It's somewhat similar to the third person play now my 742 server has, however I've been working on taking it much further to make it more ideal to actually use.
- W for forward, A-D sidestep, S backstep: all based on your camera angle
- Player update sent 4 times a second for better response and update time.
- You can now view different angles of your character when not moving, where previously your character always faced forward.
- Tiles are broken down into 0.25 of what they were, so each tile has 4 different places you can travel on.
- When moving in one direction, centers you to the closest tile for visual clipping purposes if you're close to an object.
- Actual clipping correct (visually mostly as well)
- Nearly all handled server-side
- Multiplayer ready
- Better precision with movement (deeper decimal points per tile for more slight directional differences). May not be needed though.
Better support with click to move while using this game mode.
- Improve visual clipping a bit more when off center on a tile and too close to an object.
- When you push a key to move, make your player start to and then sync it between the server and client to make movement feel instant instead of a slight delay depending on ping for the server-client communication to actually tell the client you can move.
Improve accuracy with rotating the player the same time your player changes direction slightly Finish up running
Direction update (video outdated now): player direction is no longer based on your exact camera angle and also doesn't use the client's original pre-defined directions depending on your walk angle. It instead calculates the angle your player faces based on your exact moving direction. Basically simulates the click-to-move direction handling, only down to a finer detail for the partial tile movements.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Player located non-center of a tile
How's the performance?
I don't understand why you'd need to send the same thing 4 times..Originally Posted by ThePalidino;4964232[*
And since you said a second I guess this means you're branching off with the 600 millisecond cycle
|« 530 Construction | Dynamic particles for dungeoneering cape »|
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
|Tags for this Thread|