There are several aims of this project;
- To fill a void in the market for a heavily PvP focused RS3 Server.
- To have and forge MORE content that are often found in other successful MMORPG's of this generation. (IE: Open World PvP with the use of a flagging system, much like Black Desert Online. Castle Sieges Events, much like Revelation Online.)
- To finally once and for all 'evolve' the combat once more; POINT and CLICK, the way Runescape was SUPPOSED to be played!
- To be able to have players using their brains to think of various combat builds like people did back in the RS2 days.
- To make all players of any Combat feel viable, pures, or not; almost every spawn server I've played, I have seen nothing but mains for two reasons, either you had the ::max command (and sometimes ::pure too, and they usually maxed you out with 1 defense), or you were automatically maxed out. No! Stop! What made RS2 fun was that there was players of ANY combat level fighting within their Wilderness differences. Exp rates are also slightly to blame, so the rates will be steady!
In addendum; game modes we've made like the Castle Siege Events (Which will include more than one castle) is made for anyone for any combat level, not just mains! The way the "Level Tier System" works is discussed in the #dev_diaries channel of our discord.
- To be able to make a Spawn4Essentials & Spawn2Buy all in one!
Spawn4Essentials: Being able to spawn things like a certain grade of Food(s)/Potion(s), gear for free, with absolutely no resale value. - Update: Most gear will be free, others will be stock price, else not sold at all. (Only applies to beta+)
Spawn2Buy: A concept conceived by a few servers, it's clever really, if you have the coin to spawn the item, are you willing to pay for it? - Update: ^, this is simply to give higher grade gear/food/potions/resources some worth to process for)
Given that there will be items you cannot do either for, they will generally be from special shops that require certain currencies acquired from events.
Gatherable resources will NOT be sold at all either.
- To be able to forge smaller communities within a community;
Having a server community is nice. But to have communities within them is alot more fun from my perspective. Clans that farm bosses in an Open-World PvP environment. Clans that prey on others given the risks of flagging are much greater.
Clans that focus on claiming Castles. Perhaps a united Skillers clan that avoids combat at all possible, and exiles the ones that participate? That is really up to you.
- To show others that even some core features RS3 currently has can always be improved.
- To allow others, among myself to do the things we used to do back in the day, re-imagined with far better visuals. That very thought back in 2007 'Imagine if Runescape had better graphics like WoW', becoming a reality.
- To have fun with this project overall.
Features so far:
- Purely Legacy Mode Combat with the formulas modified to balance it.
- A REAL Critical System, this includes Critical Chance % and Critical Damage %. Some gear has them incorporated already, such as the Full Void sets, Black/Slayer Masks (For Tasks only), Silver/Darklights for Demons, Balmung for Daggannoths, The Obsidian Ring for the Tzhaar monsters etc. All of these gears and more to come WILL benefit from these modifiers!
This also includes an, albeit small, a Critical Soaking system in place for PvP. Naturally, the higher your Defence, the less likely you will be Crit.
- Strength IMPACTS Your maximum hit! Yes, if you were unaware, in Legacy Mode, Strength did almost nothing to your Maximum hit if it went beyond your Tier Weapon Choice (Eg. Going above 90 Strength when using Noxious Scythe was pointless).
The gap from 90 to 99 may impact your max hit a little, but it SHOULD impact it than not at all! This has been implemented and adjusted accordingly.
- Critical Speech, not very often, but if you are lucky, you will hit your absolute max hit, the highest number you can ever hit. Once you hit that number, your character will yell out in power and awe of their awesomeness! HIYAH!
- Castle Siege Events; one location so far, more castles will be added. As far as my memory can recall, there are 10 Castles in total (Correct me if I'm wrong.) A manually activated event where entering the Castle boundaries, like the courtyard, will automatically flag you for PvP. The first six players to get 10 Kills in a row (As there are 6 tiers of Combat Levels, explained in our discord channel), will be able to climb the top of the castle and claim it for themselves. They will receive a temporary title; King/Queen of X. X being the location that the Castle is in, (Eg. Lumbridge). The current Kings/Queens will have their titles and ownerships of the Castles revoked indefinitely, as is to pave way for new rulers of their domains.
- Combat Dummies. Cause Why not? You do NOT get XP for killing one, so don't start scheming already haha.
- Safe Zones! For all of you people that own Tumblr accounts, this one is for you. You cannot flag for PvP within them, nor are you able to be attacked in them. Think of these zones as hubs. The main Safe Zone at the moment is the Lumbridge 'training grounds'. Has essentials like a bank and Combat Dummies, will put in more essentials like an Artefact Buyer, Deposit box and more.
- Custom 'Oh dear, you are dead!' messages. Sick of seeing that every single time? I know I am, it's how I picked up sarcasm when I was younger.
Have no fear, there are customised messages for when you die to a player, they even include who killed you. I may or may not include an option to where you are able to teleport directly to their WorlTile for a certain amount of time. To enact sweet sweet revenge. This will only apply to players that WEREN'T flagged for PvP at time of death.
- The ability to switch to Legacy and EoC Interfaces.
Yeah I know what you're thinking, you can do that anyway and keep Legacy Combat Mode on.
Yes, but NOT in the 830 revision. A bit of code tweaking was needed in order to make this happen, AND to make the EoC UI show the basic Legacy layout (Such as the Combat tab with your attack stances) while maintaining the EoC skin.
Spoiler for Media:
In closing, shortly I am planning to shift this project from the Embryonic stage unto the Alpha.
I intend ONLY in choosing the few that join the discord for further testing.
The Alpha will be a SpawnPk.
Administrators: -- / -- (Plan on having one cover a prime timezone, and the other cover the rest.)
Moderators: -- / -- / -- / -- (Plan on having two cover a prime timezone, and two cover the rest.)
Credits: The Entire Matrix Team and everybody else who had worked together to create the open source MX3 project.
Any questions? Feel free to ask.
You should just remove the actionbar interface then if you're planning to have legacy-ish combat.
OT: good luck.
Gl with this, but if people want to pk their just going to play a 317-718 server that doesn't have rs3 data.
good luck, not bad.
Looking forward to this, liking the progress so far!
Also was wondering why 830 and not 876.
|« 876 Archon | Learning Project| |  Celest - The latest revision before EOC »|
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)