Thread: Void - 634

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 40 of 40
  1. #31  
    Registered MrClassic

    MrClassic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,968
    Thanks given
    17,079
    Thanks received
    412
    Rep Power
    5000
    Amazing work on the bot Greg! Can't wait for the finished project
    Thanks, MrClassic.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #32  
    Contributor

    clem585's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    3,566
    Thanks given
    662
    Thanks received
    643
    Discord
    View profile
    Rep Power
    406
    Great work, looking forward to seeing how far you can take this
    Project thread
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #33  
    Registered Member
    Spyr0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,987
    Thanks given
    398
    Thanks received
    280
    Discord
    View profile
    Rep Power
    305
    Good luck.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #34  
    OS FATALITY Manager 10pages's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    29
    Thanks given
    194
    Thanks received
    12
    Discord
    View profile
    Rep Power
    36
    Nice.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #35  
    touched like seafood
    Tyluur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,856
    Thanks given
    1,683
    Thanks received
    1,577
    Discord
    View profile
    Rep Power
    1438
    Quote Originally Posted by MrClassic View Post
    Amazing work on the bot Greg! Can't wait for the finished project
    I don't think he'll ever be finished
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (official dog of rune-server)
    Quote Originally Posted by blakeman8192 View Post
    Keep trying. Quitting is the only true failure.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. Thankful user:


  7. #36  
    Registered MrClassic

    MrClassic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,968
    Thanks given
    17,079
    Thanks received
    412
    Rep Power
    5000
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyluur View Post
    I don't think he'll ever be finished
    I am thrilled about 3 project but yeah, 90% doesnt get finished
    Thanks, MrClassic.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #37  
    Renown Programmer
    Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,142
    Thanks given
    236
    Thanks received
    821
    Discord
    View profile
    Rep Power
    1600
    "Video games are never finished, only abandoned." - Leonardo da Vinci

    6:16 because not only is video game discourse broken, but so are rune-server embeds and hyperlinks.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. Thankful user:


  10. #38  
    Renown Programmer
    Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,142
    Thanks given
    236
    Thanks received
    821
    Discord
    View profile
    Rep Power
    1600
    A little bit of progress this month, added shops interface; item info, samples, currencies, restocking, all the standard stuff and then support for the bots to buy and sell hatchets depending on their woodcutting level.

    I also expanded out bots navigation system to support multiple areas, allowing it to choose which groups of trees to go cut, it works but it's a bit derpy and has zero patience; running between two groups of tree's until they regrow, although this is technically optimal you wouldn't see real players act like this so it'll need some tweaking in the future.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    I'm still not 100% sold on the type of AI I've implemented, it works well at being adaptable and reactive but lacks in the long term planning department, I'm still deciding whether each player bot should be completely independent or if having a global "Director" to give goals and keep them all doing the same tasks at once would be a better idea.

    Added [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] triggered by map locations because musics nice and I just felt like it, makes the game feel more complete



    A little bit of spring cleaning too, refactoring and simplifying some general systems and then I changed up all the configuration file loaders to support reloading on the fly to make adding content quicker and easier down the line.

    Next steps I expect will be expanding out the content to other skills and refining the ai to suit
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. Thankful users:


  12. #39  
    touched like seafood
    Tyluur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,856
    Thanks given
    1,683
    Thanks received
    1,577
    Discord
    View profile
    Rep Power
    1438
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    A little bit of progress this month, added shops interface; item info, samples, currencies, restocking, all the standard stuff and then support for the bots to buy and sell hatchets depending on their woodcutting level.

    I also expanded out bots navigation system to support multiple areas, allowing it to choose which groups of trees to go cut, it works but it's a bit derpy and has zero patience; running between two groups of tree's until they regrow, although this is technically optimal you wouldn't see real players act like this so it'll need some tweaking in the future.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    I'm still not 100% sold on the type of AI I've implemented, it works well at being adaptable and reactive but lacks in the long term planning department, I'm still deciding whether each player bot should be completely independent or if having a global "Director" to give goals and keep them all doing the same tasks at once would be a better idea.

    Added [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] triggered by map locations because musics nice and I just felt like it, makes the game feel more complete



    A little bit of spring cleaning too, refactoring and simplifying some general systems and then I changed up all the configuration file loaders to support reloading on the fly to make adding content quicker and easier down the line.

    Next steps I expect will be expanding out the content to other skills and refining the ai to suit
    Good stuff Greg =] keep it up!

    It's been a while since I looked at the shop interface - is there a client functionality to change the shop currency from coins?
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (official dog of rune-server)
    Quote Originally Posted by blakeman8192 View Post
    Keep trying. Quitting is the only true failure.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #40  
    nice


    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    667
    Thanks given
    292
    Thanks received
    343
    Discord
    View profile
    Rep Power
    2952
    great updates
    Reply With Quote  
     

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information
Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)


User Tag List

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 04-19-2008, 05:48 AM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-13-2007, 06:47 PM
  3. Rune-Void v2.0 No Hamachi
    By haz425 in forum RS2 Server
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-11-2007, 05:28 PM
  4. adding a void for runecrafting
    By fabjan in forum Tutorials
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-20-2007, 06:08 PM
  5. Message to Mods and Admins Void!
    By Pkitten in forum Tutorials
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-14-2007, 10:31 PM
Tags for this Thread

View Tag Cloud

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •