Thread: [667/OSRS] Nalore - The Most Ambitious Pre-EOC/OSRS Hybrid

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 155
  1. #51  
    Registered Member
    Akimbo Azure's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    228
    Thanks given
    287
    Thanks received
    106
    Rep Power
    432
    Really looking to see more from this, you got me really interested by the media
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. Thankful users:


  3. #52  
    Registered Member
    Dread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    40
    Thanks given
    16
    Thanks received
    91
    Discord
    View profile
    Rep Power
    300
    I've just recently implemented a Kotlin DSL for drop tables to assist in the development of NPC drops. The design for this API was taken from an implementation that Scu11 has previously shown, and I thought it worked out quite well, so all credits to the idea are to him. These drop tables have access to the current mob that is dying, and as well as the killer, which allows for dynamic drops based on that state (such as if an NPC is in the wilderness, or if the player has a defender in their inventory then we should give them the next available one). This also has support for shared and nested drop tables as you can see with the herb drops:




    I've also recently begun rewriting the networking of Arios to make use of Netty and coroutine contexts where appropriate. Incoming and outgoing messages are defined as Protobuf messages, with their encoding details and ordering built into the message as field annotations. This allows us to autogenerate both the structure and the codec of a message without cluttering up the server's code. Of course this solution isn't perfect and there is still some exploration required for more complex messages such as GPI, but for now I think it serves as a good starting point.


    Reply With Quote  
     


  4. #53  




    Scu11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    16,200
    Thanks given
    7,190
    Thanks received
    12,176
    Discord
    View profile
    Rep Power
    5000
    Quote Originally Posted by chaflie View Post
    let me know if u figure out how to get the characters on this interface to show the correct weapons, e.g. the woodcutting guy is meant to hold an axe - i couldn't figure out the weapons its meant to show u holding, i presume theyre just null placeholder items somewhere

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]



    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #54  
    west coast pheromones

    chaflie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,090
    Thanks given
    1,576
    Thanks received
    1,920
    Discord
    View profile
    Rep Power
    5000
    Quote Originally Posted by Scu11 View Post
    let me know if u figure out how to get the characters on this interface to show the correct weapons, e.g. the woodcutting guy is meant to hold an axe - i couldn't figure out the weapons its meant to show u holding, i presume theyre just null placeholder items somewhere
    Will do I noticed that too, and I also have a current issue where when it’s “refreshing” the model, it causes it to flicker. Might be an appearance issue on our end as I continue to get it sorted, but let me know if you have any insight as well!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #55  




    Scu11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    16,200
    Thanks given
    7,190
    Thanks received
    12,176
    Discord
    View profile
    Rep Power
    5000
    Quote Originally Posted by chaflie View Post
    Will do I noticed that too, and I also have a current issue where when it’s “refreshing” the model, it causes it to flicker. Might be an appearance issue on our end as I continue to get it sorted, but let me know if you have any insight as well!
    cant say ive experienced that. my only advice is to look at the cs2 functions, theres like 10 of them that are utilised on that interface. similarly you should utilise all the enums that those cs2 scripts do, and itll save you duplicating loads of configuration (e.g. the mappings of the styles/colors)

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]



    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. Thankful user:


  8. #56  
    west coast pheromones

    chaflie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,090
    Thanks given
    1,576
    Thanks received
    1,920
    Discord
    View profile
    Rep Power
    5000
    Quote Originally Posted by Scu11 View Post
    cant say ive experienced that. my only advice is to look at the cs2 functions, theres like 10 of them that are utilised on that interface. similarly you should utilise all the enums that those cs2 scripts do, and itll save you duplicating loads of configuration (e.g. the mappings of the styles/colors)
    Ahh that's good information to have. It's hardcoded at the moment, but I'll take a look, thanks mate!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #57  
    Aldor Manager


    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,131
    Thanks given
    155
    Thanks received
    206
    Rep Power
    206
    Quote Originally Posted by chaflie View Post
    Ahh that's good information to have. It's hardcoded at the moment, but I'll take a look, thanks mate!
    The flickering will only happen with ur loading arms from other cs2

    Because sometimes u dont need data from cs2(arms) for the arms cause its loaded from body cs2(body)

    Bad in explaining add me on discord and I will show u tomorrow night.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Respect goes to everyone as he deserves.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. Thankful users:


  11. #58  
    touched like seafood
    Tyluur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,877
    Thanks given
    1,692
    Thanks received
    1,584
    Discord
    View profile
    Rep Power
    1413
    Quote Originally Posted by _Jamal View Post
    The flickering will only happen with ur loading arms from other cs2

    Because sometimes u dont need data from cs2(arms) for the arms cause its loaded from body cs2(body)

    Bad in explaining add me on discord and I will show u tomorrow night.
    Release a snipet!
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Keep trying. Quitting is the only true failure.
    Spoiler for skrrrrr:



Reply With Quote  
 

  • #59  
    west coast pheromones

    chaflie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,090
    Thanks given
    1,576
    Thanks received
    1,920
    Discord
    View profile
    Rep Power
    5000
    Just a few visual updates today! I've managed to get the OSRS Context Menus (with support for switching back to the 667 context menus) and the OSRS login box added. Here's some sneak-peekery!



    Reply With Quote  
     

  • #60  
    what the dog doin

    mikan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    938
    Thanks given
    707
    Thanks received
    747
    Discord
    View profile
    Rep Power
    4941
    Quote Originally Posted by chaflie View Post
    Just a few visual updates today! I've managed to get the OSRS Context Menus (with support for switching back to the 667 context menus) and the OSRS login box added. Here's some sneak-peekery!



    so lovely, please keep working on this
    Reply With Quote  
     

  • Thankful user:


  • Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

    Thread Information
    Users Browsing this Thread

    There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)


    User Tag List

    Similar Threads

    1. [317] ✦ Ruse - The revival | Pre-EOC & OSRS ✦
      By Ruse PS in forum Advertise
      Replies: 94
      Last Post: 03-09-2021, 08:41 PM
    2. Replies: 15
      Last Post: 06-05-2016, 03:48 PM
    3. Replies: 53
      Last Post: 05-11-2016, 10:51 AM
    4. Legendary Forums The next best pre-eoc private server
      By Powerlvlfish in forum Advertise
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 01-03-2014, 07:23 PM
    5. Rune - One of the most ambitious projects ever
      By Runers in forum Advertise
      Replies: 67
      Last Post: 11-09-2013, 11:39 PM
    Posting Permissions
    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •