Thread: 718/742 Source code help

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1 718/742 Source code help 
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5
    Thanks given
    0
    Thanks received
    3
    Rep Power
    0
    Hello,
    I have downloaded the Guardian 718/742 source code and client and just making my own server for my friends and myself but will be open for everyone when it is ready.
    I changed some of the dialogues and teleport options but came across that it was not changing to what I have changed it too.
    After some investigating found out that the class files for the dialogues I have changed are being created.

    Could someone please help me fix this issue so if I change anything that is not being created to not have the same issue.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Registered Member Shnek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    936
    Thanks given
    280
    Thanks received
    197
    Rep Power
    58
    Are you using an idee? (lik eclipse)


    Do not use the vps from ovh, blocking vps without reason and no customer support
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5
    Thanks given
    0
    Thanks received
    3
    Rep Power
    0
    Yes. Eclipse Jee Photon. with Java 1.8.0_181

    This is the compiler code and it works but does not fully work if you know what I means:
    Code:
    @echo off
    title Server Compiler
    echo starting...
    "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_181/bin/javac" -cp lib/*; -d bin -sourcepath src src/com/rs/*.java
    @pause
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Age
    22
    Posts
    301
    Thanks given
    131
    Thanks received
    88
    Rep Power
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by bblewittAG View Post
    Yes. Eclipse Jee Photon. with Java 1.8.0_181

    This is the compiler code and it works but does not fully work if you know what I means:
    Code:
    @echo off
    title Server Compiler
    echo starting...
    "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_181/bin/javac" -cp lib/*; -d bin -sourcepath src src/com/rs/*.java
    @pause
    If your using an IDE you shouldn't need a compiler.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    8
    Thanks given
    0
    Thanks received
    3
    Rep Power
    0
    If you're running it through the ide by running the main class, you won't need to compile it.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Mud On My Gucci

    _jordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    21
    Posts
    2,699
    Thanks given
    31
    Thanks received
    1,289
    Rep Power
    5000
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendDread View Post
    If your using an IDE you shouldn't need a compiler.
    the ide is a compiler.
    Power, Greed
    Money, Molly, Weed
    Percs, Xannys, Lean, Fame
    And the strongest drug of them all...

    Love.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5
    Thanks given
    0
    Thanks received
    3
    Rep Power
    0
    Okay well, it has been like 3 to 4 years since I did all this and from what I remembered compiler used to compile it and run for starting it up and then I use the eclipse to just as a text editor.
    if I delete the class files from the source and run the Launcher I get this Error but then I run the server though the bat file and it works.
    Code:
    GoldScape is starting up, please be patient...
    ERROR! THREAD NAME: main
    [Launcher] Failed starting Server Channel Handler. Shutting down...
    java.io.FileNotFoundException: data\cache\main_file_cache.dat2 (The system cannot find the path specified)
    	at java.io.RandomAccessFile.open0(Native Method)
    	at java.io.RandomAccessFile.open(Unknown Source)
    	at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
    	at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
    	at com.alex.store.Store.<init>(Store.java:25)
    	at com.alex.store.Store.<init>(Store.java:19)
    	at com.rs.cache.Cache.init(Cache.java:22)
    	at com.rs.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:64)
    Keep in mind I was testing to see if it created the class files so I did not have any of the com.rs class files.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Registered Member OblivionRSPS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    782
    Thanks given
    215
    Thanks received
    91
    Rep Power
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by bblewittAG View Post
    Okay well, it has been like 3 to 4 years since I did all this and from what I remembered compiler used to compile it and run for starting it up and then I use the eclipse to just as a text editor.
    if I delete the class files from the source and run the Launcher I get this Error but then I run the server though the bat file and it works.
    Code:
    GoldScape is starting up, please be patient...
    ERROR! THREAD NAME: main
    [Launcher] Failed starting Server Channel Handler. Shutting down...
    java.io.FileNotFoundException: data\cache\main_file_cache.dat2 (The system cannot find the path specified)
        at java.io.RandomAccessFile.open0(Native Method)
        at java.io.RandomAccessFile.open(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at com.alex.store.Store.<init>(Store.java:25)
        at com.alex.store.Store.<init>(Store.java:19)
        at com.rs.cache.Cache.init(Cache.java:22)
        at com.rs.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:64)
    Keep in mind I was testing to see if it created the class files so I did not have any of the com.rs class files.
    If you are using Eclipse then you don't need a compiler or a run.bat file. You can run your server with Eclipse and it compiles itself whenever u save a file.
    For example: you are making a custom system of something such as Yell, you go into commands.java and add a command for it. You save commands.java and tada, it compiles itself when you clicked on "save".

    Anyways, where is your cache located at? It should be located at yourserverfolder/data/cache

    *You can always PM me or add me on discord if you need some more help - Stieno#9297
    Reply With Quote  
     


Thread Information
Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-28-2013, 06:15 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-27-2013, 08:27 PM
  3. 718/742 - I NEED HELP WITH Random Logouts
    By Lost Redemption in forum Help
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-23-2013, 07:04 AM
  4. 718/742 client crash help
    By Justino689 in forum Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-02-2013, 10:20 AM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-08-2009, 04:12 AM
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •