Thread: Encoding custom texture

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1 Encoding custom texture 
    Banned

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,624
    Thanks given
    410
    Thanks received
    468
    Rep Power
    0
    Trying to add a custom texture to a 503+ client. Atm i can pull from any cache and use any texture but my real struggle atm is getting a sprite thats been modified in paint or photoshop encoded properly and render if added back to cache.

    Has anyone attempted and been successful?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    642
    Thanks given
    225
    Thanks received
    264
    Rep Power
    323
    So you managed to read any texture from any cache, but you can't encode a sprite?
    link removed
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Banned

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,624
    Thanks given
    410
    Thanks received
    468
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Slee View Post
    So you managed to read any texture from any cache, but you can't encode a sprite?
    I can add/remove/use any texture. My issue is adding a texture back to cache after editing, i need it encoded in .dat form after its been rotated in .png form.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    642
    Thanks given
    225
    Thanks received
    264
    Rep Power
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by trees View Post
    I can add/remove/use any texture. My issue is adding a texture back to cache after editing, i need it encoded in .dat form after its been rotated in .png form.
    So you can add a texture, but not write it to the cache? To what are you adding it then? A tool or something?
    link removed
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Banned

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,624
    Thanks given
    410
    Thanks received
    468
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Slee View Post
    So you can add a texture, but not write it to the cache? To what are you adding it then? A tool or something?
    I can write into cache, i have full control of that. I found a texture encoder that's ages old by bubletan/killer99, it just doesnt seem to do the trick.

    Encoder thats failing: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    To pack:
    Ive used harlans cache manager.
    Ive also used my own my own method for packing with MGI's tools.
    and ive tried with method i made below



    What happens is when the texture is in-game it that it just doesn't render. making the model invis, or just not rendering the texture at all with the model visible. Harlans packs well but the size is noticeably different, which makes me think the encoding of the texture.dat file is wrong. Packing it is not the issue, its unreadable by clients thats the issue.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    642
    Thanks given
    225
    Thanks received
    264
    Rep Power
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by trees View Post
    I can write into cache, i have full control of that. I found a texture encoder that's ages old by bubletan/killer99, it just doesnt seem to do the trick.

    Encoder thats failing: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    To pack:
    Ive used harlans cache manager.
    Ive also used my own my own method for packing with MGI's tools.
    and ive tried with method i made below



    What happens is when the texture is in-game it that it just doesn't render. making the model invis, or just not rendering the texture at all. Harlans packs well but the size is noticeably different, which makes me think the encoding of the texture.dat file is wrong. Packing it is not the issue, its unreadable by clients thats the issue.
    Okay so, these tools are meant to be used for RS2 caches, not 503+. But I'm pretty sure you knew that already. Let's get a few things straight first.

    You have a 464 cache with OSRS data while using a 530 client. Nobody here knows what kind of textures you have. So here's the question: what kind of textures do you have? 464 textures? 530 textures? OSRS textures?

    The format poesy777 posted is not from 530+. If you thought it was that easy, I can tell you it's not. 530 has 39 or 40 different texture types.
    Each one has its own class (Class3_Sub13 is the base class).

    As for 464, I have no idea what format they use. You're also in the wrong section for that. Same goes for OSRS.
    link removed
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Banned

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,624
    Thanks given
    410
    Thanks received
    468
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Slee View Post
    Okay so, these tools are meant to be used for RS2 caches, not 503+. But I'm pretty sure you knew that already. Let's get a few things straight first.

    You have a 464 cache with OSRS data while using a 530 client. Nobody here knows what kind of textures you have. So here's the question: what kind of textures do you have? 464 textures? 530 textures? OSRS textures?

    The format poesy777 posted is not from 530+. If you thought it was that easy, I can tell you it's not. 530 has 39 or 40 different texture types. Each one is located in it's own class (Class3_Sub13 is the base class).

    As for 464, I have no idea what format they use. You're also in the wrong section for that. Same goes for OSRS.
    The tools like harlans and my custom tools using openrs and mgi's shit actually work fine, i've tested that by dumping and repacking any already exiting texture.dat. Smite uses and reads old school textures, that i directly packed from the old school cache. The textures are packed and encoded already which is why they render.

    Literally the only issue is packing a texture that is currently in .png form, this isn't a buying thread buy if you think you can pack this to a cache for me to pull from or me to see how you did and it renders i'd be happy to compensate you. Appreciate the replies.

    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    642
    Thanks given
    225
    Thanks received
    264
    Rep Power
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by trees View Post
    The tools like harlans and my custom tools using openrs and mgi's shit actually work fine, i've tested that by dumping and repacking any already exiting texture.dat. Smite uses and reads old school textures, that i directly packed from the old school cache. The textures are packed and encoded already which is why they render.

    Literally the only issue is packing a texture that is currently in .png form, this isn't a buying thread buy if you think you can pack this to a cache for me to pull for me to see how and it renders i'd be happy to compensate you. Appreciate the replies.

    I'm not asking for any money (if you think that). I also have no knowledge about OSRS whatsoever. All I know is that they have 503+ cache format. Send me your .dat and cache. I'll give it a shot.
    link removed
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Banned

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,624
    Thanks given
    410
    Thanks received
    468
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Slee View Post
    I'm not asking for any money (if you think that). I also have no knowledge about OSRS whatsoever. All I know is that they have 503+ cache format. Send me your .dat and cache. I'll give it a shot.
    I've added textures from 546 and 600 not really limited to osrs afaik. I know they all render in my client, really just figuring out how to make this .png a proper .dat

    trees#9256
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Age
    23
    Posts
    666
    Thanks given
    45
    Thanks received
    196
    Rep Power
    127
    Okay first of all, you're not texture encoding. Textures are generated through operations pre rs3, generating a texture with a sprite is a specific operation. Can't really guide you as you didn't mention your specific revision, show all your code to generate (if you are) the texture metric and your method of packing such metrics.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information
Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. How to load custom textures
    By Yarnova in forum Tutorials
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 03-10-2013, 10:31 AM
  2. Replies: 53
    Last Post: 03-27-2009, 12:49 AM
  3. help adding in custom textures..
    By Philz in forum Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-19-2009, 06:18 AM
  4. Fire Shield - custom textured model
    By NinjaRabbit in forum Models
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-15-2009, 01:45 AM
  5. Custom Textures - ITS MUDKIP TIME
    By Clienthax in forum Show-off
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 06-22-2008, 08:11 PM
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •