The plan right now is just to work on this while I learn more and more about programming, if I get it in to a good state I will either host it for others to play or release it for educational purposes!
I'm slowly updating NBX with a lot of things you can find in my recent post history, some of which are great tools that I created in such a way that its much easier to pick up and use than some other gui-less tools.
Public test is on the horizon, I have a a lot of networking issues and a bit of performance issues.
- I will be releasing the next 2 listed updates soonish, I just have to strip them down and remove info about other things I want to release.
- Laid the foundation for a new way of handling Rights (now called Ranks)
- Ranks are now handled much better internally using Classes rather than just 1 number.
- Ranks now have a chat icon connected to them. This allows you to easily change chat icons for ranks, as well as minimizes icon mistakes for thins like yells.
- Ranks are NOT stored in the players save, they are based on Username for Staff and Amount Donated (stored in separate server) for Donator.
- Seamless Rank creation
- Laid the foundation for a new way of handling Commands (now called actions)
- Actions can have multiple names without creating extra instances of the Action for each name
- Actions are executed in the context of a Player.
- Actions can be restricted to Donator AND Staff ranks at the same time.
- Actions are first class citizens (lambdas).
- Actions can take anywhere from 0 to 22 parameters of any type!
- If there are multiple actions that match the given action name in ActionMap, the first action which exactly matches the given parameters (parameter amount and parameter types) will be used.
- Drop Tables server sided all converted to the latest version of DropTable!
- Limited tester feedback has provided that the permanently enabled tables (food and ammo) are lacking, amounts have been upped a bit and some juicy uber rare brackets have been added.
Spoiler for images:
A note on the new item effects. As I have stated in previous posts related to balance changes, I want there to be a choice of gear you can choose from rather than the most expensive gear. The main content changes coming from this decision are: Stat changes and Item Effects that are more specific to a playstyle.
UPDATE. NO NEW MEDIA THIS TIME AROUND
- Actions now perform a bit better
- Actions are now being used for more than just commands. Their uses are being widened to more of a generic use when involving 1 player e.g. giving a player an item or sending the player a global message.
- ActionMap now cries when you have 2 actions with overlapping aliases and identical signuatures. e.g. 2 commands that have an alias as "kick" and take 1 argument, a Player, will trigger this.
- Kontainer (inventory, bank, etc) are being rewritten AGAIN. But better this time rather than a near exact java to kotlin port of the old shitty Container
- Better performance and better functionality are the main goals
- Added (item, slot) verification functions to reduce the amount of packet fraud (cheats).
- Looking in to coroutines to handle stuff.
- More player related things are flagged server side now so the server doesnt have to update them every tick, only when they are flagged.
- Dice rolls now use different chat that can be differentiated from regular chat (can have all caps without periods).
- Dice roll now mutes player chat for 2 ticks.
- Just dice bag (the one with no dice) allows you to specify a maximum roll. This roll maximum will be included in your force chat message.
- The following gear will have a demo video next update post, I have to work some of the many kinks in the current combat system first. They kinda work right now but I want them to work work before I show them off!
- New Zerker\Ranged Voider bow
- Name: Magic Reflex Bow
- Stats: 77 Ranged Attack, +6 Slash Defence, +5 Ranged Defence, +6 Magic Defence, +7 Ranged Strength, 5 Speed\Longsword
- Requires 65 Ranged, 40 Defence.
- Special attack (Accurate, 60%): Your next attack has 20% increased accuracy, 10% increased damage from Ranged Strength and also scales with 33% of Current Strength level.
- Special attack (Rapid, 65%): Instant Magic Shortbow special attack.
- Special attack (Longrange, 70%): Your next attack deals 66% of the attack's damage every 2nd tick thrice (tick 66% tick 66% tick 66%)
- Placeholder model: Pink Seercull.
- New Melee Cape
- Name: Cape of Dispersion
- Stats: +2 Melee Attack, -4 Ranged and Mage Attack, +10 Stab Defence, +12 Slash Defence, +15 Crush Defence, +9 Ranged Defence, +10 Magic Defence, -1 Prayer, -4 Ranged Strength, -2% Magic Damage
- Effect: You take 60% of the attacks damage on the current tick and the next tick.
- Does not apply on already spread damage. e.g. Magic Reflex Bow Longrange spec, Morrigans Javelin spec, etc.
- Does apply on poison damage.
- Placeholder model: Black Cape of Legends
- This item is going to be EXTREMELY RARE because it essentially allows you to never take more than 450 damage in 1 tick in single combat.
- New Utility Cape
- Name: Snakemaster's Cape
- Stats: +6 All Defence
- Effect: You cannot be poisoned while wearing this cape. Equipping the cape while poisoned will remove poison after 15 consecutive ticks the cape being equipped. You will be notified of removal by chat message
- Placeholder model: Obsidian Cape (Black/Red) -> (Dark Green/Yellow)
- New Ice Gloves
- Stats: +7 Melee Defence, +4 Ranged/Magic Defence
- Effect: If the gloves have been equipped for more than 2 ticks, successful damage on the wearer slows the enemy's attack speed by 1 tick for 20 ticks. Cannot happen again on the same target for 20 ticks AFTER the effect ends.
- Diagonal melee combat fixed
- Clicking an enemy while using range right after you attack no longer brings you in to melee range
- Initiating a player-follow during forced movement (e.g. wildy ditch) will no longer leave you stuck until you teleport. You now finish the movement first.
- The note button in the bank now stays visually "pressed" between bank sessions if you exit the bank session with note mode on.
- Player files no longer corrupt if you press log out during forced movement with a whip in your bank and weapon slot (honestly i dont fucking know)
- Yells no longer suppress case (you can do more than 1 capital letter before a period)
- Dice GFX are now specific per die (purple dice get the purple gfx, orange dice get the orange gfx etc)
- Dice no longer go 0 to X (0 to 6 for 6 sided die, 0 to 100 for percentile) but 1 to X.
- Being forcibly moved by an item (e.g. dice roll forces you to turn a random direction) during forced movement will no longer leave you stuck until you teleport. You now finish the movement first.
- Soulsplit no longer sets health to (health at last tick + soulsplit heal) on the next tick regardless of damage taken that tick under some very specifc null related circumstances.
- Leech prayers no longer have the leech values stack with eachother (3 leech prayers at the same time, each leech would leech 3x as much as it was supposed to).
- Drain prayers no longer drain YOUR stats and give the enemy the drained stats under very specific null related circumstances.
- Non top tier stat boost normal prayers now work
UPDATE, NO INGAME MEDIA
- Kontainer (inventory, bank, etc)
- Still not completely finished, sorting out some bugs before I replace the server's version with the standalone version and release it here.
- It's looking much friendlier to look at and use at a productivity standpoint, as well as a safe way to access the contents (ex: get function will return either Success with the item or Failure with the reason. No more nulls!
- Theres an unsafe way to access some of the basic functionality, but you will have to try catch and gather most of the information yourself!
- pics: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
- Actions now only allow Administrator and higher to bypass donation rank requirement
- Entity (BIG WIP)
- Entity is going to be the new hierarchy.
- Entity is the base Entity, Mob extends Entity, both NPC and Player extend Mob, Bot extends NPC and Player.
- ItemScout (HUGE WIP, PROVISIONAL)
- ItemScout is an Item Tracking service that keeps track of what items have been spawned, what activity they were spawned from, how many were spawned and where they are.
- The main goal of ItemScout is to track items generated by bugs and exploits by comparing data generated on item spawn to data the developer sets as normal bounds. ItemScout will be given permission to flag (and if necessary) temporarily suspend an account if it detects repeated exploitation by that account. ItemScout will be given permission to flag an activity as possibly exploitable and backlog rewards for that activity until a developer can fix it. When a developer fixes possible exploits, all backlogged rewards will be given out.
- ItemScout is an extremely provisional experimental service that will be used as a measure for automatically stopping exploitation of bugs before they can wreak havoc on an economy.
- Reduced ItemDefinition serialization size by ~41% while retaining all relevant information and adding some information not included like opponotes, item slots and high alch price (low alch and base store price can be calculated from high alch)
- New ItemDefinition format also reduced load times by ~20% (80-90ms -> 60-65ms for ~20200 items)
|« 💥 Oldschool Smite - A Quality Emulation | Hestia »|
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)