Today's update brings some long-awaited Chambers of Xeric changes that allow you to solo more efficiently. We've also made some cool changes to the Voting system that allows accounts that were previously limited to 1 vote book every 12 hours (EIM/GIM/Realism etc) to open multiple books, but only 1 book for each bonus type (5 total). We've also added a random chance at obtaining the Alora-exclusive 'The Guns' pet, as well as the ability to purchase Rada's blessing (2) from the vote shop.
You are now finally able to manage the Kingdom of Miscellania! Speak to Advisor Ghrim to get started. Last but not least, we've worked hard to get the latest OSRS content out from their update last week, which introduced the new dungeon, Jormungand's Prison. Within this dungeon, you can find new Basilisk-type creatures that drop Basilisk jaws, which can be attached to the Neitiznot helm to create the Neitiznot faceguard.
In Other News…
For future updates that take longer than a week, we will make it a priority to release a development blog halfway through to show what we are working on. For obvious reasons, if we are working on getting an update out just 1 week after the previous one, there simply isn't enough time to write up a full dev blog, so they will only be written up for updates that are more time-consuming.
- Bug fixes:
- Removed the message that would print out into the chatbox every time you were Aerial fishing.
- Inviting players to your GIM group that have 1-2 letter usernames is now fixed.
- Catching kebbits through Falconry will now longer crush their bones if you don't have a bone crusher in your inventory or equipment.
- Name changes for EIM will now allow you to keep the old storage box items (no items lost) as intended.
- Players can now move around freely while Aerial fishing.
- Red dragon tasks will no longer be assigned from Konar if Dragon Slayer 2 is not completed.
- Fixed an issue where some areas in Iorwerth dungeon would not count towards Konar tasks.
- The leaf-bladed sword now requires 50 attack to equip, instead of 65.
- Seargant Steelwill, Seargant Grimspike, (Bandos minions) and K'ril Tsutsaroth (Zamorak boss) should no longer attack you if you are outside of their respective GWD rooms.
- This also applies to instances.
- Fixed a bug with agility laps not saving properly.
- Corporeal beast's defence against Ranged-based attacks has been increased.
- Tormented bracelet requirements:
- The requirement to craft this bracelet, 95 Crafting, has been added.
- Zalcano bug fix:
- You can no longer cast Ancient Magicks spells on Zalcano or the Golem.
- Konar smoke devil task fix:
- For players who were tasked with Smoke dungeon smoke devils, and wanted to kill the Thermonuclear smoke devil in an instance, the instanced kill would not count towards your task.
- This has been fixed, and both instanced and non-instanced kills will now properly count.
- Fixed a bug which caused Theatre of Blood to crash if a party member had a 1-letter name.
- Moonclan helm will no longer cause your head to be invisible.
Quality of Life:
- Players can now sell the Golden Tench to Alry the Angler for 100 Molch pearls.
- Players now have the option to hide the warning when entering the Karuulm dungeon permanently.
Chambers of Xeric changes:
- Great Olm (final boss) additions:
- Falling crystal phase:
- During the falling crystal phase, it was difficult to know exactly which tile the crystals would fall on. To counter this, we've added a shadow on the exact tile each crystal will fall on, allowing you to avoid that tile and not take damage more efficiently.
- Head turning:
- Previously, Olm's head would always face one direction (straight ahead) and not turn to any side. This means that it's attacks would inflict damage on you no matter where you were standing.
- Olm now periodically turns his head to the right or left, allowing you to avoid taking damage from his attacks if you are on the opposite side of where he is facing.
- This doesn't negate the damage that you take from special attacks, such as when falling spikes follow you.
- If Olm cannot find a player to attack in the direction it is facing, it will always turn to face the nearest player. This means that an experienced solo player can avoid taking much of the damage, but must run back and forth to avoid the direction Olm is facing.
- Fixed the projectiles that come out of Olm's mouth not being properly positioned.
Blade of Saeldor changes:
- Each crystal shard now provides 100 charges, as opposed to 25.
- The maximum amount of charges that can be added to the blade are now 20,000, instead of 2,500.
Vote Pet addition:
- Players now have a 1/500 chance to receive ’The Guns’ as a pet when opening a vote book.
- Players will have the option to “stroke” ’The Guns’, which will encourage him to start counting his workouts for all players to hear.
- Rada’s blessing 2 is now available in the vote shop for 600 vote points.
- The blessing has the following perks:
- An 8% chance to catch an extra fish when it is equipped.
- An extra 5% reduced burn chance when using the Hosidius range(totaling 15% burn reduction)
- An additional 10% blood runes when crafting blood runes.
- A 5% chance to get an additional dense essence block when mining dense essence.
- Protection from the burn effect in the Karuulm Slayer Dungeon when equipped.
- Unlimited teleports to Mount Karuulm
- Unlimited teleports to Land’s End
Vote book system changes:
- We’ve implemented a few changes to the vote book system, which should be beneficial to everyone. This new system should ensure that more Alora receives more votes, and continues to grow, and will also be quite a bit more beneficial for all players who regularly vote.
- One of the main changes is that players of all game modes can now select 5 of the vote book boosts per day.
- Regular/classic/ironman/Ultimate Ironman players can still open an unlimited amount of vote books per day, however they’ll only be able to select the experience boost(as per usual) if they’ve used their 5 boosts already for the day.
- Selecting bonus experience will not count towards the 5 boosts if a player has not used all of them yet.
- Group/Elite/Hardcore ironmen, as well as Realism players will be limited to 5 total vote books per day, which includes experience boosts as well.
- Since these game modes can now open 5 vote books per day, as opposed to the previous 1, the vote points received per book has been lowered from 25 to 15.
- Players can only select a boost if it is currently not active.
- For example, if a player has 20 minutes left on a raids boost, they will not be able to open a vote book and select a raids boost again until the 20 minutes have elapsed, and the bonus is no longer active.
- Vote book transferring:
- Vote books can now be transferred to GIM/EIM/Realism players by "using" the item on them.
- This was already allowed for most Ironmen, and was possible on the other game modes by trading auth codes, so this makes it a little bit more convenient.
- We’ve decided to add the Kingdom of Miscellania management to Alora, in hopes that players will use it to passively gather resources in exchange for their spare cash.
- How it works:
- Players can get to Advisor Ghrim by using the “Miscellania” teleport in the teleport menu.
- Note: Unfortunately, due to restrictions placed on Ultimate Ironmen, they cannot manage the kingdom of Miscellania, since they do not have a bank which the resources can be deposited in.
- We’ve made it so that Ultimate Ironmen can still use the coffer to store up to 75m if they wish, and none of it will be drained, unless they de-iron, in which case the days since their gold was deposited will be counted retroactively.
- Speaking to Advisor Ghrim will open up an interface where players can choose to deposit/withdraw money to the coffer, for the kingdom, and allocate up to 15 workers to 4 resources(Herbs/Flax, Wood, Fish(raw or cooked), and Mining).
- The more workers allocated to a given resource will result in more resources when you collect, and any idle workers will not provide anything, so be sured to use them all.
- Players can deposit up to 75m into the coffer, and every 12 hours, 10% of the coffer(up to 750k) will be drained. If less than the max(750k) is drained from the coffer on a given day, it will factor into your resources later on, with the max rewards for that given day being reduced.
- This might occur if you only had, for example, 5m left in your coffer, therefore only 500k(10% of 5m) would be drained, leaving you with 66% of the max reward for that day.
- Players can collect their resources at most once every 12 hours, or leave their resources to collect for up to 6 months.
- After 6 months, coffers will no longer be drained until the player collects their resources.
- Maximum resource rewards: The following resources below would be the maximum amount of resources a player could received each day if they have 10 workers allocated to that resource, and 750k gp was drained from the coffer:
- Herbs: 14 x Grimy Tarromin, 10 x Grimy Ranarr, 20 x Grimy Harralander, 13 x Grimy Irit, 9 x Grimy Kwuarm, 7 x Grimy Cadantine, 7 x Grimy Lantadyme, 7 x Grimy Dwarf Weed, 9 x Grimy Avantoe.
- Flax: 1750 x Flax.
- Woodcutting: 450 x Maple Logs, 60 x Teak Logs, 60 x Mahogany Logs, 8 x Birds nest.
- Fish(Raw): 250 x Raw Monkfish, 130 x Raw Shark.
- Fish(Cooked): 250 x Monkfish, 130 x Shark.
- Mining: 700 x Coal, 15 x Rune Ore, 5 x a random type of gem(Dragonstone(rare), diamond, ruby, sapphire, emerald).
Teleport Wizard interface updates:
- Miscellania teleport has been added to both the 'Cities' page and the 'Skilling' page, as it falls under both sections.
- Jormungand's Prison has been added to the Dungeon teleports (2nd to last teleport).
- Players with 1 or 2 letter names were unable to log in on the forums, with the error "You must fill in both fields" being displayed.
- This issue is now fixed, and you should be able to log in normally.
- Fixed a visual bug on the vote page on mobile.
- Updated to the latest OSRS data:
- This gives us the ability to use the very latest maps/items/monsters and more!
- Jormungand's Prison:
- Released last week in OSRS, Jormungand's Prison is a dungeon that contains Dagannoths, Basilisks, and the never-seen-before Basilisk Knights.
- Most of the dungeon is multi-combat, except for where the Basilisk and Basilisk knights are located.
- You can teleport here using the Dungeon page through the Teleport Wizard.
- # of monsters:
- 49 Dagannoths
- 12 Basilisks
- 19 Basilisk knights
- Basilisk Knights:
- These creatures, which require level 60 Slayer to fight, attack with both magic/melee combat styles and require you to wear a Mirror shield or V's shield when fighting them, otherwise they may deal very high damage.
- Occasionally, these creatures can fire out a red projectile, which you must dodge to avoid taking high damage. Simply stepping 1 tile away will suffice.
- They have a unique drop — The Basilisk jaw:
- The Basilisk jaw can be attached to a Helm of Neitiznot to create the untradeable Neitiznot faceguard, which is an enhanced variant of the regular helmet. (Bonus comparison in media below)
- Basilisk Sentinel:
- This creature is the superior variant of the knights which may sometimes appear.
- Cannon use:
- Cannons can be used in certain parts of the dungeon, but not in the rooms with the Basilisks or Basilisk Knights.
- A new shield has been added to the Slayer reward shop for 6,000 points.
- This shield is an upgrade to the mirror shield, and provides enhanced defensive bonuses (identical to an adamant kite shield).
- It is useful for fighting Basilisk knights, as it will greatly reduce their damage.
- Color-changing effect:
- The color of this shield will change depending on the color of your feet.
- Store updates:
- Cosmetic Mystery Box (Ironman accessible):
- A new mystery box has been added!
- This box differs from other boxes mostly due to the fact that Ironman/Realism modes can purchase it, as it strictly contains cosmetics that do not provide an in-game advantage.
- More importantly, this box is the only mystery box that has a rare chance of obtaining items from our custom donation list, such as the wise old man stick, bedsheet, and more.
Many different items can be obtained from the box, including:
- ULTRA rare loot:
- Tier 1: Partyhats (+ phat with specs), 3rd Age Druidic, Grain, Bunny ears, Wise old man staff, Peng pet
- Tier 2: H'ween masks, Santa hat, God boss pet
- Rare loot:
- Tier 1: Solo custom items (eg. Bedsheet, Wise old man's staff, Sled, Holy water, etc)
- Tier 2: Custom set items (individual pieces of sets such as the Ankou set, Skeleton set, Mummy set, Deadman set etc)
- Regular loot:
- Clue items such as gnome child hat, ring of nature/coins, etc.
- Flippers, mudskipper hat, ornament kits, samurai gear, robes of darkness, cow outfit, flags/banners, masks (demon, balance, etc), shoulder parrot, slippers, and more.
- 100 Tokens
- This item is tradable.
- Although it is intended for ironmen, it can also be purchased by normal game mode players.
As always, please immediately report any bugs you encounter. Enjoy!
Omicron & Chad[/LIST]
|« Ely | 718/OSRS | Largest RSPS Wiki | Instances, Presets, Discord Integration & More | Cywir RS3 | 887 - Telos, Magister, Vorago, Araxxor, KK, 1-120 slayer supported +more »|
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)