Will be tuning in tonight, looks good!
I was originally part of the... "project" when Lation was involved.
I also left soon after he did. The main reason was, If i recall correctly, was due to the main developer (whose name I cannot even recall) didn't actually care of adding in new exciting content or focusing on differentiating from SoulPlay. He was more focused on just capitalizing on the previous success of the source and doing so rapidly as opposed to taking his time with it. Now, whilst there is no issue with what he is doing, I just couldn't be a part of something where the entire objective of the project was to make money as opposed to differentiate itself from other servers let alone something which is the exact same (mostly) as another active server. Bare in mind, that this was a while back, so they may have done more, but based on the lack of details/ new features mentioned, it would seem that not much has changed - if they want to prove me wrong, it would be nice to see new features and anything which differentiates from SoulPlay. They should also highlight these changes.
I will say that I had no personal qualms with most of the team, seemed like cool dudes for the large part (shoutout to Matt).
In regards to the actual thread advertisement, I would consider it pretty weak.
- The about us section seems to use a print-screen version of the website for its background, and no idea why the logo was included and blurred out like that.
- Not entirely sure why Grand Exchange is a key feature, if this was 2012, I may have understood. Especially when you're only highlighting 6 key features.
- In the limited media that you have shown, Godwars and Clan Chat are in there, two features which practically every 317 has.
- No credits were given to people who helped with the server - such as myself for your designing your entire website design, omni/me for the logo, thread layout, Launcher (if you intend/are using what I made).
- Lack of information on updates and alternative media.
Perhaps focus less on the lack of YouTubers you're unable to get and pay some more attention on promoting your advertisement thread. I would suspect that Rune-Server provides a pretty good conversion rate.
P.S. Conversion rate would be good if your website wasn't down either, as it has been for a while now, and especially when you're 45 minutes away from Launch. If your intention was to "hide" it, then you did a poor job of that as well, as you probably should directed people visiting the site to your discord to await the launch.
All in all, Best of luck.
|« Intensity-PS, a brand new Oldschool/Pre-EoC RSPS. | Dodian.net | Modernizing Nostalgia »|
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)