skill.java has nothing to do with skilling experience rates. There are some constants at the bottom that have an "experience multiplier", but the only place where that method is even called is in CombatFactory.java and its in relation to combat experience (Constitution and Magic). Each skill has a seperate file named similarly to what you would expect to find in it and most of them have an enum with specific experience rates. For example, to change firemaking experience rates you would go to LogData.java and you might see something like this
    Code:
    LOG(1511, 1, 2125, 40),
    with the 2125 being the experience you gain. The "correct way" would be to go through each file and individually change the xp rates for each action. Then in SkillManager.java you can create a general multiplier. Like if you had an "extreme" player and you want them to have 10% of the experience of normal players, then the only thing you would need to do is
    Code:
    if(player.getGameMode() == GameMode.EXTREME) exp *= .10;
    or something along those lines. If you want to be lazy and assume that the person who used the source before you had everything set up perfectly, then you can just use a general multiplier applied to all skills so if you want to increase the xp rate of all skills then exp *= 1.50 for 50% experience increase
    Reply With Quote  
     


Thread Information
Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-01-2009, 04:55 PM
  2. A Thorough Tutorial On Editing Skill Exp [REQ]
    By Go_Siik in forum Requests
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-06-2009, 07:22 PM
  3. Editing Skill Exp?
    By Go_Siik in forum Requests
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-04-2009, 08:42 PM
  4. Skill exp
    By Muroth in forum Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-02-2009, 07:48 PM
  5. set skill exp & level [508]
    By veer in forum RS 503+ Client & Server
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-31-2008, 06:42 PM
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •