Thread: Looking for a good Beginner Source! =)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1 Looking for a good Beginner Source! =) 
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    9
    Thanks given
    0
    Thanks received
    0
    Rep Power
    0
    Hello!

    As the Title already says: I'm looking for a beginner friendly source.

    I also would appreicate it if i can get some help or tipps and tricks - Maybe even trough skype?



    ~ Quitbow
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    179
    Thanks given
    20
    Thanks received
    52
    Rep Power
    0
    best of luck finding something to your liking!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    9
    Thanks given
    0
    Thanks received
    0
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by OConnor View Post
    best of luck finding something to your liking!
    Thank you!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    53
    Thanks given
    4
    Thanks received
    0
    Rep Power
    11
    Do you want to learn or to edit perfectly good server and run it as ur own and host etc...???
    if your not looking for finished server i suggest you using a source with as small work done as possible. You will get to know that server very easily, once you know what file what does youll be able to add ur own stuff in no time, on the other hand if you download server with alot of content, you wont be able to do anything as learning what does what will take ages and in the end you just gonna learn how to add npc drops, how to spawn them maby objects but nothing of ur own, so.
    WildernessReLoaded
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    9
    Thanks given
    0
    Thanks received
    0
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by elite warior View Post
    Do you want to learn or to edit perfectly good server and run it as ur own and host etc...???
    if your not looking for finished server i suggest you using a source with as small work done as possible. You will get to know that server very easily, once you know what file what does youll be able to add ur own stuff in no time, on the other hand if you download server with alot of content, you wont be able to do anything as learning what does what will take ages and in the end you just gonna learn how to add npc drops, how to spawn them maby objects but nothing of ur own, so.

    I want to get into coding. I want to dig as deep as possible into rsps coding. I do not want to host a server my own. I simply want to get some knowledge on rsps coding and get better and better over time.
    I would like to look at a finish server and a clean server of the same source, so i can see how people code what, which methode they use etc etc etc.

    Ofc it shouldnt be to hard since im a beginner. (I know how to run a server and client "YAAAY" x'D)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    53
    Thanks given
    4
    Thanks received
    0
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Quitbow View Post
    I want to get into coding. I want to dig as deep as possible into rsps coding. I do not want to host a server my own. I simply want to get some knowledge on rsps coding and get better and better over time.
    I would like to look at a finish server and a clean server of the same source, so i can see how people code what, which methode they use etc etc etc.

    Ofc it shouldnt be to hard since im a beginner. (I know how to run a server and client "YAAAY" x'D)
    then try to download blank runesource and revival rs not good base but it can be ur play thing, once you able to creat revival rs look-alike from blank runesource move to a better source like hyperion or any other new OP sources etc and do real work here from what you learned, just personal opinion, im not a programmer but i have a feeling you would do wthat i think i would like to, here might be other better not so funny ways to
    BTW before starting to do anythin here learn about 317 protocol [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] usefull to know if you want to make a server
    WildernessReLoaded
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    What's a sundial in the shade?
    Lumiere's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Age
    21
    Posts
    525
    Thanks given
    203
    Thanks received
    85
    Rep Power
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by Quitbow View Post
    I want to get into coding. I want to dig as deep as possible into rsps coding. I do not want to host a server my own. I simply want to get some knowledge on rsps coding and get better and better over time.
    I would like to look at a finish server and a clean server of the same source, so i can see how people code what, which methode they use etc etc etc.

    Ofc it shouldnt be to hard since im a beginner. (I know how to run a server and client "YAAAY" x'D)
    Well, starting with PI, you're going to learn poor implementation, execution, and conventions.

    Something you should keep in mind this is "Programming in Java", not "RSPS Coding".
    There's many things I could say about this, and many ways I could word said statements..
    But the point I'm trying to make is simply that; it wouldn't be wise to revolve your experience/want to learn around the RSPS scene.
    It's a nice hobby to have, but learning purely from what you see in an RSPS is not the way to go about learning Java.

    EDIT: If you want something bare-bones with good implementation/execution, to learn and develop with(despite what I've said), look no further than Apollo.
    Also, posting snippets, bits of code, really LOOKING for feedback is a great way to learn. Some critique is harsh, but I promise you learn from it.

    I started posting on this forum learning to program without even the slightest clue how most data types work.
    Learning what I have was no easy feat, and didn't happen over-night, you really have to put your time into it.
    Take the time to really read and absorb the information given to you in tutorials and critique.

    Best of luck!

    Spoiler for Revy is perfect:
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. Thankful user:


  9. #8  
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    9
    Thanks given
    0
    Thanks received
    0
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by elite warior View Post
    then try to download blank runesource and revival rs not good base but it can be ur play thing, once you able to creat revival rs look-alike from blank runesource move to a better source like hyperion or any other new OP sources etc and do real work here from what you learned, just personal opinion, im not a programmer but i have a feeling you would do wthat i think i would like to, here might be other better not so funny ways to
    BTW before starting to do anythin here learn about 317 protocol [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] usefull to know if you want to make a server
    Thank you for the link, ill read it and try to understand =)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    Well, starting with PI, you're going to learn poor implementation, execution, and conventions.

    Something you should keep in mind this is "Programming in Java", not "RSPS Coding".
    There's many things I could say about this, and many ways I could word said statements..
    But the point I'm trying to make is simply that; it wouldn't be wise to revolve your experience/want to learn around the RSPS scene.
    It's a nice hobby to have, but learning purely from what you see in an RSPS is not the way to go about learning Java.

    EDIT: If you want something bare-bones with good implementation/execution, to learn and develop with(despite what I've said), look no further than Apollo.
    Also, posting snippets, bits of code, really LOOKING for feedback is a great way to learn. Some critique is harsh, but I promise you learn from it.

    I started posting on this forum learning to program without even the slightest clue how most data types work.
    Learning what I have was no easy feat, and didn't happen over-night, you really have to put your time into it.
    Take the time to really read and absorb the information given to you in tutorials and critique.

    Best of luck!
    So first of all: ty for teaching me what it actually is. Java coding - ok!

    I've downloaded a PI source and already managed to run it. - [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Thank you for giving me some nice advices, really appreciated!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9  
    Developer

    Tesla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    547
    Thanks given
    433
    Thanks received
    323
    Rep Power
    722
    Quote Originally Posted by Quitbow View Post
    I've downloaded a PI source and already managed to run it. - [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    He said not to use PI - PI has poor implementations and is not something you should use to learn to code; you will pick up bad habits.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Some interesting Runescape/RSPS related threads:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    My projects:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxe View Post
    weird system, normal people using spawnconfig.cfg?
    Quote Originally Posted by Andys1814 View Post
    rune-server is a big circle jerk around the user "Graham."
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    9
    Thanks given
    0
    Thanks received
    0
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    He said not to use PI - PI has poor implementations and is not something you should use to learn to code; you will pick up bad habits.
    "facepalm" i skipped 'poor' , ty for telling me
    Reply With Quote  
     

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information
Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-31-2016, 08:19 AM
  2. looking for a good 614 source
    By Jazok in forum Requests
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-10-2012, 06:08 AM
  3. Looking for a good starting source
    By vial in forum Requests
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-12-2012, 01:57 AM
  4. looking for a good PI source
    By Scenemo in forum Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-17-2011, 03:09 AM
  5. Looking for a good starter source
    By 1337 king in forum Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-24-2009, 06:01 PM
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •