Edit: The main joke is, that they probably won't start adding plugin style features to the official client anytime soon, because it's "engine work" (i.e. most of the oldschool team don't know java well enough, since they only work with runescript).
Should go well being as it took them long enough to implement a world map.
Edit2: It seems that the main reason was for the fact that runelite had a public deobfuscator which they weren't too keen about.
Brief overview of what MatK just mentioned on stream regarding RuneLite:
- The main problem with RuneLite is the open source deobfuscator (among a few other problems, but deobfuscating being the main one)
- Jagex have been coming up with a 'strategy' on how to deal with 3rd party clients for a couple of months
- They cannot reveal any details about this strategy
- Even a closed source version of RuneLite would not fit within this strategy.
- They are, or will be in discussion with other 3rd party clients, no further comment as to what is being discussed
- Part of Jagex's 'strategy' will be able to deal with private versions of RuneLite
Update from Adam:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
|« OSRS World Pinger | - »|
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)